• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Pixar Asked For An Original Toy Story Plot and Other Fun Facts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habimaru

The only world that seems to be on track for following the movie plot is Tangled, but that's understandable since there's not much else you can do and have Rapunzel's hair still flowing.
Well, there's always Tangled: the Series. However, I reckon that following the movie's premise might be more on-point

Muke

whatever
Awards
Man, this makes me really happy. Here's hoping even more worlds will have an original plot!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, there's always Tangled: the Series. However, I reckon that following the movie's premise might be more on-point
I haven't seen the series, but the fact that she's in the tower points to pre- or during the movie, yeah?

Muke

whatever
Awards
I haven't seen the series, but the fact that she's in the tower points to pre- or during the movie, yeah?
It takes place after the movie and before the short-film "Ever After", which means Rapunzel and Flynn still haven't married.

She regains her hair due to some magical thorn? Or something. And one plot point is that it's unbreakable. She can't cut it off. I don't have the details anymore, but it's a good series. I like to watch it when I'm bored, since it does have some good characterization and nice moments. It'd be nice if they took some ideas from the series! (I love the interactions between her mother and Rapunzel)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It takes place after the movie and before the short-film "Ever After", which means Rapunzel and Flynn still haven't married.

She regains her hair due to some magical thorn? Or something. And one plot point is that it's unbreakable. She can't cut it off. I don't have the details anymore, but it's a good series. I like to watch it when I'm bored, since it does have some good characterization and nice moments. It'd be nice if they took some ideas from the series! (I love the interactions between her mother and Rapunzel)
I'm well aware of the basic plot, but it's the tower that is making me believe it won't take place post-film and post-TV series.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm well aware of the basic plot, but it's the tower that is making me believe it won't take place post-film and post-TV series.
Oops. I thought you were talking about the tv-series when mentioning the tower, my bad.

Yeah, I agree.

Echoecho6

Awards
I actually like it when the games follow the movie plot because then we actually get to fight some of our favorite villains from those movies. Toy Story having an original plot disappoints me a little bit because there are tons of characters I would have liked as a boss fight.

Also I love seeing Sora put into the movies plot to see how he affects it. In Mulans world I loved seeing him join the imperial army and being apart of it, and then fighting Shan Yu. Original worlds are great too, as I did love Beast's castle. I guess just for certain worlds I would rather see SDG react to the actual movies plot.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually like it when the games follow the movie plot because then we actually get to fight some of our favorite villains from those movies. Toy Story having an original plot disappoints me a little bit because there are tons of characters I would have liked as a boss fight.

You can still have them. Original plot doesn't mean no villains from the movie. KH1 Halloween Town had no mention of Christmas whatsoever and the boss was still Oogie.

Also I love seeing Sora put into the movies plot to see how he affects it.

He really doesn't. That's the issue.

In Mulans world I loved seeing him join the imperial army and being apart of it, and then fighting Shan Yu.

"Being a part of it" is really a stretch.

Original worlds are great too, as I did love Beast's castle.

That's not even that original, the main premise was still there, and the Beast acted exactly like in the movie.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It'd be neat if Galaxy World and the Gigas show up in Toy Story 4, even if it's just referenced on a poster.

Also Gigas need to be a real toy.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kinda mixed feelings on this, a Disney world where the bulk of is original areas not from any films kinda semi-defeats the point a bit. But I suppose creative liberties are a given if you're trying to tell a new story in that world.

It's not just creative liberties but legal liberties as well. You have to remember that a lot of toys featured in Toy Story were sponsored toys like Barbie. It's so much easier on Pixar and Square Enix's part to create a new area for an established world as oppose to re-negotiate contracts for licensed intellectual properties outside of the Disney hemisphere.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It'd be neat if Galaxy World and the Gigas show up in Toy Story 4, even if it's just referenced on a poster.

Also Gigas need to be a real toy.

They don't even acknowledge the BLoSC show, really doubt KH would fair better.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't see an issue with Disney Worlds having an original plot, nor do we know if this will be the case with every Disney World, seeing as how Nomura mentions that Pixar requested it for Toy Story, but we don't know if they, and the other people in Disney, did the same for the other Disney Worlds. Other than that, I'm honestly expecting more than six worlds. But even if we did get a few amount of worlds, it's better for them to be full of quality.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't see an issue with Disney Worlds having an original plot, nor do we know if this will be the case with every Disney World, seeing as how Nomura mentions that Pixar requested it for Toy Story, but we don't know if they, and the other people in Disney, did the same for the other Disney Worlds. Other than that, I'm honestly expecting more than six worlds. But even if we did get a few amount of worlds, it's better for them to be full of quality.

We know for sure Olympus Coliseum and Big Hero 6 are going to be not the movies, and Chaser was discussing about Tangled being the movie due to the nature of the characters.
So it's a three out of four for now, it's a good streak. Not even KH1 had all original stories.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Keep Star Wars as a world out of my Kingdom Hearts, please. Thanks.

Next probably won't be Frozen, I don't see it. I think they'll announce a Frozen world as a last, or at least close to before the game releases, so it gets really hyped, since we know a good number of the sales will come from Frozen fans. They'll want this world reveal to be the last.

Rii

Awards
I'm really wondering if, since Pixar worked alongside the team on creating the storyline for the world, we'll see some of the typical Pixar easter eggs, such as the Pizza Planet truck or the Luxo ball hidden somewhere in the world. I think it would be really neat to see the truck parked across the street from Galaxy World, or Luxo hidden under Andy's bed or something like that.

Neo_

Awards
Why not have them go to Al's Toy Barn instead of Galaxy Toys? You could've still had an original story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back