• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pirates of the Caribbean

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Griewer

Awards
Meanwhile nobody has mentioned the TRUE star of the franchise

01c213c174ebbac3d9c0024db4ca26f3.jpg

Looking forward to it soo much. <_<

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I enjoyed the film. I felt the editing around the first 30 minutes to be a bit jumpy, an extra shot might have helped that, but I enjoyed the new characters and everyones motivations were believable. Some of the jokes I was like "seriously? This made it through all the drafts" but there were times when I genuinely laughed out loud.

It was also lovely seeing Australian's in the credit. Filming took place in Queensland so it was delightful to think about all the jobs created for the industry.

I just wish they didn't spoil Elizabeth Swann since she was only around at the end. Speaking of, stay around after the credits.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Despite the reviews, as a fan of parts 1-3, this was a fun adventure in the vein of those films while actually being a good final chapter if this is the final Pirates movie.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Damn..this got some pretty bad reviews. I'll wait for redbox.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Overall I enjoyed the movie, definately recommend it.

The biggest gripes I have with a mostly nitpicks regarding continuity with the previous movies like:
Did Jack recieve his compass from a previous captain, or did he buy it from Tia Dalma? Wonderful to see Marty, Mullroy and Murtough again, but would they not have been on the Black Pearl when Blackbeard attacked? Speaking of Blackbeard, what happened to all his trophyships that Gibbs had at the end of the last one? Did Barbossa get his hands on them since he is now captain (commodore?) of a fleet of ten ships, and is the only one who can get them out of their bottles?

That sort of things; but if you're just looking for a fun movie, this is a good entry to the franchise.

Patricier

I think Dead Men Tell No Tales/Salazar’s Revenge is pretty awesome! Its definitely one of my top 3 favourites of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies! It had an interesting reveal as well as an intriguing post credits scene… ☺

Regarding some general thoughts on the movie:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Please keep in mind as well that some of these problems with the movie can be fixed/better explained with possible deleted scenes. The movie was originally reported as being 153 minutes, yet only ended up only being 129, so theres possibly about 23 minutes worth of deleted scenes that may help the movie if released
oishii-smile.png

Last edited:

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Patricier

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I do agree with you that Disney should be doing a better job with continuity not only with this but with pretty much every other franchise (although they overall have done a pretty good job with it, much better than with the Harry Potter movies, as at least most of the inconsistencies that Disney has had with their franchises have some kind of reasonable explanation).

Blackbeard maybe wanted to be the Last Pirate, like how Jack considered being the Last Pirate, and therefore waited for the East India Trading Company to wipe out all other pirates before fighting again them, so as to not be overthrown by both the EITC AND the Brethren Court and other pirates. After all, he is "the pirate that all pirates fear" and has no care or respect for other pirates. Despite the name similarities and resemblance, it makes more sense for Blackbeard to be his own person as he is supposed to be evil and feared, and not just a charming rogue like Teague.

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Deleted scenes and stuff that wasn't in the film on release isn't really going to fix this movie in my opinion. I'm genuinely wowed at how little I enjoyed it even with low expectations, and I really liked the past films. Probably the biggest disappointment I've had at the movies in years.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Am I the only one who unexpectedly shed a tear when Barbossa died? And there I thought Captain Jack is my favourite character I'd cry for. I actually didn't enjoy his portrayal in Dead Men that much... Was saddened by how overly arrogant he seemed, not that he was an angel of kindness before but hope ya get me.
The plot was too much in too little time, effects after effects after effects, fascinating locations that failed to fascinate me because they were too many and we rushed through them all. I still liked it, but it failed to catch my heart and enthusiasm, like the previous PiOTC movies did...

Salazar was badass though, I liked everything about his character and story

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It worked for me because I like to go into movies and shut my brain off. Barbossa dying was something completely left field especially because Effy Stonem was his daughter. Any sequel is now devoid of Barbossa so it will feel like a piece of pirates is missing

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
let the series die man. 5 was not good, it was the jared leto joker of the franhise- it tried way too goddamn hard and was just weird, all of the returning characters were OoC and it wanted sooooo badly not to be as boring and dull as On Stranger Tides that it became unlikable and forgettable just like it for the opposite reason:

the only way the framchise can be disgraced any further is if jack sparrow shows up in this terrible season of OuaT.

Patricier

Rating Dead Men Tell No Tales (as well as the other Pirates movies) Full Stars on Netflix and related sites will also help the series as that'll prove its overall popularity and interest, and even with Disney's Streaming Service launching, it will also help them stay on those respective sites and have overall accessibility longer :) Please keep in mind as well that if you have multiple Netflix profiles that you can rate them on EACH profile, which will count towards more ratings! :)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
What a dumb idea. Good luck topping Johnny Depp's performance.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What a dumb idea. Good luck topping Johnny Depp's performance.

I can sort of understand the logic behind it. A reboot might reinvigorate the franchise and draw in a new fanbase. After more then a decade it might be time for a change.

Though yeah it will be tough to top Johnny depp.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Reboot? The fifth installment just came out last year. Let a good series breathe. Hollywood so desperate to milk lmao. Come up with something original please dear god.

Back