• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Film ► Pirates of the Caribbean

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Dandelion
we should have asked the attendees of ours to chant. oh well, i'll ask ethy if she did soon enough.

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
I'm glad there is finally more word on the new Pirates movie, I was always a little scared it just wouldn't make it (even though it's bound to be a cashcow). About two more years huh? The wait shall continue.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Disney Royalty
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
I wonder what will Will Turner be doing in this movie. I recently found out that he's basically done sailing the Flying Dutchman.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Good to hear most of the series regulars from 1-3 are back. Really wish Knightly came back though. I love the original trilogy but On Stranger Tides was all kinds of awful so here's hoping for a good Part 5.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Disney Royalty
Good to hear most of the series regulars from 1-3 are back. Really wish Knightly came back though. I love the original trilogy but On Stranger Tides was all kinds of awful so here's hoping for a good Part 5.

It wasn't awful though, sure it didn't feel the same. I found really cool that Barbosa has his own ship again

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Fairest of them All
  • Nose Stuck in a Book
  • Flix and Chill
Will coming back without Elizabeth is weird because you know, they have a kid and shit.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Disney Royalty
Will coming back without Elizabeth is weird because you know, they have a kid and shit.
Is Stranger Tides before the 10 years or after the 10 years?

[video=youtube;EzvMSAGaLhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvMSAGaLhw[/video]

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
  • Master of Monologues
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
  • Final Fantasy VIII PC
  • In the Grid
It all depends on how far into the future it is since At World's End. My guess is Stranger Tides was roughly five years after that, with the year confirmed around 1750. Whatever ends up happening, we'll see if Will ever steps on land in the next film.

And maybe if it's before the ten years, he can't really mention Elizabeth since her fidelity is what frees him from the Dutchman.

Chaser

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Completionist
  • NieR: Automata
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
After everything with Depp (and by extension Burton) this year, I don't think I want to see this which sucks from a viewpoint of wanting to support Australian films.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
  • Master of Monologues
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Final Fantasy VIII PC
  • In the Grid
[video=youtube;joO-EJDjO54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joO-EJDjO54[/video]

HYPE THRUSTERS ACTIVATED

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
  • Beauty Within
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
EDIT: Ninja'd with trailer posting lol.

I like the Pirates movies, so I'm definitely interested. They have been hit or miss recently though. I love the whole theme and atmosphere of pirates, and I'm liking what I'm seeing with this trailer so far.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
  • Master of Monologues
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Final Fantasy VIII PC
  • In the Grid
This already looks way better than the fourth film, and they got rid of Penelope Cruz. All good things. And basically brought the whole crew back from the originals (aside from Pintel and Ragetti ;-; ), so it's definitely hitting the right notes to me. Has more of a vibe of the first film too. I don't expect it to top the third film for me, but I'd love to see it outdone by this.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
  • Beauty Within
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
This already looks way better than the fourth film, and they got rid of Penelope Cruz. All good things. And basically brought the whole crew back from the originals (aside from Pintel and Ragetti ;-; ), so it's definitely hitting the right notes to me. Has more of a vibe of the first film too. I don't expect it to top the third film for me, but I'd love to see it outdone by this.
These are all certainly true. It's got a lot going for it, that's for sure. This tone and feeling it gives off certainly makes me nostalgic for the original. It's definitely got my interest in a way that the fourth one never really did.

KingdomKey

Gold Member
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
YES! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! *hype intensifies*

I've been waiting patiently for the next Pirates of the Caribbean to happen. And I see the humor is still intact after all this time. I'm definitely onboard for this and cannot wait for this to come out. C:

Tartarus

Villain by Necessity
Awards
  • Fairest of them All
  • Nothing's Like Before
I think the last PotC I liked was Dead Man's Chest. Hopefully, this will be decent and not like the last two.

Zettaflare

See you in Shibuya
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
Wonder what monsters the new crew is this time?

Those two aren't coming back? They were the best characters :(