• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pirates 4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
Will IS immortal, what makes you think he isn't?

i said Sr. Will, as in Senhor Will, like not jr but the father, Bootstrap. How come he died when he was strapped to a cannonball into the sea if he took the cursed gold? Same goes for jack, but he took it at the end. Is it because they didn't take it and onlythe rest of the crew did? lmao, i just figured out why Will's nickname was bootstrap :D

Also about the prequels, you guys do know that there are books that are about Jack when he was a kid? I only read one since 8th grade didn't want me to read books below my reading level, but I liked them and it did say that "a voodoo witch but a curse" on a girl and she became a cat. Anyone wanna guess who that is?

shuyin_zer0

Awards
psh....the only reason they are doing a prequel is cause they cant continue the main storyline due to the fact that Keira Knightly's Contract has expired, and she Refuses to return for any more....

Sora22

i said Sr. Will, as in Senhor Will, like not jr but the father, Bootstrap. How come he died when he was strapped to a cannonball into the sea if he took the cursed gold? Same goes for jack, but he took it at the end. Is it because they didn't take it and onlythe rest of the crew did? lmao, i just figured out why Will's nickname was bootstrap :D

Also about the prequels, you guys do know that there are books that are about Jack when he was a kid? I only read one since 8th grade didn't want me to read books below my reading level, but I liked them and it did say that "a voodoo witch but a curse" on a girl and she became a cat. Anyone wanna guess who that is?

OHHHHHHHHHH! Ok I got ya now. :blush:

Bootstrap didn't die, he was immortal until they lifted the curse at the end of the Curse of the Black Pearl....and by that time he was already a part of Davy Jones crew....so he never died, and was not immortal anymore. Plus they said they had all the coins except for Will's...so that meant they had Bootstraps. And he was strapped to a cannon, not a cannonball. (I watched it not too long ago) lol

And the voodoo witch is Tia Dalma?! :thumbup:

T

Tragic Fall

I would like to see a prequel....but I also want the story to continue.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I bought the potc game on my cell awhile back and it was like a prequal game how sparrow used to be a lawabiding merchant before he got his hand on the pearl(but it was called somtin else for awhile) the movie will prolly be about that.

Sora22

I am just not sure how another sequel would do....I just can't picture it being very good.

But a prequel on the other hand has mucho potential....Jack's background before he was a pirate and worked for Beckett, the mutiny, his past with Tia Dalma, some background on Barbossa as well....more in depth on how they came to claim their pieces of eight.

I like that idea. :-D

rockin riku

there are books out about jack sparows yonger days were he goes out to get the sword of cortes. during it he is a stow away and he actually hates pirates he thinks they are dirty and evil. he does see tia dalma during it. there is some french kids. they are books for like p5s or grade 5s or what ever you call them and i am a really good reader so they are dead easy for me to read but i read them anyway cause i love jack.

they might base the new one (if there is a new one ) on the books

Last edited:
Tailing Ichigo, following his many exploits!
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
The Movie is starting to show it's age...I luv PoTC, but 3 was too long, and didn't really compare to the 1st or 2nd. Hopefully the next movie [if there is one, there are floating rumors that there may be another sequel, but its just speculation for now] will be better than the 3rd. If...

shuyin_zer0 said:
psh....the only reason they are doing a prequel is cause they cant continue the main storyline due to the fact that Keira Knightly's Contract has expired, and she Refuses to return for any more....

If they decide to replace Keira with someone else, it wouldn't be the same. And a prequel sounds interesting. Maybe a good break from the main story for awhile. Also, is there any evidence that it's because of Keira Knightley??

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
Bootstrap didn't die, he was immortal until they lifted the curse at the end of the Curse of the Black Pearl....and by that time he was already a part of Davy Jones crew....so he never died, and was not immortal anymore. Plus they said they had all the coins except for Will's...so that meant they had Bootstraps. And he was strapped to a cannon, not a cannonball.

OOOOOOO!!!! Ok tx for the help! I get it now :idea:, they didnt no that the cursed gold would turn them immortal so Bootstrap thought he was a goner so that's why he joined Davy Jones, gottcha. tx for the help!

They never said what mark Jack left on Beckett. I no Jack got the P for pirates because he "had a meeting" with the east trading center, but what about Beckett???

Sora22

OOOOOOO!!!! Ok tx for the help! I get it now :idea:, they didnt no that the cursed gold would turn them immortal so Bootstrap thought he was a goner so that's why he joined Davy Jones, gottcha. tx for the help!

They never said what mark Jack left on Beckett. I no Jack got the P for pirates because he "had a meeting" with the east trading center, but what about Beckett???

Your very welcome! :thumbup:

In some of the books about Pirates of the Caribbean, it is said that Jack used to work for Beckett as a delivery boy so to speak. He was assigned to deliever a cargo of slaves to a remote island but instead set them free and became a pirate. In turn this made Beckett furious and he branded Captain Jack a Pirate (note the "P")....it is also stated in the first movie, when Norrington rolls back Jack's sleeves and says: "Ah I see, had a brush with the East India Trading Company did we?". In my theory, Beckett lost lots of respect from his peers and greatly humiliated him. Thats the mark I believe was left on Beckett....in my opinion anyways.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
A sequal wont work cause we wont see Will or anyone outside of Jack or Barbossa because he is leaving the Carribean of sort to head to Flordia and the Fountain of Youth not the Holy Grail. A sequal would be missing your favorite characters besides Jack so doubt that there will be a 5th movie.

Now the 4th would most definatly make sense not matter if they are books for it. People already said dthe books are for 5th grades so why not make a movie but with not exactly the same plot as the books. Show how Jack was when he was younger and growing up and how he met Calypso. Also show how Jack became one of the Pirate Lords and obtained the Pearl. And maybe add something in there about his father and mom and everything. Prequal would be alot better then a Sequal cause a sequal sort of means the end.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Twilight93: Bootstrap Bill was thrown overboard with his shoes strapped to a cannon because he was still loyal to Jack Sparrow after Barbossa's mutiny. So, as he sank beneath the waves, he realized that the cursed treasure made him unable to die, and so he was essentially in a watery purgatory. He specifically says that he would have done anything to get out of there, and so he decided to take his freedom when it came in the form of a position on the Flying Dutchman.

As to a sequel, NO!!! The first movie left no room for a sequel, save for the scene after the credits and the fact that it had a dual title. Likewise, At World's End left no room for a sequel, save for the very end scene after the credits. So, if they make a new one, I believe that it should be a prequel about how Jack got the Pearl, his deal with Davy Jones, more background on Davy Jones's and Calypso's love, more on Calypso's imprisonment, and the mutiny on the Pearl and Bootstrap's bootstraps...

ultima_keyblade

Lost in Time
If they make a fourth, I would want it to be about Jack going after the Fountain of Youth and the Pearl, and maybe Will showing up in the Dutchman to help him out.

But personally, I don't really want them to make a fourth. Three is good enough for me.

The reason is Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley (I love her, btw!) said that they don't want to do pirates for a while, so it would take prolly at least 2-3 years maybe if they wanted to return. But like all the other movie companys, Disney wants to make money, so they would prolly just replace Keira and Orlando, which would ruin the movie.

So I vote no fourth movie, unless everyone returns and they have an awesome script (AWE was a little disappointing). As much as I love Pirates (It's my fave movie) I would rather have no movie than a half-baked movie.

ultima_keyblade

Lost in Time
Who ever said it was gunna be a prequel? They haven't even confirmed they are making it yet, so no one knows what it would be about. We can only guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back