• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Pics inside) Kingdom Hearts - The Lost Chapters (fan game)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

God Emperor

As the title says I'm making a video game :D I'll try to keep it short and go straight to the point.

Kingdom Hearts - The Lost Chapters

Backstory

So last year I came up with this story and eventually I decided to turn this idea into a video game. I worked on the game for a couple of months but due to lack of artists involved , university work , life and some other factors I gave up on it.

Game information
The story of KH - TLC takes place in the KH universe between KH I and KH II and during KH 358/2 days. The main protagonist is Sora.

Graphics
The graphics are similar to those of KH - CoM. I want the game to feel like KH - CoM but smoother.

Gameplay
The gameplay is live action and is similar to KH BBS featuring decks with action commands , finishers and keyblade combos. Most of the known commands will make an appearance :)

Current status of game
Currently, the first 12 minutes of the actual game are playable and bug free. Those 12 minutes include the tutorial and part of the main story.

Images
https://sli.mg/a/OE78ll

Help
I had given up all hope for this game but seeing this game stand in my pc makes me sad. I wanted to share it with all you guys but in similar KH fashion I wanted first to complete it and then release it as a surprise.

What I need , and I know its hard , is an environmental artist. I would like to work with someone who is able to draw iconic KH places like the Mysterious Tower like first district of Traverse Town etc similar to the artwork done for KH - CoM for the gameboy advance.

If you decide to work with me you will have to:

• Show me some of your previous work.
  • Have a playstation or anything thats runs Kingdom Hearts I & II.
  • Understand that this game is completely free so you won't be paid but you will be mentioned during the credits.
  • Draw digitally in a programm of your choosing.

If we do agree we will talk in private so you know exactly what my vision is and eventually I will show you the entire game so far :D .

So that's it. I don't know what to expect but I'm hoping for the best. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!

Wish you the best,
God Emperor

Royce & Mueller

Current status of game
Currently, the first 12 minutes of the actual game are playable and bug free. Those 12 minutes include the tutorial and part of the main story.

Think we can see some of those 12 minutes uploaded on YT or something....cause the images you linked look like some really badly photoshopped stuff. :X

voltage

The Photoshop is obvious, but I think most of it looks good. I wonder what game engine he's using.

God Emperor

Update

So I have just figured a way around my problem and I have gone back to designing and coding :) . I will be posting more pics in the future and maybe even a trailer.

Think we can see some of those 12 minutes uploaded on YT or something....cause the images you linked look like some really badly photoshopped stuff. :X

Everything you see is in game but yes I use photoshop to bring everything together but I know what you mean. I was focusing more on the coding rather than the visual stuff. As I said , game is bug free currently and the image mistakes like the logo , dialog boxes , stray white pixels etc will be fixed :D

As for actual footage I'm thinking of releasing a trailer during the next months. I didn't want any publicity because Square Enix tends to command cease and desists at the worst times and even though I never take credit or gain any money I still have my doubts.

The Photoshop is obvious, but I think most of it looks good. I wonder what game engine he's using.

I'm glad you like it :D . I'm using Unity and Photoshop mainly.

voltage

I didn't want any publicity because Square Enix tends to command cease and desists at the worst times and even though I never take credit or gain any money I still have my doubts.
You and me both. I want my game to be popular, but ehhh I kinda don't. I want HMK to spot me, but not if he makes a video on it. lol

I'm using Unity and Photoshop mainly.
We're using the same engine too. I'm rooting for ya. *Thumbs Up Emoji*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back