• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Photon Bullet Wounds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
New piece new style,inspiration. The funny thing is it was unplanned,and I didn't even make a thumb nail of it before making it. Which was the first time in almost year I just "went along". Anyway had a lot of fun with it. And it was also inspired by this song by Santana

incidentatneshabur.png

Anyway cnc.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Re: Photon Bullets Wounds

Had I not known this piece was influenced by that song, I wouldn't have been able to read that text... Unless it says something totally different ;-; Text placement is great, but I don't like the choice of font (actually I hate it and I think it's ugly). Also, I feel like the background is too sharp compared to the stock, which in turn feels too soft. I think it'd be better to reserve the grainy-texture that's causing the sharp feel in the background to specific areas of the background, such as the lighter areas and then make them more transparent/less noticeable in the darker areas. So pretty much instead of the grain having constant value everywhere, it works with the value of the rest of the bg.

That being said, maybe it'd be better to increase the difference in value for the background. Darken the dark areas a bit, especially if they're closer to a brighter effect. Creates a nice strong emphasis, and you can do this subtly so it doesn't dominate the piece either. Adding in some more minute shadows to the left of piece (immediate left of the orange ray of light) in that cloudy area might work too.

Now from what I see, you have some sort of light source shining down on her from the top of the piece, which I think would be better if the source was a tiny bit stronger, sort of to emphasize the stock itself.

Finally, I'm just taking some assumptions here, but I assume the rays of light are supposed to be cause of the distortion and kinks in her limbs right? If so, make them a bit stronger near her arms because if that is the effect you were going for, they're a bit too weak for what you were going for. They're strong as they get farther away from her, but dimmer the closer they are so I think the intensity should be done in the reverse effect.

meep

Despite all of that, I like it. Oh and you added an 's' to the end of 'bullet'. HAHAH GRAMMAR NAZI.

Edit: Oh and in the top left corner, that spherical effect you used. If you centralized that more, it might bring more cohesion to the piece. Right now, it kinda feels like it's just floating there and not really adding to the piece nor taking away from it. The other effects work because they surround the stock, but that one is kind of just... there.

Edit22222222222: OH OH OH OH

i think her face in the dupe at the bottom could be slightly more distorted, but not enough that you can't tell. IDK MANG

i'm tired of typing this post now ;-;

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

I may not be able to provide any cnc or whatnot, but I just like to say that I love this, and it's freaking awesome =3

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

It really is a great piece of work. A beautiful background, and great stock manipulation. The text is really hard to read though.

And it just seems kind of weird to me lol Creeps me out

i envy you for creating such a gorgeous piece of art. i really do.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com

Had I not known this piece was influenced by that song, I wouldn't have been able to read that text... Unless it says something totally different ;-; Text placement is great, but I don't like the choice of font (actually I hate it and I think it's ugly). Also, I feel like the background is too sharp compared to the stock, which in turn feels too soft. I think it'd be better to reserve the grainy-texture that's causing the sharp feel in the background to specific areas of the background, such as the lighter areas and then make them more transparent/less noticeable in the darker areas. So pretty much instead of the grain having constant value everywhere, it works with the value of the rest of the bg.

That being said, maybe it'd be better to increase the difference in value for the background. Darken the dark areas a bit, especially if they're closer to a brighter effect. Creates a nice strong emphasis, and you can do this subtly so it doesn't dominate the piece either. Adding in some more minute shadows to the left of piece (immediate left of the orange ray of light) in that cloudy area might work too.

Now from what I see, you have some sort of light source shining down on her from the top of the piece, which I think would be better if the source was a tiny bit stronger, sort of to emphasize the stock itself.

Finally, I'm just taking some assumptions here, but I assume the rays of light are supposed to be cause of the distortion and kinks in her limbs right? If so, make them a bit stronger near her arms because if that is the effect you were going for, they're a bit too weak for what you were going for. They're strong as they get farther away from her, but dimmer the closer they are so I think the intensity should be done in the reverse effect.

meep

Despite all of that, I like it. Oh and you added an 's' to the end of 'bullet'. HAHAH GRAMMAR NAZI.

Edit: Oh and in the top left corner, that spherical effect you used. If you centralized that more, it might bring more cohesion to the piece. Right now, it kinda feels like it's just floating there and not really adding to the piece nor taking away from it. The other effects work because they surround the stock, but that one is kind of just... there.

Edit22222222222: OH OH OH OH

i think her face in the dupe at the bottom could be slightly more distorted, but not enough that you can't tell. IDK MANG

i'm tired of typing this post now ;-;

Thanks for the super duper awesome cnc.................................Pedobear, I mean Ken.

I'll edit it up later and fix up the text. Thanks guys.

O

Oberon

Only major issues:

The focus. There's so much space to be filled, and it isn't filled (well, hardly). Make it bigger, and move the light/focus/focal down by the stock so it's simpler to understand. Currently, there's so much space and floating effects that I the negative area's are more interesting than the stock and light source.

The type. It could probably be bigger, and put somewhere better. And try to do something to make it more legible. I like what you did with it, if only those two/three things were addressed :)

I like it overall. Has a classic feel. And the stock is super creepy, which is very awesome. lol

june

you are now my god.
I really love this. I can't stop looking at it.
though I'd erase the green line of light at the right near the border, because there is light there already and I don't think there would be necessary one more.
And in the sixth letter there is too much light too, its make a bit difficult to read.

But overall I love it. I really do. So surrealistic. I really wish to get to do something like that one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back