• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Petition for Kingdom Hearts 3D Translated.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku Oblivion

Hello everyone, I'm an Italian fan of Kingdom Hearts Saga and I'm disappointed about the news of Kingdom Hearts 3D will translated only in 3 languages, personally I don't have any problem to understand the story by myself because I've studied english but surely it's better if the game is already translated, personally it seems just an injustice for the fans of this great saga, specially after Square Enix posted the trailer subtitled. So that's the reason I'm here, there's a petition online to sign for have Kingdom Hearts 3D translated specially if there are italian/spanish fans here ;D
Kingdom Hearts 3D Localization for Spanish and Italian fans Petition
Otherwise I ask to you all to sign it for solidariety, guys frankly I doubt this petition will change Square Enix's decision about KH 3D but we have to try for save the future of saga because if Square Enix decided this, it will probably that in future they doesn't translate other videogames such Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy XV, thanks to you for attention and excuse me if I've written with some mistakes.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I posted something similar in another thread, but speaking as an Icelandic person, we just learn English faster by getting everything in English. We never demand to have English content translated for us, on the contrary, we like everything exactly as it was originally. This is nothing but beneficial, since it makes learning another language way easier.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I would love to help, but the decision has already been made by SE. The video game business is all about the $$$ and if they don't think the production versus sales ratio is right they aren't going to waste their time releasing it for those fans. Cruel, I know, but like I said it's all about the money for the people who make those decisions.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I posted something similar in another thread, but speaking as an Icelandic person, we just learn English faster by getting everything in English. We never demand to have English content translated for us, on the contrary, we like everything exactly as it was originally. This is nothing but beneficial, since it makes learning another language way easier.
By this logic we all should stop demanding an English translation and enjoy the games in Japanese.

Arkrend

Google Translate makes the world go 'round

You sure? Because I get the feeling that if the OP had been in Italian then this thread would be about five pages long filled with nothing other than posts that said, "Lol. Speak English." except worded differently. Then the thread would be locked, and no one would have bothered to have learned what this thread was about.

Then the world would have lit on fire, and the gates to Cthulhu's lair would open. We'd all be enslaved, and forced to watch Mass Effect 3's ending and play Dragon Age II.

Then we'd be forced to make cooking sims, and have nothing to eat but chicken butt.

And we wouldn't be allowed to watch My Little Pony. Because Cthulhu's one weakness is friendship, and if he keeps us from watching the show we'd never learn to love and tolerate.

We'd also all become Sonic fanboys.

So basically it'd be the worst fate imaginable.

Thankfully that was all avoided by the OP posting in English instead of Italian.

Of course if they'd posted in Nigerian than world peace would have been achieved.

So it was basically a Batman Gambit.

Italian Version of OP:

Ciao a tutti, sono un fan italiano di Saga Kingdom Hearts e sono dispiaciuto per la notizia di Kingdom Hearts 3D sarà tradotto solo in 3 lingue, personalmente non ho alcun problema a comprendere la storia da me perché ho studiato inglese ma sicuramente è meglio se il gioco è già tradotto, personalmente sembra proprio una ingiustizia per gli appassionati di questa grande saga, specialmente dopo Square Enix postato il trailer sottotitolato. Ecco, questo è il motivo per cui sono qui, c'è una petizione online per firmare per aver Kingdom Hearts 3D, tradotto specialmente se ci sono italiano / spagnolo fans qui; D
Kingdom Hearts localizzazione 3D per lo spagnolo e italiano Petizione tifosi
In caso contrario, chiedo a tutti voi di firmare per solidarietà, ragazzi francamente dubito che questa petizione cambierà la decisione di Square Enix su KH 3D, ma dobbiamo cercare di salvare il futuro della saga, perché se Square Enix ha deciso questo, è probabile che in futuro non si traduce videogames altre simili Kingdom Hearts 3 o Final Fantasy XV, grazie a voi per l'attenzione e scusate se ho scritto con qualche errore.

Although I'm confused what the difficulty is about translating the subtitles. All Square would have to do is pop the text into Google translate, and change the language then add an option to select that language.

From a technical perspective, I don't see how that would be so hard. This seems less like something Square couldn't do, and more like something they didn't feel like doing.

Riku Oblivion

If you're really Italian, post in Italian.

Just saiyan.
For what purpose? I think if I posted it in italian nobody will understand what I said, obviously, and google translator couldn't help to understand it just because online translators will always sucks if you try to translate a simple sentence.
However, if you prefer, here's the post in italian:
Ciao a tutti, sono un fan italiano della saga di Kingdom Hearts e sono deluso dal fatto che kingdom hearts 3D sarà sottotitolato solamente in 3 lingue, personalmente non ho problemi a capire la storia avendo studiato l'inglese ma sicuramente è molto meglio averlo già tradotto, personalmente mi sembra solo un ingiustizia per i fan di questa saga, soprattutto considerando che la square enix ha pubblicato il video con tanto di sottotitoli italiani. Per cui sono qui per farvi firmare questa petizione online per avere KH3D tradotto, specialmente se ci sono fan italiani/spagnoli qui dentro ;D.
Kingdom Hearts 3D Localization for Spanish and Italian fans Petition
In alternativa vi chiedo comunque di firmare per solidarietà, ragazzi francamente dubito che la square enix cambierà la sua decisione con questa petizione ma comunque può servire per salvaguardare il futuro di questa saga ed impedire che altri videogiochi come KH3 o FFXV non vengano sottotitolati, grazie dell'attenzione e scusate se ho eventualmente scritto con qualche errore.
Maggosh, eccoti servito, ti ho postato come richiesto in italiano, ma adesso dimmi: cosa hai capito di ciò che sto dicendo? Se vuoi prova pure ad usare google traduttore ma non ti servirà a un bel niente, se vuoi dopo ti riscriverò questa mia risposta in inglese, anche se non ho capito che senso avesse farmi scrivere in italiano. ^^

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Although I'm confused what the difficulty is about translating the subtitles. All Square would have to do is pop the text into Google translate, and change the language then add an option to select that language.

There's one small problem with your logic here.

Google Translate sucks. Notice your "translation" of the OP and the actual translation given by Riku Oblivion.

Google Translate is a horrible horrible tool to use for translation, hence why there's always teams of humans translating things into various languages instead of just "popping it into Google Translate." In addition, ask ANY team of people who are fan-translating a game (especially from Japanese to English) and see what they think of using Google Translate to get it done quickly.

You'll find more often than not that they're not too keen on the idea because it does not always translate properly, especially for uses such as this. Yeah, you can get the general idea of what you're translating, but it's inaccurate and incredibly inferior to an actual speaker of the language translating it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Google Translate sucks. Notice your "translation" of the OP and the actual translation given by Riku Oblivion.

Google Translate is a horrible horrible tool to use for translation, hence why there's always teams of humans translating things into various languages instead of just "popping it into Google Translate." In addition, ask ANY team of people who are fan-translating a game (especially from Japanese to English) and see what they think of using Google Translate to get it done quickly.

You'll find more often than not that they're not too keen on the idea because it does not always translate properly, especially for uses such as this. Yeah, you can get the general idea of what you're translating, but it's inaccurate and incredibly inferior to an actual speaker of the language translating it.

Not to mention a lot of nuances and extremely unique meanings are lost in automatic translators.

Arkrend

True, but how difficult would it be to get the usual people that do their translations for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back