• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pete's Dragon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
[video=youtube_share;OlUkOid3TYc]http://youtu.be/OlUkOid3TYc[/video]

Trailer just dropped yesterday. Thoughts on this? I'm quite excited, to say the least.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The original movie was so cringy. If anything, this is one of the few Disney movies that deserved a remake!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why do I have this gut feeling that the obscurity of Pete's Dragon is going to make it a commercial flop?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Why do I have this gut feeling that the obscurity of Pete's Dragon is going to make it a commercial flop?
That's like saying that a completely new and original IP has no chance of being successful.

If this movie is good enough to draw attention, it'll do fine. Sure, it won't get the easy audiences because of a famous or nostalgic title, but if it's a good movie, it will get the success that quality deserves.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
my mom loved the original so we'll probably end up watching the remake.

i hope its better than that movie tho. friggin corny.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
000223517-petes-dragon_0.jpg

Pete's Dragon: Meet Disney's new, furry Elliott — exclusive first look | EW.com

What the hell is that

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
[video=youtube_share;fPOamb6d_20]https://youtu.be/fPOamb6d_20[/video]

The newest trailer came out this morning.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
For a story about an invisible imaginary Dragon and (another) feral child, they sure are trying to make it as "realistic" as possible.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I thought that as well. I'm curious as to what kind of reception it'll receive, as it certainly isn't generating a whole lot of excitement in the people I know.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Saw the movie today in 3D, which would not be my choice, but it was our only option for the time we were able to go. I came out being very much impressed. The movie was fantastic, the dialogue didn't feel awkward, and it had its emotional highs and lows. I thought that the CG Elliott looked very impressive, and the entire movie really blended well aesthetically. Whether you were a fan of the original or not, this is one I highly recommend.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I went to see this movie with some family and we all agreed that we were glad we only spent 5 dollars to see it. It was not a good movie at all. The pacing was terrible (the original movie only sticks in the forest for only 10 minutes for good reason). We were all waiting for something interesting to happen for way too long. It was not an experience I'd recommend to anyone.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Saw the movie today in 3D, which would not be my choice, but it was our only option for the time we were able to go. I came out being very much impressed. The movie was fantastic, the dialogue didn't feel awkward, and it had its emotional highs and lows. I thought that the CG Elliott looked very impressive, and the entire movie really blended well aesthetically. Whether you were a fan of the original or not, this is one I highly recommend.

I went to see this movie with some family and we all agreed that we were glad we only spent 5 dollars to see it. It was not a good movie at all. The pacing was terrible (the original movie only sticks in the forest for only 10 minutes for good reason). We were all waiting for something interesting to happen for way too long. It was not an experience I'd recommend to anyone.

I love seeing conflicting opinions on the same page. But objectively, it seems that critics unanimously agree that this remake is better than the original version (though the original version didn't have a lot going for it).

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I love seeing conflicting opinions on the same page. But objectively, it seems that critics unanimously agree that this remake is better than the original version (though the original version didn't have a lot going for it).

That is definitely true. I wasn't big on the original either.

I can understand why someone might not like this movie. It's slowly paced and relatively quiet, and thus is different from most movies out today. That difference is why I loved the movie, though, because it was such a refreshing departure from everything else. In a summer full of disappointing movies, Pete's Dragon was a welcome change of pace for me. I can't blame anyone for not liking it, but thinking back on it, it is still one of the better movies I've seen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back