• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PETA

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
What are your thought on them?

The reason I bring this up is because of this

PETA Calls Out Nintendo For Fur-Wearing Mario

^
Really?! they have nothing better to do then THAT!?^ Like it's the only video game to do that.

Super Mario 3 on the NES anyone?

anyway, this thread is to discuss PETA in general.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Bravo, PETA. Once more, you have amazed me to the point of disgust. Whenever I hear of a stunt being pulled by PETA, it always shocks me somehow.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Heh heh....
P-People
E-Eating
T-Tasty
A-Animals
All jokes aside, I always thought they were a little loony. I mean, come on, it's a video game for bonks sake! I mean, I'm all for treating animals nicely and not abusing them and everything, but this is just crazy.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
peta spends more time saying they care about animals instead of actually doing so

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
peta spends more time saying they care about animals instead of actually doing so
never have wiser words been spoken about peta

Did they consider all those animals that had to die for that Mario? How about all the citizens who died in the tragic accidents in Grand Theft Auto's games? God damn, they really have ran out of things to bitch about.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
This is... so laughable. I mean, I can get some of PETA's messages (sort of). I've seen Food Inc, what they do to animals is kind of unethical, so I'd at least be for treating the animals we kill for food better before we slaughter them into our tasty, tasty meals...

And then they do stuff like this. They're just so... dumb. They mope and whine about the dumbest things, bringing attention to irrelevant things, make terrible rip-off flash games (Oh Super Chick Sisters...) and are just all-around stupid that any good, potentially thought-provoking thing they bring to light is drowned by their dumb, stupid...dumb...dumb...idiotic, stupid, dumb...

UURRRGGHH

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Like gamers actually care what PETA says. I'm just waiting for Nintendo to sue over that Mario Kills Tanooki website.

axel95

Awards
I lost any and all respect for PETA when they were freaking out about some dolphin or whale in an aquarium that could see the ocean and that it wanted to be free so it could live with its friends. I would like to see them locked in a cage with a lion, tiger, or bear that hasn't eaten all day and see how quick they change their minds.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
I would love to actually play a full fledged game with a story of the one they have on their site.The gameplay looks stunning and the graphics are pretty good.What we need is more diversity in the environments and possibly different enemy types to add more replay value.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I really hope they do. I really really hope they do. But this isn't the first time PETA used Mario in a negative light (they even said the Wii breaks your arm or something...), so I doubt it'll happen.

No silly, that would give them more media coverage. Not to mention it would likely give them sympathy from the public. We wouldn't want that, would we? :3

In all seriousness, better treatment for animals = good, PETA = idiots.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
PETA: No guys, c'mon, it was just a joke, relax! *backpedalbackpedalbackpedalbackpedal*

PETA: anti-Mario campaign just a joke • Eurogamer.net

I also find it hard to believe PETA members are huge Mario fans when he stomps on turtles. Didn't they kind of voice their opinion about the Mario games in Super Chick Sisters with "PETT" (People for the Ethical Treatment of Turtles)? Nice try, PETA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back