• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Persona 5 Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Re: Persona 5 Artwork?

God I hope not. This doesn't have any sort of Persona feel. And after P4, this will not win my heart.

agreed. and the only reason it could be interpreted as having to do with persona AT ALL is the guy holding the broken mask. but no. p4 had an extremely similar art direction to 3, and it worked. so they don't have any reason to change it to that artwork in the first post. maybe concept work for a new game, but not persona related.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

artwork looks pretty bamf idk why you guys hatin'

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards

I think P5 having different artwork would be awesome - they're onto current-gen consoles now, so giving P5 a different feel would jive with being on a new system.

That, and maybe it's finally time for Persona to evolve past high school, too.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards

i like how it's just a promotional illustration of only three characters and everyone is already having OPINIONS

And this is suddenly Persona 5 because...? Either way, I like the mask design there.

yea it's not like persona in latin means mask or anything

Janus Q

Persona 5 Theories

As we all know Persona is a respected RPG series that uses modern themes on the genre. In the series the main themes have always consisted of old world magic meets modern problems and turning hell loose. I've always had a special place for persona in my gaming days and always loved playing each entry. My persona favorite is 4 of the series due to my favorite characters and great story, plus I still ave the art book I got with my pre-order. So now I have to wonder with development starting in secret for P5 we have to wonder what will it be about?

As I've watched the series over the years I noticed that the series has really made a place in the school theme setting over the years. The main characters have almost always had high schoolers as the main characters and rarely adults. So if we use our knowledge of the previous game we might carve out a few good theories to where the series is going.

1). The series has always been in modern times
2). The series focuses on personal improvement among characters and strengthens this theme in the later series P3 & P4.
3). Of the games main characters, male leads have always been consistent with fewer female leads including Maya of P2 Eternal Punishment, Aegis of P3FES and P3Portable alternate female lead.
4). Time is now on a calender making the later entries take place during the course of one Japanese school year
5). The protagonist is always silent with optional text choices. With the exception of Aegis in P3FES.
6). The main character in later entries now has a separate status screen used for social interactions such as Courage, Intelligence and Charm.
7). In every entry the Tarot Arcana has always been used in the series as a classification system for persona and a major story theme.
8). The Velvet Room has always acted as a hub among persona users and is always hosted by the infamous Igor.

With all of these traditions in the games we must wonder how these will apply to the 5th entry of the series. If there is one thing I wish I could change in the series I wish we had mini games in the later games. In P3 and P4 I felt like aside from side quests we needed mini games that focused on the life outside the battle. What are your thoughts on the next entry in the series? And what do you think we'll see when the game is revealed in another year or so?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Re: Persona 5 Theories

Merging with the pre-existing P5 thread~

Janus Q

sorry about that i tried doing a search for it and i honestly couldn't find one

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Nah it's cool; It wasn't named "Discussion" before, but I recalled there was a thread where discussion was happening, so yeah~ Post away!

Absent axel

That main character kinda looks badass.

But the person to the right. Not so muchh. This could be prototype artwork or changes could be made sooner or later.

Janus Q

they could be going for another detective theme like in Persona 4 by the look of the girl on the left. i think that would be cool, i liked the home town mystery theme of the 4th game.

Christhor

That's not a concept art for P5, guys. It looks a bit like it could have been early concept art for P4 though.

Persona 5 discussion? Well... it might exist at some point in the future!

Janus Q

well i started my own theories page about P5 but it was merged with this one because i didn't see it before.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
not to get everybody's hopes up with reviving this thread, but i didn't really feel this news, however old it may be, was worth starting a thread over, especially since the only real new persona stuff is P4A, P4G, and the anime. sort of makes me want a persona general thread, much neater.

ANYWAYS, the news.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is getting a port to PSP, new intro animation. Makes me really want to finish Innocent Sin, it's a pretty good game as well. This game puts Maya as the silent protagonist, giving Tatsuya a personality instead.

Biggest ups to this entire thing to me honestly:
A. There's going to be a scenario where we finally discover what Tatsuya's fate was.
B. TATSUYA HAS A PERSONALITYYYYYYY

I love Persona and all, and I know some people kinda enjoy the silent protagonists, but they tend to bother the hell out of me sometimes. That's a large reason I'm probably going to get this game if it gets localized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back