• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Persona 2: Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
No Persona 2 thread? Swore I made one. Aaaaanyways, I'll give it a nice fancy OP.

persona-2-innocent-sin.jpg

I'd normally just post some game description from a site, but I feel this game is too good for that really.

To give you a quick intro to the game, you play as Tatsuya Suou(Whoa, an MC that has a default name?), the silent protagonist as usual. The game starts out with you meeting the teacher, her asking you a few questions, then meeting your first party member, Lisa.

Soon after all of this, Sumaru City starts going into disaster after the appearance of Joker, somebody who starts granting the wishes of those who call their own phone number. Rumors also start becoming true once they become popular enough(a big part of the game, which I loved) and it's up to Tatsuya and his friends to solve it.

Now, that's the end of the description. I reaaaaally want to give my review of the game after beating it just recently, so prepare to read an essay. The gameplay is pretty decent, typical Persona turn-based strategy stuff. The few twists are Fusion Spells, where you mix a few spells together to make an even better one (major part of the game). DEMON CONTACTS ARE BACK AS WELL, VERY NEEDED, THANK YOU ATLUS. You basically contact demons using any of your characters, guessing what their response will be with their personality. They'll either be happy and form a pact with you, be eager and give you tarot cards, run away scared, or get pissed and get a few free hits on you.

The remixed soundtrack is pretty sweet. I got the game during release and got a free mini-soundtrack, it's an alright addition. Nothing to brag about aside from the boss theme in my opinion though.

Voice acting is sparse though in this game, so don't expect the amount you'd find in P4. You usually only get the voice acting in battle, but at the start of every boss fight (and the end for a few) you get a few lines from some of your party members. The voice acting is, in my opinion, fantastic as hell. Troy Baker is on the cast, that's all I'll say. Which leads me to my next part of this..

The characters. My god the characters. I'll just go one by one in a list.

Tatsuya Suou - You. You might as well go from there. He gets a personality in the sequel though, given he isn't the protagonist in it. That satisfied me enough, but I'll wait to play it. Sword user as well, if you hadn't anticipated that.

Lisa/Ginko - The sexy girl at school, the generic annoying female party member. She's a dancer as well, infatuated with Tatsuya in the first cutscene. She fights with her fists, and actually not too bad as a supporting female character plot wise.

Michel/Eikichi - Hands down my favorite character in the entire Persona series(as by my avatar). He owns his own band, sings, and is sexy as hell(i'd be gay solely for this man). He's a narcissist smart-ass know it all, and is constantly trying to compete with Tatsuya in everything. Most people would be turned off by this character just from how he's introduced, but I think he's hilariously great. His dialogue always puts a smile on my face from some quip he'll throw out there. Troy Baker voice as well. He's almost indescribable aside from his great outfit. Oh, and his weapon is a guitar case that fires bullets. Whew.

Maya - The second most important character in your party. She's a reporter who likes interviewing people, but mostly just aids the party and follows them to help solve the mysteries going on in the city. She's pretty cool actually. I like how she isn't constantly moping or anything like that.

Yukino - ..You may as well forget she's even here. I believe she was in Persona 1, but I sort of forgot she was in the party sometimes. She's even missing in a scene with the whole party in the intro. Photographer, sort of a tomboy really. You can't really hate her but.. I dunno. I didn't like her all too much eithe.r Fights with her fists.. I think. Her attack animations confuse me.

Overall, the game is definitely an RPG I'd recommend not skipping. A few cons though. The voice acting being so far and wide leaves more to be desired. The random encounter rate feels extremely high, even more so than many older RPGs. The storytelling at times does feel a little odd though, not sure how to put it. This is just my personal beef, but I'm not much a fan of the silent protagonist thing with this series. All this is easily ignored for the quality of the game though. I'd given it a 8/10.

I really wanted to put how I felt about the ending in that, but I'd rather just wait and see if anybody else has beaten it yet. And of course, spoilers and whatnot. So please, tell me I'm not the only one who purchased this gem on PSP.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Does Atlus have any plans to release the EP remake to the US?

I'm kinda hoping that they do some kinda dual-pack or something but I doubt it.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
No announcements yet, but I reeeaaally hope they do. I really don't want to play the old version with the translations and voices it had, ugh. Plus I really really want to finish the series on my PSP, I had like 50 hours on this game. The ending really makes me want more.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
No announcements yet, but I reeeaaally hope they do. I really don't want to play the old version with the translations and voices it had, ugh. Plus I really really want to finish the series on my PSP, I had like 50 hours on this game. The ending really makes me want more.

Yeah I got P3P today and I have P4, I figured why not get 2 and 1 to finish it off anyway.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Really need to get P3P though. Should hold me over until Eternal Punishment gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back