• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Percy and The Olympians

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Keybladerz

There are currently four books to the series:

1. The Lightining Theif
2. Sea of Monsters
3. They Titans Curse
4. Battle of The Labyrinth

Author: Rick Riordan

Introduction: The story is about a boy who has powers, greek god powers. Turns out, his dad is Poseidon, the god of the sea and earthshaker. He is a demi god and attends a camp for demigods like himself. Most of the greek gods play a role in the book as do any mythical creature. There are many demigods in the book, which are kids of many greek gods who have made children with mortals.

The book a relatively good, I liked it a lot. Its almost as fun as reading Harry Potter. Yes, it is a fantasy book.

Joe_Keybladerz

The fact that the sea of monsters is located at the bermuda triangle makes sense. Scylla and Charibdus (I forgot how to spell the name) of the epic poem "the odessey" destroy anything that was entering the bermuda triangle. That is a surprising, because ships in real life really do dissapear in the triangle.

I like how Mount Olympus is located on the 600th floor of the Empire state building in the book.

AND I also like how the gods interact with the main character and how they play a role in the whole series. Breeding with humans and making demigods who go to a camp to learn how to use their powers right.

Joe_Keybladerz

I wish that they make movies based of this series. It would be a great fantasy/action movie. In fact, so action packed that it would make the harry potter movie look like a baby with a piece of a tree branch, trying to wiggle it to see if something happens.

-Arcana-X-

I can see right through all your empty lies
I know; when I saw the Inkheart advertisment I just stared.
I don't know about Twilight, but the company better not mess up New Moon.

That's just the problem with books, movies mess up the whole plot. These books are well written that I almost don't want a movie to be made.

Reneeski

I know; when I saw the Inkheart advertisment I just stared.
I don't know about Twilight, but the company better not mess up New Moon.

That's just the problem with books, movies mess up the whole plot. These books are well written that I almost don't want a movie to be made.

Agreed.
Except for Breaking Dawn.
Anyone else smell the cheesiness?

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
I have to read the book first. But some movies made form the book are cheesy.

incase you guys didnt know a moving called the lightning theif is coming march 2010 based on the first book... anyone else getting a bad fealing about this?

i love the book series i read it all in 4 days a week ago and now im drooling for the 5th book :36:

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
i been reading this series since it first came out and it is good the 5th book is coming out in May and the movie next march

Muse

you look atrocious
I've read the first two books. Haven't gotten my hands on the third or fourth books.

Yeah, the Inkheart movie looks pretty bad, imo. They shouldn't have hired Brendan Frasier as Moe.

The movie sounds interesting.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
I've so far read 123 and I'm reading 4, kinda I just can't focus on it, it's just reapeting over and over of stuff from the pre-qual

Joe_Keybladerz

Yeah, they do that a lot. But if you read on, you will get to see that the book isn't half bad, its actually pretty good. Meaning it stops with the pre-quel stuff.

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
i've read the first three but not the fourth... i think i have it on hold at the library though. didn't know about the movie i'm wondering how they are going to do that, luckily with todays CGI all of the myhical creatures should look pretty cool (just look at Narnia), as per whether it will be cheesy onlt time can tell with that one... or hiring Nicholas Cage but thats another discussion lol. I love it's use of the Greek myths as it is one of my favorite topics, and i can't wait for the fifth one to come out... even though i haven't read the fourth lol

MageWarrior21

I love all these books with a passion! I reall do hope they make a movie based on them, good movies I mean. I think Percy is my favorite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back