• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pepsi Naming Contest Trolled by 4chan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Pepsi naming contest trolled by 4chan

Soft drink giant Pepsi has taken down a website where customers could vote on the name of their new flavour after it was swamped with internet pranksters.
The "Dub the Dew" marketing campaign asked users to suggest names for its new green apple flavoured Mountain Dew.

Users of the infamous online forum 4chan quickly took up the challenge, overwhelming the campaign with votes for names such as "Diabeetus", "Moist Nugget" and "Fapple".
The site was taken down and voting was disabled after the name "Hitler did nothing wrong" topped the list, Hypervocal reports.

While 4chan is best known for its acts of mischief, or trolling, the community has also earned a vigilante reputation.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
On the topic: I was at the mall Monday and got a meal at Villa Pizza with that Apple Mtn Dew flavor. Tasted p good.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I like how companies try to cover up their stupid decision to leave something up to online polls by saying they got trolled or directly blaming 4chan. It doesn't matter who did it, it doesn't matter that your precious little online thing got mangled. That is just going to happen and I'm surprised they even opened the poll at all. This was a chance for an online group to be a menace, this was almost bound to get shut down anyway.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
"Hitler Did Nothing Wrong" is so distasteful. It doesn't taste as good as Not See Kola, which I heard tastes like Crystal Pepsi.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Scumbag 4chan

Has the means and power to change the face of the world

Instead trolls a soda contest

At least it was just a soda contest.

Pretty lolsy imo. Never liked pepsi anyway.

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Hysterical. Positively hysterical.

anonmoosnvr 4giv
nvr 4get

Reminds of that one car company that allowed users to create their own ads by choosing pre-selected clips and adding their own text. You'd see a land rover driving through a mountain accompanied by inspirational music with the text "Drives like you dragging your balls across shards of glass."

When will companies stop trusting the internet? I hope never because it provides fantastic lols.

Awards
Pffffffft do you REALLY expect me to believe that people on the internet would abuse an online contest? brb, checking snopes.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Stuff like this seriously just gives me a laugh regardless of what they put as the top option. Seeing companies still trust the internet with online polls now is great news no matter what it is.

Awards
DrHZc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back