• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

People ignoring Kingdom Hearts' existence

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_

Awards
So many professed lovers of Disney and Square alike just ignore the series' existence. Many of my favorite YouTubers like Mike Matei or TheBitBlock rave about their love for Disney but never acknowledge Kingdom Hearts; anyone else ever noticed this weird borderline phenomena? I feel like it's always been uncool to like Kingdom Hearts, and for the better part of 15 years I've been trying to figure it out: Square is a respected RPG maker while Disney makes timeless films; people respect them on their own, but if you put them together it suddenly becomes this thing that is not cool to like. Even a channel like GameXplain will go all in on KH coverage sometimes and then completely ignore it at times like this.

Foxycian

Awards
So many professed lovers of Disney and Square alike just ignore the series' existence. Many of my favorite YouTubers like Mike Matei or TheBitBlock rave about their love for Disney but never acknowledge Kingdom Hearts; anyone else ever noticed this weird borderline phenomena? I feel like it's always been uncool to like Kingdom Hearts, and for the better part of 15 years I've been trying to figure it out: Square is a respected RPG maker while Disney makes timeless films; people respect them on their own, but if you put them together it suddenly becomes this thing that is not cool to like. Even a channel like GameXplain will go all in on KH coverage sometimes and then completely ignore it at times like this.

not true at all but then again maybe that's just what you saw as for me most people are hyped about the original story of the game not just disney

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
KH is a series where the Disney characters are frequently treated as filler/afterthought & the main plot is an excessively convoluted shonen anime featuring an ever growing number of not-Disney characters (ok, technically they are Disney, but no one counts that). It's not a stretch that some people aren't being won over by the Disney fanservice when said fanservice is a bait-&-switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back