• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Peas in a Pod

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Eh I'd juggle them moving Sora's pod to Twilight Town as disney magic. (or literal magic)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I saw that quote a few weeks ago and I was like "well shit. There goes my theory".

For a scientist, AtW breaks more logic than Sora's hair. I've decided to take the route of blissful ignorance and chalk it up to Disney Magic myself.

Disney Magic - when logic and reason can't quite cut it! :)

On a serious note, I guess that this is the only way to outright justify anything in the overall narrative that simply doesn't make sense. Ah, well.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Real question

What the hell happened to SDG's digestive systems during the year they slept? Did they make poop? Did that happen?

Because ew. Ew gross.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The use of magic halts their physiological systems: digestion, excrement, and reproductive, among others, except endocrine (which allows Sora to physically grow) and possibly respiration.

So, judging from recent replies, it seems that "magic" is the magic word in answering otherwise unexplainable occurrences. Boy, if only such an answer was applicable to many other topics, we wouldn't have needed to get all worked up into debates though that's where the fun usually lies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Do not forget though that while masquerading as "DiZ", Ansem had powers of darkness so levitating those pods with magic and sent them through a dark corridor to Twilight Town shouldn't be much of a problem.
(Although I admit that the imagined view of Riku and Naminé struggling about to move the pods while DiZ watches with glee from the side sounds hilarious).

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
So, judging from recent replies, it seems that "magic" is the magic word in answering otherwise unexplainable occurrences. Boy, if only such an answer was applicable to many other topics, we wouldn't have needed to get all worked up into debates though that's where the fun usually lies.

In a manner of speaking, working out what's important is only important when the story makes it important, if you follow me. So when Riku produces a Keyblade for Kairi we go "Whaaaaat?" because where Keyblades come from and how they work is critical to the plot. On the other end of the scale we have things that are irrelevant, or stupid. Why didn't Pete turn into his retro self when he went to Timeless River? Shut up. Shut up is why (I assume it had something to do with his door, but the real reason was so you could tell him and Retro Pete apart during the boss fight! As a result, the narrative excuse is ultimately irrelevant, even if you feel the story would have been improved by it). Somewhere between too irrelevant to bother and too important to ignore, we've got stuff that matters enough to get an explanation but the explanation itself doesn't matter. Does it matter that Sora's pod moved? Yes. Does it matter how? No. That's when magic did it.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
In a manner of speaking, working out what's important is only important when the story makes it important, if you follow me. So when Riku produces a Keyblade for Kairi we go "Whaaaaat?" because where Keyblades come from and how they work is critical to the plot. On the other end of the scale we have things that are irrelevant, or stupid. Why didn't Pete turn into his retro self when he went to Timeless River? Shut up. Shut up is why (I assume it had something to do with his door, but the real reason was so you could tell him and Retro Pete apart during the boss fight! As a result, the narrative excuse is ultimately irrelevant, even if you feel the story would have been improved by it). Somewhere between too irrelevant to bother and too important to ignore, we've got stuff that matters enough to get an explanation but the explanation itself doesn't matter. Does it matter that Sora's pod moved? Yes. Does it matter how? No. That's when magic did it.

Yeah, pretty much.

This being a fan based forum we do have bouts of talking about nonsense like it's serious (like the character height topic, but that was partly with the intention of being silly) but there are things that are ultimately just not that relevant to know or think about too much. When it comes to AtW I have a lot of questions, like how and where did he get all that high-tech we see in the mansion? I presume he must have some sort of income to support himself and Namine so where's he getting the money? Or does he just steal food? Or pose as a hobo and beg for change? Or have Namine dressed as a hobo and beg for change? How did he get electricity to the mansion without anyone knowing? If AtW cares so little about Namine, why did he bother getting her a bunch of what I can only assume are beauty products? Did she bring them from CO? They've lasted a long time. Either way, he sure was nice enough to let her be comfy. Why did he think that a good idea to hide Roxas was to recreate TT and all its people as data copies, then upload Roxas as data with a new life as a happy and healthy teenager? Wouldn't it have been easier to keep Roxas as inactive data on a storage device? With the insane technology available, I'm sure there's a floppy disk that Roxas.EXE could have fit on and AtW use as a nice costar until Sora was already to awaken. Or as a wedge for that wobble on Namine's desk.

If Sora was so important to his plans, why didn't he wait there until he woke up and tell him what was happening himself with added dramatization? When he got out of the RoD why didn't he go find Mickey? Mickey wants to help bring down the Org. too so I doubt he would have gotten in his way. At most, he would have disapproved of AtW wanting to seek vengeance, but ultimately, he probably would have helped him. Where did he get that black coat when we see him sitting on the RoD shore? Was he like Riku, wearing it all along underneath his clothing?

Etc, etc, etc. There are a lot of questions, some of them important, some of them not so much, but either way, the series looks to be not interested in answering them (because some are just plain irrelevant to answer), so "Disney magic".

But seriously though, the digital Twilight Town thing was fucking stupid.

blksabbath74

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I saw that quote a few weeks ago and I was like "well shit. There goes my theory".

For a scientist, AtW breaks more logic than Sora's hair. I've decided to take the route of blissful ignorance and chalk it up to Disney Magic myself.

What about Sora's feet? He's like a Shetland Pony with the feet of a Clydesdale...

But seriously though, the digital Twilight Town thing was diddlying stupid.

Diddly'n A....

(I actually wrote out diddly)

Yeah, I agree, the whole digital Twilight Town is WAY overly complex. It would have been much easier for them to have hidden him out on some actual world (which could have been Twilight Town) not on the Organization's Radar.

Try explaining it to a five-year-old (who luckily has grown up on Doctor Who).

Timey-Whimey-Spacey-Wacey = Disney Magic

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Giant shoes were the in thing on DI. The three Good Fairies were a bit behind on the times and thought hey were still a thing, and in fact, making them bigger made them more stylish. Sora didn't know any better either being asleep for a year.

But on a semi serious note, I do think it's partly just the shoes. At that age teenagers have huge hands and feet, then they grow into them. Which seems to be the case with the younger characters in KH. Since they're designed to physically look similar and his outfit is fit, I actually take Vanitas' feet size to be closer to what Sora's actually are.

blksabbath74

Giant shoes were the in thing on DI. The three Good Fairies were a bit behind on the times and thought hey were still a thing, and in fact, making them bigger made them more stylish. Sora didn't know any better either being asleep for a year.

But on a semi serious note, I do think it's partly just the shoes. At that age teenagers have huge hands and feet, then they grow into them. Which seems to be the case with the younger characters in KH. Since they're designed to physically look similar and his outfit is fit, I actually take Vanitas' feet size to be closer to what Sora's actually are.

One thing's for sure, he should have really strong calves...

Maybe Rapunzel can introduce him to barefooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back