• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Peace Homies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
pokeman54 said:
where exactly does it say this? nomura didn't comply to every little wish that the fans made, y'know. nomura most likely planned out the whole story before making kingdom hearts, just like how george lucas planned out everything before making star wars! anyways...toning down the game does...what? it makes sora less articulate and mobile, doesn't it? why would you want that?

No. Actually toning him down makes him fight a little more realistic and that was the cool thing in KH1. Instead of fighting over the top and leaping and jumping around the room, Sora fought like a human being. It was cool being a person that fought using a more normal fighting style and was able to conquer oppenents who fought over the top. I mean, when I tone him down in KH2, he's still quick, it's just his fighting is similiar to the way it was in KH1.

pokeman54

King Sora_Strife said:
No. Actually toning him down makes him fight a little more realistic and that was the cool thing in KH1. Instead of fighting over the top and leaping and jumping around the room, Sora fought like a human being. It was cool being a person that fought using a more normal fighting style and was able to conquer oppenents who fought over the top. I mean, when I tone him down in KH2, he's still quick, it's just his fighting is similiar to the way it was in KH1.

so sora can be human again?

congratulations. you've totally undermined what it means to play a video game.

pokeman54

TwilightMaster said:
How?

if you use a quote, then that more than counts for 25 characters. enough with the stupidly pointless 252525252525

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Kingdom Hearts 2 was not a failure it was just not as good as the first.

Reasons:
Unlike Kingdom Hearts 1 levels weren't super long.
Cutscenes actually made more sense in KHI then 2 and so did the story.
You guys complained about how hard the game was first time.

Alot of people are complaining about the endings I see. Well in KHI Sora had to leave Kiari behind do any of you know why to look for Riku. So begins KH COM and, they still don't find him but Sora is put to sleep for a year then KH2 begins. At the end he is reunited with all his friends even The King so that ending for KH2 was just right.

But Yes, KH2 could have been better but, its also not SE's fault for this its actually more so our fault for being Spoiled. Maybe if you guys wouldn't have(and me incuded)been figuring out how does KH2 go and, also if you probably wouldn't have learned about none of the XIII members and, none of the Drive Forms it probably might have been a little harder(But probably not by much).

But, I will say this their were failed promises on the levels of some of these places
like I don't know if you guys remember but, The Beauty and the Beast level was actually supposed to be longer. We were actually suppose to have access to the Forest(where Beast was attacked by Wolves while protecting Belle) and, Where Belle was from the Town and crap.

Yeah basically lets just say this. If Noruma would have stuck with the original plans without changing things like in some of the trailers. The game would have been very long.
like for instance Twilight Town is bigger than it really is there were more cutscenes for that world then we have seen

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
You see, the cool thing about making Sora fight more human is the whole underdog flare it gives to the experience. Here he is, a character who fights like a regular human and he takes on beings who can leap high in the air or has the strength of 100 men. Using strategy, he's able to take down these supermen by finding their achilles heel. Do you know the satisfaction of beating Sephiroth with a human fighting style? It just gives you the gamer a satisfaction of proving that that superman is nothing of a kind, but has a weakness like everything else. Mind over muscle.

BlaZinbritt11588

woah. you guys r nuts. whoever started this thread, good job.

but personally, i dont think it was a COMPLETE failure. it was just OK. not as good as the first, but OK. it's not the best video game i've played. im not gonna flame u like *some other people* just because u didn't like it. its your opinion, and plus, this isn't a "Kingdom Hearts loversz" thread. everybody doesn't like kingdom hearts. GET OVA IT, KAY??? :)

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
King Sora Strife....I really hope you don't play the Final Fantasy games. If you want a realistic game, go buy one. I never thought Sora fought realistic, but this is just my opinion. Many of his abilities caused him to do things I've never seen anyone do in a fight. This makes it fun for me. It's the same reason many people love watching skateboarding and the such. Also, realism hasn't ever been something that Nomura or Square/Square-Enix really used. You complain about realism when Sora runs around talking to a duck and a dog. Look at Final Fantasy VII. Cloud fights with a sword that would be IMPOSSIBLE to lift or even swing, and he wields it like it's nothing. If you want realistic gameplay and characters, you're definitely looking at the wrong game. I understand it's your opinion, but when you complain about something that is very big in this game's style, it kind of annoys me. You bring up all these things to try to bring the game down, but they all have very little foundation in fact.

Personally, I thought the game was ok. It's not bad but needed LOADS of work. Here's what I think was good and bad.

Good

Sora, Kairi, and Riku's personality and clothing
New battle system
Story's elements(not the story itself but what was in it)
Improved graphics
Sephiroth
Final Fantasy character involvement
Many other things

Bad

Story(the way it was set up was horrible)
The worlds(they weren't put into the story well)
Some of the lines were corny
Mickey(they made him way too tough in my opinion)
Bosses were too easy
So short
No Replayability
Many other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back