• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PDD1 Developing PS3/Vita Action RPG

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Final Fantasy Network

Looks like Square has another ARPG in the works, this one being developed by their 1st Production Department on the Unity Engine. Is it a new franchise entirely? Or maybe a sequel to Type-0? Or FFXIII-3? Or something KH related?

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Another New Untitled Action RPG

Sounds promosing, lets see how it goes.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Well, it says action RPG, so it's highly doubtful.

The article makes mention of using an airship over a world map with gameplay within the airship itself. Definitely sounds like a Final Fantasy game, but I doubt it's FFXIII-3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it could be anything for now. From Type-1, some other FF game, KH, to a new IP. I'm sure we can apply the term "airship" lightly until an official name is revealed considering a lot of SE games use flying aircrafts...then inns are in other games as well. I'm leaning to Type-1 :3

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Kingdom Hearts with a airship I actually like that idea, hopefully its that Kingdom Hearts game that they only mentioned once.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While I can argue that this could be KH (which I did with Seta for fun), I wouldn't put too much hope into it EM.

DERP DERP I didn't see the edits until now xD This is Division 1 xD

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
yeah your right, well if it is a brand new FF game then count me in :) thanks EW

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
FF Haeresis XIII, calling it now.

But seriously, I believe it's a sequel to Type-0, possibly on a home console?

Edit: Forgot, it is on the PS3/Vita hahahahaha

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Very interesting.

I look forward to hearing what comes of this...

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I don't care what the game is called. xD

It's an Action-RPG, it's been developed from the PDD1 and for the console i own and i will own!

This is a day 1 buy! New IP, old IP(FF, KH etc) bring it on! :D

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
Well, it says action RPG, so it's highly doubtful.

The article makes mention of using an airship over a world map with gameplay within the airship itself. Definitely sounds like a Final Fantasy game, but I doubt it's FFXIII-3.

What? The article doesn't say any of this...

It says the team is looking for developers who have experience developing "RPG mechanics like a job and ability growth system as well as inns and airship travel."

How did you go from that to what you said? Sheesh... lol.

As for whether it's a FF title or a KH title, it sounds like it could go either way. "Airship travel" is probably what I would put on a job listing if I needed someone to make the gummi-ship sections. You can't exactly put down that you need someone with "Gummi-Ship" experience.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
What? The article doesn't say any of this...

It says the team is looking for developers who have experience developing "RPG mechanics like a job and ability growth system as well as inns and airship travel."

How did you go from that to what you said? Sheesh... lol.

As for whether it's a FF title or a KH title, it sounds like it could go either way. "Airship travel" is probably what I would put on a job listing if I needed someone to make the gummi-ship sections. You can't exactly put down that you need someone with "Gummi-Ship" experience.

That's just paraphrasing from FFN. I probably should've mentioned I was mostly referring to andriasang's article, but didn't believe anyone to take that paraphrasing literal.

Another listing, asks for planners to work on gameplay over a 3D field. The job consists of creating play elements for flying an airship over a world map, and planning gameplay for within an air ship, including things like inn functionality, customization elements and checking up on game progress.

Square Enix 1st Production Dept. Developing Action RPG For PS3 and Vita -- Andriasang.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back