• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PC or MAC?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PC or MAC?

• PC

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • MAC

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow Soldier

Mac only because I don't give a shit about PC gaming (I think it sucks), better performance, and less virus attacks. But sadly, because of the price, I'm stuck with a fucking PC.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Both of them are good at different things, it all depends on what you want from your computer. PCs are good for spreadsheets and word processors and those sorts of official things, whereas Macs are better with creative programs like Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
PCs are good for spreadsheets and word processors and those sorts of official things, whereas Macs are better with creative programs like Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
Wow. If you honestly believe this you are a massive sheep to Apple's advertising campaign.

Raebus

Gasp, I must have a special pc/laptop because I have photoshop on it :D
Must be some kind of mac/pc hybrid.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
the virus argument is pathetic. If you know what you are doing and be smart on the internet your system will remain clean for life. Do PCs have a laundry list of problems? Sure. I've had my fair share of headaches, but you know what, you work around it and move on. I've been using a Dell desktop my whole life and when I had the option to get a Mac for college I tried it, and gave it back, just wasn't for me. Now I'm enjoying Windows 7 on a studio xps laptop.

PS Love that comparison picture btw, sums it up beautifully.

Last edited:

Trag

Bronze Member
lol at people who think macs don't have viruses
lol

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Currently I'm a PC.
But I need a laptop so I'm getting one for Christmas.
So should it be a PC or a Mac?

Trag

Bronze Member
SS, It was more directed towards the mac-brainwashed masses. I recently had someone tell me that Mac's invented Apps. :/

I'd go for a PC laptop, but that's just me. You can get them extremely cheap on Tigerdirect.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
PC~

but i think only reason to get a mac would be as like a luxury, or if you already have a PC, >~>

but PC for the win

paru

OHhh mannn!
I am alll the WAY for pc!
mac is VERY limited for the things i want to do where PC is very flexible and and and able to take out parts and see whats going on with my pc.

plus im a pc gamer and building pc is EPIC! mac....bleh~ it sHEXY! thats the only thing i can say about maco_O

Raebus

One annoying thing that both PC and mac users do in the adverts: "I'm a pc"

No, you aren't a PC :D
You USE a pc. God, that always annoys me.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Depends what you'd use the computer for.

Macs have utterly fantastic video and audio editing software, like Final Cut and Pro Tools, but lack software support for pretty much every other function.

PCs have a huge pool of software to choose from. This also means more games. PCs are not completely at a loss for video editing software as the Adobe Suite offers programs like Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects, but Final Cut and Avid (the industry standards) are all exclusive to Mac. Also, I don't know of any audio editor on PC that comes anywhere close to Pro Tools.

You could, however, dual boot. It's much easier to dual-boot on Macs than it is to dual boot on a PC, since Apple officially supports dual booting. It is, however, very possible to dual boot on PCs.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Hmm...I've been wanting to edit videos and audio...So I may just get a Macbook and run bootcamp on it for all the Windows software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back