• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Paul Newman dead at 83

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora3000

Awards
Hiya! I don't know why nobody would bother to make a thread about Paul Newman's tragic death but I hope there are a lot of you folks who are fans of Paul if you remember what he is well known for. He was known for his movie roles in these following movies: Exodus, The Hustler, Hud, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and The Sting. He was also the voice of Doc Hudson in the Disney/Pixar film Cars. It is also amazing to know that like Doc Hudson, Paul Newman himself was once a race car driver until he retired in September 2007. He was also beloved by his countless beneficiaries of his philanthropic food empire, Newman's Own, which has raised more than $250 million for charities. After a long battle with lung cancer he died at age 83 on Sept. 26 at his farmhouse in Westport, CT, surrounded by family. I am very sad by his passing to because on 7/15/08, I sent Paul a letter and a picture for him to sign as an autograph and I received it signed on 8/2/08 and I am very thankful that he did. In my letter I was hoping and praying that he would be okay in his battle against lung cancer. Also in my letter, I told Paul that he and I have one thing in common. We are both admirers of Jim Carrey. Rest in peace Paul :sad:. For you will always be remembered in our hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back