• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Patapon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Okay, so I've been hearing all about Patapon lately seeing as Patapon 2 is out now. I've read up on the first Patapon, but I really can't decide wether to get it or not until I get some more in depth explanation of exactly how the game works. Information preez.

BirthByMom

In a nutshell you control your tiki-warriors with different drumming combo's and kill the enemies :p

Nah it's way more interesting than that. Obviously getting the perfect gear for your patapon army is in a big part of the game. Also you need to gather different resources and "money" called ka-ching to improve your patapon army and get different kinds of patapons. Different races and modifications of them called rarepons. Wich rule btw. Patapon and Patapon 2 are a bit different with the in-game mechanics and I would say patapon 2 is "improved" version of patapon so if you're only getting one, get patapon 2. But patapon isn't a bad purchase either. Both the games are my fave 2 games on psp.

Your job is to guide your army through different missions (hunting, special missions (ones you go through to get different "miracles" etc.), "story battles"(kill army's of enemies and proceed in story) and boss battles (kill big monsters)). There are also different kinds of mini-games you can get throughout the game and you need the minigames to get certain kind of resources to make again, better patapons or rarepons in this case.

I'm a bit bad at explaining what you can do in the game but trust my word. You'll love it if you get it. Please get it. :)

Rix

:)
Awards
I could not stand this game. Loco Roco is better.

I think it really depends on what you like. I've only tried the demo for Patapon though, but didn't really like it... While I loved Loco Roco.

So is the whole Patapon game like it is on the demo?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I think it really depends on what you like. I've only tried the demo for Patapon though, but didn't really like it... While I loved Loco Roco.

So is the whole Patapon game like it is on the demo?
weren't they both made by the same designer?

Rix

:)
Awards
The games looks really similiar, but as I have seen, the concepts and game plays are completely different from eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back