• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Passion Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
It probably is since EMI can't post the news up since the Passion Internet Live is going on. Also, that's the perfect date to release her new single because it is also the same release date as Koda Kumi's last single (at least the last of the '12 singles' thingie she's got going on). The companies probably wanna see some competition. Of course, this is all just speculation.

Last edited:

Angel_Protector

Will Let just hope it come out that Day. ALso I don't want to
hurt someone that Been gaving Us A very good Info On the
cd and the singles Date.

I also know that this is Just Rumors on the info
you just given Us.

Last edited:

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
Wow! See, I was thinking that the title of Passion would carry over to the English version, since obviously she doesn't say "Passion" at all in the Japanese version, sort of like "real Emotion". But, hmm....Sanctuary...I'm liking the sound of that, IF THE RUMORS ARE TRUE.

*does 800th post dance*

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Ok! Comfirmation alert!
Confirmed title: Sanctuary
RetroJapan from U-O said:
Her exact quote from the radio program (FM Yokohama)

"...Eigo version mo atte, socchi no taitoru ha "Sanctuary" tte iundesuyo..."

"...There's also an English version, and that title is called "Sanctuary"..."

:) So unless she is completely lying lol...

Release date: Still rumored as 2.22.06

Oh and some more info on Passion:
RetroJapan from U-O said:
In one of her recent radio interviews, she mentions how it was very very difficult for her to come up with the Japanese lyrics (since she wrote the song in English originally), so much so that she actually approached her staff and the Kingdom Hearts staff to see if it would be alright if there was only an English version, and no Japanese version. But obviously she needed to create a single for Japan, so that didn't make any sense hahaha...

But to know that she was so set on the English version, it will be really interesting to hear how it sounds... Lyrically and otherwise...

Apparently, Passion was 'forced' and Sanctuary was more 'natural'.

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
o_O ... does that mean passion in english will sound even better!?, I cant wait to hear it!

Sora_The_Bearer

thats really exciting. thanks for the update! and you never know, we might be able to get it early february if we're lucky, she might sing it on the radio station or somewhere cause thats what she did with simple and clean

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Well, her site hasn't been updated with any new news, so we'll just have till the end of Jan. We'll probably have some news by then.

And in other news, the full version to the FANMADE remix: Passion -Planit V remix- is released and is retitled to: Passion (VM's Voice of the Future).

EDIT: Remixed by DJValueMeal of Utada Online.

YSI
MU

Last edited:

Angel_Protector

NarutoEXE said:
Well, her site hasn't been updated with any new news, so we'll just have till the end of Jan. We'll probably have some news by then.

And in other news, the full version to the FANMADE remix: Passion -Planit V remix- is released and is retitled to: Passion (VM's Voice of the Future).

YSI
MU
OMG that sound Very Good to my Ears...Good Job NarutoEXE.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
just heard "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".
Weird...I don't really know what to say about it. She definitaly put soul into it, but there's something I didn't notice that my brother did, that's a huge flaw.

Karl, by bro, heard this, but was playing video games instead of watching it, so he didn't know an acclaimed Japanese Singer was performing it. He thought it was some overobessed fangirl.
That was the only problem, she sang like a fangirl and not a singer. I don't know if anyone else can hear this though, but apperentally you have to only hear it to notice it.

Back on track tho', Naruto you kick ass with your links!
Keep up the great work.
I have a question- tho'. How is it that we can't hear the English Version when it was written first? That's a little unfair that she's holding it back until the 22st of February, when it's already in English. What's keeping her up?

)Ok, that was 2 questions(

Cannie

the english version of passion may not be the exact translation of the japanese version remember she will change it a bit so the lyrics will fit in with the music, bare that in mind people ;)

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Angel_Protector said:
OMG that sound Very Good to my Ears...Good Job NarutoEXE.
Oops! That wasn't my remix, it was remixed by DJValueMeal of Utada Online. *goes to edit*

Engulfed said:
Karl, by bro, heard this, but was playing video games instead of watching it, so he didn't know an acclaimed Japanese Singer was performing it. He thought it was some overobessed fangirl.
That was the only problem, she sang like a fangirl and not a singer. I don't know if anyone else can hear this though, but apperentally you have to only hear it to notice it.

Keep up the great work.
I have a question- tho'. How is it that we can't hear the English Version when it was written first? That's a little unfair that she's holding it back until the 22st of February, when it's already in English. What's keeping her up?

Well, maybe she was singing it as a crazed fangirl and not as Utada Hikaru. And she can't release the English version first cause the Japanese version of the game comes first, which means the Japanese version of the song must come first as well. Plus, she's signed with a company, so they have a say in when she releases her stuff.

Cannie

Engulfed said:
just heard "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".
Weird...I don't really know what to say about it. She definitaly put soul into it, but there's something I didn't notice that my brother did, that's a huge flaw.

Keep up the great work.

Do u mean that Utada Hikaru has done Boulevard of Broken Dreams????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back