• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Passion Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono_X

Re: Pa-Pa-Pa PASSION!!!!

I downloaded hikari to compare them and I like Passion a lot more, it flows a lot better i think. I can't wait to hear it in english

Last edited:

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net

Oh...oops. Did I not mention what the reversed lyrics were? And at the end, before she says "Aozora no shita de", she says "My fears, my lies." It kinda fits in with the translation of "Aozora no shita de" (Below the blue sky). My fears, my lies, below the blue sky.

Last edited:

Wolviana

I've been listening to it... alot. I like it much more than Hikari or Simple & Clean, and those songs were perfection. I can't wait to see the opening and closing cinemas to it.

Ultima Monkey

Website
www.myspace.com

Dude, the part where its reversed and you hear her say I need more passion than you know is so freaky! I wonder if that was deliberate. Cool. I keep listening to the song now. I don't want to get tired of it though. Watch the song slap every KH fan across the face. It does seem like one of those songs that should be played in the BG. Knowing KH they'll pull off some beautiful scene. Can't wait to see what happens! Can't wait to hear the enlgish version either.

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net

Yes, the reversed lyrics are supposedly deliberate. Since at our fansite, we reversed S&C/Hikari, and found hidden English lyrics. We began reversing every single song we could but found only that S&C/Hikari had hidden English lyrics. She probably visited our fansite and liked the idea and used it for Passion. But the hidden English lyrics in S&C/Hikari, I don't think those were deliberate. Those were probably accidental.

Last edited:
M

Mitsukai

Ahh yes.. I didn't know that you were actually supplying the music video! I have downloaded it but I can't play it... Any suggestions? I tried it on Windows media player 10 but it siad that it might not support the codec...

M

Mitsukai

I did... the music seems to be out of sync with the video and the screen is kinda small too, even when in full screen. I like the animation and Utada Kikaru looks cool walking and dancing with those other people but I think it's kinda weird how they just suddenly change to the horses at the end. I like the music better then the video clip...

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards

G-G-G-G UNIT! Lol that is what I first thought when you put Pa-Pa-Pa PASSION! Song is alright, beat is nothing special.

Crusader

Skåne, Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol system, Milkyway

Dark Niwa said:
It's better than Simple and Clean IMO only because it has more muscial depth and it seems to have more meaning especially since i can't under stand it :D
NO song is bether then Simple and Clean, understand!

Thanks NarutoEXE for the song, video an all the info. :)

I must say I didnt like the song when I heard the short sample (Dont kill me yet, Im not finnished) but now after hearing it all I love it. The sample really dont do it jutice.

Is there a version of After the Battle out there???

Palomino

For me, Hikari/S&C is still better than Passion, though it is great. Waiting (and Bleeding :D) for the english/ending version to pass my complete judgement...

Whispered.Hope

Murr, I don't remember if you mentioned it. I know you had the site, and that they thought she was saying "I need more passion". But it was nice to actually reverse it, hear it myself and know she was saying "I need more passion then you know." It was coolios. And I know that last English line. ^__^ It's really all cool/

Rikkuk

Speaking of Hikari-Does anyone know where to find the hikari music video?

And I think it says, "I need more affection than you know."

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net

I think you'll be disappointed when you see the Hikari video compared to the Passion video. No the ~after the battle~ version hasn't been released yet, at least, I don't think it has. The one(music video) I uploaded it, you'll have to play it on Quicktime or VLC. And we've been debating over if it's "affection" or "passion" on U-O.net

Hikari video: http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=tu4v2MbmEds&search=Utada Hikaru-Hikari

Whispered.Hope

It'd be a waste of time to watch the 'Hikari' video. I watched it a while ago...it was so bad xD Hmm, maybe it's both. There's more 's' then 'f' which signifies passion, but there's this 'c' in there that makes it affection.

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net

Well she said that the Hikari video idea was last minute. She wanted to use a foreign director but her schedule and the director's didn't match up so she asked Kiriya-san to do a last minute video with a last minute idea. A year later or something, she got to have the foreign director direct another vid of hers; but that's a whole other story.

Thank you list.

Last edited:

Whispered.Hope

Well that definitely explains it xD That's too bad. I wonder how the music video would've look had she had the time to do it.

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net

Well, it wasn't her fault. It was the foreign director's. His schedule was probably more busy than Hikki's. But when she did get a chance to use this director, they actually made a pretty good vid: the COLORS music video.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!

Madness said:
Yeesh. It's good, but it's not that good. Hikari was better in my opinion. (refuses to call it "Simple and Clean", lousy americanization <_<)

Which brings up a question. The English lyrics to Simple and Clean were completely butchered when compared to Hikari's Japanese lyrics. You think they'll do the same to Passion?

Dude you can't say it was a "Lousy" Americanization because they're two different songs. Hikaru's gang did write them both you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back