• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Party members switching in battle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
^
Hopefully by using kh2's system as the "core" he'll find things to replace reaction commands and add a bit of strategy to the mix with what they've learned from making the handheld titles.

I do hope he takes the obvious fact that people love the command deck system and somehow implements that into the game. I understand that besides KH1 and KH2 had similar "core" gameplay mechanics, but people did not like the reaction commands. Ignoring those things and bringing them back along with keeping the command system out would just be counterproductive to the whole "experimenting" with the portable titles.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I do hope he takes the obvious fact that people love the command deck system and somehow implements that into the game. I understand that besides KH1 and KH2 had similar "core" gameplay mechanics, but people did not like the reaction commands. Ignoring those things and bringing them back along with keeping the command system out would just be counterproductive to the whole "experimenting" with the portable titles.
I hope so as well, though personally I've grown tired of the command deck. Though I still have trouble believing it there are actually people who enjoyed those reaction commands, so hopefully he goes for the larger crowd they didnt.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I hope so as well, though personally I've grown tired of the command deck. Though I still have trouble believing it there are actually people who enjoyed those reaction commands, so hopefully he goes for the larger crowd they didnt.

To each his/her own I'd say. I'm more tired of the KH1/KH2-system not because of overuse but because compared to the command deck it is clunky and offers close to no variety since all that is truly effective is just "whack away with the Keyblade".
Reaction commands are flashy to look at and look "badass", but they have no substance and made the game way too easy just like the overpowered drive forms.

kupo1121

Awards

I can see why some would grow tired for the command deck, but in my opinion, as long as the commands change, the command deck is easily reinvented. I mean, I think the reason why some people are tired of it is because they may be using the exact same commands through all the games. If you kept a constant deck of the same 8 commands or so (since many of the same commands existed in BbS, Coded, and DDD) then one can only blame themselves for getting tired of it since they're using it in the same way.

In BbS I created different decks inspired by different things for the trio and I did the same in DDD with Riku and Sora. I like being able to play 2-3 vastly different characters so the command deck that I have for Aqua is nothing like the one I have for Terra, Ven, Sora, or Riku and thus, it's a totally new experience.

As for the reaction commands, I can see why people enjoyed them. You cannot deny that the first time watching a reaction command in the game was refreshing and fun, it just gets tiring after spamming it over 5 times in one match. I think it would be cool if they did something like with the last Xemnas fight in KH2. You actually have to beat the boss by yourself but once you defeat them, they sit there motionless and you go up and initiate a reaction command that finishes the battles. It's the best of both worlds since those who don't like spamming reaction commands don't actually use reaction commands for the battle itself and those that like them still get to see the flashiness of them at the end.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sure it was cool the first time for all of us but at the same time they made the game to easy for me so it was more love/hate in the beginning for me.
I couldn't agree more on the Xemnas battle, that was the one time I truly enjoyed the reaction commands. =D

It'd be an interesting approach for reaction commands if they followed that idea. =3 still would rather be without but heck I'd give it a try, never know if you'll enjoy it or not till you do.

To each his/her own I'd say. I'm more tired of the KH1/KH2-system not because of overuse but because compared to the command deck it is clunky and offers close to no variety since all that is truly effective is just "whack away with the Keyblade".
Reaction commands are flashy to look at and look "badass", but they have no substance and made the game way too easy just like the overpowered drive forms.
I can't deny that fact, the 'whack away' part reached it's peak with kh2. In kh1 you at least had some incentive to think cause of tech points.

Hopefully he takes things from all games so far and using the kh1/2 system as the "core" he can make something that gives variety and is something new at the same time.

kupo1121

Awards
I can't deny that fact, the 'whack away' part reached it's peak with kh2. In kh1 you at least had some incentive to think cause of tech points.

Perhaps it's just me, but I felt like the reason the "whack-away" system got tired in KH2 was because one combo lasted like 7 seconds. If you equipped all of the right abilities, you could string together combos that lasted a LONG time and it got kind of annoying to just spam X (or O in FM) over and over for 10 seconds to initiate this huge command. KH1 didn't suffer from that problem because for the most part, the longest strong was maybe 4 hits.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Perhaps it's just me, but I felt like the reason the "whack-away" system got tired in KH2 was because one combo lasted like 7 seconds. If you equipped all of the right abilities, you could string together combos that lasted a LONG time and it got kind of annoying to just spam X (or O in FM) over and over for 10 seconds to initiate this huge command. KH1 didn't suffer from that problem because for the most part, the longest strong was maybe 4 hits.

That certainly had a bit to do with it. I hated the long combos and equipped as many negative combos while deactivating all the plus combos I could to avoid it.

kupo1121

Awards
That certainly had a bit to do with it. I hated the long combos and equipped as many negative combos while deactivating all the plus combos I could to avoid it.

At first it was really cool and I loved whipping out these huge combos to take down a Large Body or Assualt Rider that could take the hit but after I realized that one long 10 second combo did a whole bar to Sephiroth, making him really easy to beat, it just became too much.

Gram

Banned
Awards
At first it was really cool and I loved whipping out these huge combos to take down a Large Body or Assualt Rider that could take the hit but after I realized that one long 10 second combo did a whole bar to Sephiroth, making him really easy to beat, it just became too much.
My biggest issue with the long combos was the finishers. I hated that you had to use a finisher move to finish off a boss.
I know magic worked to but most of them, like Sephiroth, was immune to magic. =/

kupo1121

Awards
My biggest issue with the long combos was the finishers. I hated that you had to use a finisher move to finish off a boss.
I know magic worked to but most of them, like Sephiroth, was immune to magic. =/

I also didn't really understand that concept. Why did you have to do a huge keyblade attack in order to finish of a boss. They seemed to have taken that out since then though since in BbS and DDD and stuff you can just kill the boss after depleting their lifebar.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I also didn't really understand that concept. Why did you have to do a huge keyblade attack in order to finish of a boss. They seemed to have taken that out since then though since in BbS and DDD and stuff you can just kill the boss after depleting their lifebar.
I dont understand it either, most likely to be flashy I guess. I noticed and I'm glad that we haven't seen it in any of those games since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back