• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Party members switching in battle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

Awards
Hey guys. For KH3 i would like if there was a rotation system and you can switch party members and fight as each one. For example not only fight as Sora but with one button we can switch and battle as donald or goofy while the other 2 battle as normal behind you. Kinda like how you switch and take control of the party members in Final Fantasy XII. I think it would be a cool new addition. What do you think?

Gonzales95

Awards
It is certainly an interesting thought but personally I wouldn't really want to play as Donald or Goofy much, perhaps only once or twice as a novelty. On the other hand if you can switch to other Keyblade wielders then that is something I'd be very interested in!

Nova

I'd prefer more control on how your party players battled. Sort of like in FF12 where you could assign different gambits and moves they would perform under certain conditions. If HP < 30% use hi potion, if OPP-HP > 10000 use Demi xD.

kostas

Awards
yeah that can apply to any party member. Maybe Riku will join the party in KH3 sometime like how he was a party member in the world that never was in KH2. It would be great to control him. And who knows Kairi may join the party as well at some point of KH3

wayward-wind

Website
www.last.fm
It is certainly an interesting thought but personally I wouldn't really want to play as Donald or Goofy much, perhaps only once or twice as a novelty. On the other hand if you can switch to other Keyblade wielders then that is something I'd be very interested in!

I love the idea of switching between keyblade wielders during battle! Maybe that's something that might consider for KH3.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think that, as cool as it sounds, having it for a single-player mode wouldn't be all that great BECAUSE in the end, it all revolves around Sora, so if Sora dies, I think it makes sense for the battle to have to restart. I don't know about you, but I do not trust an AI to decide the fate of whether or not I win a boss battle.

I think it would make more sense for Donald and Goofy to be playable in some form of cooperative multiplayer aspect to the game. Heck, it doesn't even have to be DG, it could be any of the partners (probably except the Disney world specific ones since that would be a bit much to flesh every single partner out including them).

Gram

Banned
Awards
I like the idea, it'd be cool to adjust the party how you want like in FF13. Though with the story revolving mainly around sora it may get more limited than FF13's.
Not to big on controlling donald and goofy but the idea of switching between other wielders I like. =D

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I like the idea though it seems like a lot of work for the developers. I don't mind the idea of playing of playing as Donald, Goofy, or any of the other Disney characters and I'm assuming that like in KH1&2 in most Disney worlds you have the option of having one world specific character in your party so each character would have to be interesting to use. Switching party members and being able to play as all the characters you can get could be fun but it depends on how well programed and how flexible the other characters besides Sora are.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Thinking on it now wouldn't it be a bit difficult for writers to have to write a line for every party member during cutscenes?
If you could switch between them all like in FF13 fashion that means they'd all be present during scenes.
Though seeing how the various character react with each other in such scenes would be a treat~

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Thinking on it now wouldn't it be a bit difficult for writers to have to write a line for every party member during cutscenes?
If you could switch between them all like in FF13 fashion that means they'd all be present during scenes.
Though seeing how the various character react with each other in such scenes would be a treat~

Depends on how the party system works I guess. Canonically even if you're only allowed three party members the other characters are still with you, just invisible during gameplay. But I think the cutscenes will play out all right.

Fortissimo

Maybe playing as them was triggered by a reaction command seems more realistic. Like say Sora got trapped in a battle by a particular attack move by an enemy, you could trigger a reaction that would play from Donald or Goofy's point of view. Or when performing group attacks. The idea of changing how they fight though, that would be greatly appreciated.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd rather they not brig reaction commands back in any form but I like where the idea is going though.

kupo1121

Awards

This is always a problem I've had if you could choose between 10 or so party members (all GoL, DG, Disney-specific character) it just gets too hectic. For the main story, if they kept the party members to 3 (DG and world-specific character) the game could carry on like it always has.

Maybe playing as them was triggered by a reaction command seems more realistic. Like say Sora got trapped in a battle by a particular attack move by an enemy, you could trigger a reaction that would play from Donald or Goofy's point of view. Or when performing group attacks. The idea of changing how they fight though, that would be greatly appreciated.

That's exactly like in KH2 with taking over Riku when Sora was trapped. I don't mind it but I don't think it's necessary at all, it would be just too jarring if it happened one too many times. It's a great mechanic to shortly take over another character, but it really shouldn't be overused.

Gram

Banned
Awards
This is always a problem I've had if you could choose between 10 or so party members (all GoL, DG, Disney-specific character) it just gets too hectic. For the main story, if they kept the party members to 3 (DG and world-specific character) the game could carry on like it always has.
My biggest irk in such situation isn't choosing its keeping them all leveled. Dx
I meant script/scene wise though.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Frankly, a given party should be only about three or four, including sora or whoever else the player is controlling. It makes everything more manageable in the moment, and-assuming they go down the Playable GoL route-the thin chance of a possible scenario in which we get to play with multiple parties following their own threads.

kupo1121

Awards
My biggest irk in such situation isn't choosing its keeping them all leveled. Dx
I meant script/scene wise though.

I don't think leveling is really a problem considering in all iterations of KH so far and in FFXIII, everyone leveled as a group so that the world-specific members would never be seriously underleveled.

Gram

Banned
Awards
In all honesty I had forgotten kh parties level all at once. xD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully they will implement the feature. In FFXV, they've confirmed that you can switch between your party members and I hope the developers who are working on Kingdom Hearts 3 can take this idea.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have been always a proponent for a full fledged party system and that hasn't changed. Seeing what they do with Noctis and co. in FF XV, it would be a neat feature to also implement in KH.
It would make KH feel more as a RPG and not just a button smasher (which will be inevitable if they really bring back the system from KH 2 where everything except swinging the Keyblade, occassional reaction command and Reflect was useless).

Gram

Banned
Awards
^
Hopefully by using kh2's system as the "core" he'll find things to replace reaction commands and add a bit of strategy to the mix with what they've learned from making the handheld titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back