• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Part 1. of Legends and Upstarts : The Contest of Unity (A.J. and Morpheaus)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

angelvixenkit

Drifting from anime worlds to game worlds
(Actually kit, as with RP tradition, the person who made the first post in a battle scene/enviornment is to make the first move, which is then followed by the second and so on in a turn-baised fashion. It is also un-proper ettiquite to post an attack before the other person(s) had his/her turn to defend or attack agian, in other words to attack agian before they've had a chance to retaliate. So it's up to you to make the first move.)

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
(Oh, okay)(For the record, if anyone is wondering how I cast spells not on my spell list (Bard) its because for the added arcane power i need to extend my spell list, therefore the closest class spells are Sorcerer spells, which are cast the same way)

Vrael was at work the second he stepped into Herneckt. He was retreating inside, cloaked in shadows. He was throwing up defensive spells on himself. Stoneskin for increased armor. Spell Mantle for spell resistance. Cat's Grace for increased dexterity (now it's considered 26). He threw off two Delayed Fireballs as wards. Haste for speed. Etheral Visage for added concealment. The song 'Writhe in Pain' (From Guilty Gear X2#Reload OST :D) Started to play. If you looked really closely, there was a greenish-yellowish purple glow coming from Vrael. The Color of Magic. He held his swordbreaker in a low gaurd,crouching to make a smaller target. He awaited his opponent with a big grin on his face.

Last edited:

angelvixenkit

Angel shook her head as she stepped inside. Her opponent had himself so easy to find. The scent of human magic hung thick over an area to her right.
"Aww isn't that cute? You think you can hide from me. That magic you used won't help you hide, run faster than me, or frankly help you in anyway. Using magic around me is like adding gasoline to a raging fire. Both not very good or helpful plans. You might as well come out, or I'll come in." Angel taunted as she took out one of her weapons.
(Oh btw, great taste in music. GG rulz!)

Last edited:

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
"Looks like we're similar in more ways than one" Vrael muttered and he charged forward, a two-handed grip on his swordbreaker...and somewhat darker in overall complexion. He jabbed first in the stomach, then at neck level.

Meanwhile....Another Vrael was way up above, using his innate drow ability to levitate.Also darker in complexion, he had his staff in hand, cresent butt facing down at the battle.He was looking over what to do She's right,magic will fuel her, and vice versa for me in this world...Melee is hardly an option, I'd probably get my ass handed to me...unless... He started to fall, straight at Angel.

angelvixenkit

Angel dodged and blocked with ease. Any wounds she had received healed quickly. She heard the sound of a body falling. She looked up, and she smirked. As Vrael made another jab with his sword she dodged and grabbed his arm. She spun him and threw him into the second Varel, both crashing to the ground.
"Was that an honest attept or are you playing around? Come on, shadow clones, copies, whatever you want to call them. Dude, first grade stuff. So whenever the real you wants to come out, let me know." Angel called out.

Malum Incantum

OOC: Guys, Kegan (LoC) wanted me to tell you, that in Herneckt, as with all Planes on that Level, magically made resistance is useless. Sorry. If you read up on your planes, you would know that -- or so he says...-shrugs-

IC:

Malum smiled and watched the fight. This was indeed an interesting one. He ate popcorn as he listened to the people chat around him and the two warriors on the plane using their powers carefully, and trying not to overdo, or in most cases, under-do something. "Woohoo! Go guys!"

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
(My knowledge in the way of planes barely excedes that of the Forgotten Realms, even that is lacking...although I've seen the Eigth level of hell...and stopped the formation of the tenth....what?I was using the template i had for Vrael's teacher, perhaps I'll use her in this rp...)

When both Vraels hit each other...they dissapated...."You have no idea what a Shadowdancer is do ya?" Another Vrael walked out of the shadow, calm as if nothing had happened. He charged forward, swordbreaker high. He drove the point, and Angel's weapon, deep into the ground. Still going, he drove the pommel straight into Angel's face. Something cracked, probably her nose. Utilising his momentum,He flipped side ways, punching her in the gut, and in the same motion, he flicked his swordbreaker up in a way that it snapped whatever weapon she had be been using.Shards went everywhere backwards. "That was an honest attempt" Vrael smirked "Happy?"

Last edited:

angelvixenkit

The injured and weaponless Angel disapeared.
"Appearantly, you've never heard of a fox spirit." Angel countered as she sauntered out of the shadows. "The masters of stealth and illusion. One of the most intelligent magicka. My race invented the attacks you use. I know every plan and attack you think up before you do. There are no lunar or nature elements to fuel you. You're at a disadvantage." Angel taunted. "But if you really think you have a chance, then I'll show you what shadow dancing is all about." Angel turned herself into a shadow and dived into the ground.
(For you nitpickers out there that seem to complain when peple use a power they didn't list, allow me to explian. The art of, as Eikre calls it, 'shadow dancing' follows under natural abilities, i.e. if your character was a pheonix, you wouldn't list flight or rebirth under abilities. Also depending on how you look at it, it also falls under shapeshifting, magick, and technicly, mimic.)

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
(Shadowdancer is Class in DnD, give me a break, its all innate power!And besides there is Nature...its just different. talk about a Critical miss on a Wisdom roll! Also on innate abilites, go look up some Drow stuff...im not kidding, levitation is one, and so is moderate spell resistance)

"Nice" Vrael looked at the ground. He Stopped his Bard song."Elves are just as high on the list...especially Drow" He turned darker in tone and started to levitate high off the ground, about 100 feet. Casting a minor Sequencer, he threw together a Time Stop,Issac's Greater Missle Storm, and an Ice Storm. The Song "The Midnight Carnival" (This Time from the GGXX Sound Alive OST) started to play, as with before, the purpleish-yellowish-green color appeared about him, ebbing and rising with the beat of the song. "I now offer your challenge to you. Come and get me" He said politely sitting crosslegged in the air

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
OOC: Actually, I have been playing D&D for 12 years now, along with other d20 games. Abilities are still listed, under spell-like abilities, especially if they are just natural... wait, what brought this up anyways? F.Y.I., the character I am using on this role play, Valyon Lighstar, is my original D&D Character...yes, I have been using him for 12 years.

IC:

Valyon shrugged a bit as he watched the fight from without the dome. He laughed a moment as he watched the little tricks they were both pulling out, before he slowly looked over to his two friends, before looking back at the dome. He nonchalantly raised a hand towards it as he started to mutter something, and it sounded as if his voice was coming from all over the place.

"Grathin Qurfus N'esti..."

Slowly, a portal opened next to Vrael, and slowly, a huge creature pulled itself from within the portal.

It was Titan. It was not just any titan, it was a Planeswalker class titan. It had the ancestral characteristics of a Celestial, Planetar to be exact.

"Meet my friend. We shall call him Hrogoth. You two now have to fight him while you fight each other. "

He had basically used a Summon Monster spell, which was easy enough for him, one of the first things he learned.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: Jax keep the spam to yourself, or atleast don't spam with one liners.

IC: Ukaih smiled at Valyon's titan. Now the tournament was beginning to pick up. It wouldn't do for him to let Valyon out do him. Next match would going to need something extra. Running a hand through his sleek black hair Ukiah considered his options and which combatants would be challenged the most. "I do hope Vrael isn't in over his head. The boy is likely to become over confident and fight both of the at once," Ukiah said with a laugh. "The show they put on is all flash with little technical skill. Perhaps Hrogoth will be too much for these two."

angelvixenkit

(Yes, I believe it is. If a challenger appears in the middle of a battle A.I.P (already in progress) then the turns are reset and whomever replies first is to make the first blow.)
Angel circled the titanic beast as a shadow. Living in a world inhabited by magicka had taught her to scan for weaknesses, both physical and elemental, before attacking was vital when battling beasts of great size.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: There is no new challenger, LOC simply introduced an npc to the enviroment. The intent was for you to treat it not as a third opponent, but as one of the peril's of the battle ground itself. Post count remains the same. Since this is a one-on-one match each fighter gets total of 12 posts. Eikre you have 9 more, Angel you have 8.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Valyon smiled as he sat back and watched it with renewed interest. He looked down to Malum and poked his shoulder with his foot. "This should be even more interesting, don't you think boy?" He laughed a moment as he raised a hand. "I kid...but I bet my friend will be trying to outdo me. " He looked over to Ukiah.

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
Tifa sat quietly in her seat, watching as the fight went on and time passed by. Everyonce in a while, her left hand would go over her right arm, rubbing it a bit before letting it rest to her side once again. Although she was enjoying the fight very much, her face didn't express it. Resting her left elbow on her lap and her chin onto the palm of her hand, in her usual sitting pose.

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
"I think Tifa's bored, so am I. If only we got a chance to fight again. I want to fight against that Illyria, once more, and defeat her. It's my own reasons, though, that I want to defeat her," said Mageon to Zack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back