• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Parents get shot; Neighbors call SWAT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
I have two video game related articles, very hilarious.

#1: Neighbor calls the SWAT team on two guys playing PS3 - PlayStation 3 News - QJ.NET
Thinking it was the sound of actual gunfire, a concerned neighbor in an apartment in Copenhagen calls the police to sort it all out. Now this isn't your regular patrol man lazily knocking on the door clutching a doughnut on one hand - they sent the SWAT team who called the guys out on the street with a megaphone.

As it turns out, it's just two guys enjoying their PlayStation 3 on a flat screen and speakers on full volume.

Now they didn't mention what exactly it was that they were playing, but we know for sure that these guys, a 21-year old and a friend, were even arrested with the suspicion of shooting - all because their home entertainment has phenomenal sound quality. Their apartment was searched, but no firearms were found, so they were released later. How's that for sound quality?

#2: Halo 3 gamer who shot his parents now convicted of aggravated murder, may get life sentence in prison - PS3 News, Wii News, Xbox 360 News, PSP News and more!

Remember last month when it was reported that a 16-year-old kid shot his parents because they took away his Halo 3? Here's a follow-up to that.

For one, the kid is now already 17, just so you know. In 2007, Daniel Petric shot his parents in cold blood for keeping his copy of Halo 3 away from him. This resulted in his mother's death, while the father eventually recovered. Petric finally had his hearing last month, and just today, the judge has convicted him of his crimes.

No sentence was passed on Petric just yet (that will come at a later date), however, he is facing the maximum possible penalty of life sentence in prison without parole.

Though his defense attorneys attributed his crimes to his video game addiction (which, in their argument, made him less responsible), the Judge overruled this, and pointed to evidence saying that he actually plotted the act.

According to the report from the Associated Press, one of the prosecutors:

described Petric as a cold, calculating killer who plotted to murder his parents, Mark and Susan Petric, and make it appear to be a murder-suicide by putting the gun in his father's hand.​

Meanwhile, it was also revealed that when Petric left the crime scene, there was only one thing which he took with him: his copy of the Halo 3 game.

Based on the Judge's ruling, Petric is now guilty of aggravated murder in the death of his mom, and the attempted aggravated murder in the assault on his dad. On top of that, Petric was also convicted of tampering with evidence.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
That Swat Team one is hilarious

What person shoots his parents over a damn Halo game I don't even like Halo that much.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The second article supports my prediction that in the future, addiction and obsession over video games will become so much more frequent that there will be, just as there is a legal drinking limit, a legal gaming limit. Watch and see.

lol to the neighbors paranoia and the SWAT team.

but that whole shooting parents thing? that's depressing, but it also shows how idiotic that kid really is. sick. just for a freakin video game? I didn't think anyone was that desperate to play any kind of game.

Erebus Kronos

Godess of the Titan's
I bet the speakers were fucking Bose. xD You can play them as loud as you want and they don't blow out. Almost makes me want to trying it to see what happens.

The teen thing was sad. The kid must of had other mental problems besides having a game addiction. It's just too much to do over a game that you can just steal back later.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
The second article supports my prediction that in the future, addiction and obsession over video games will become so much more frequent that there will be, just as there is a legal drinking limit, a legal gaming limit. Watch and see.

a limit that i will gladly encourage those related to me to bypass.

it's silly. it's like there's a murder and you've got "ZOMG DAT DER HALO 3 IS THE PROBLEM".

K

Kegluneq

I do think the second one is a bit funny.
The first one makes me kind of angry. What I did for Thanksgiving was crank up my stereo full blast and play some Metal Gear Solid 4. Sounded like a warzone.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I wish I had that sound quality.

And couldn't it be attributed to bad parenting, or parents not stopping their son from playing way too much Halo 3?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Stuff like this always is.

Bless the Discussion forum for all this wacky shit.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Am I the only one who had a long, hard laugh at the second article?

I generally think you're a decent guy Xen, but if you're able to laugh at this you must be quite a fucking moron.
Or I just don't have the right sense of humor.

Nevertheless, this is actually rather old. :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back