• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

parenting?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
If there is a theard like this, my bad. But what do you think makes good parents? Should they be stricted or easy going? Should they have a lot of rules or let you do whatever you want? If you were a parent, what kind of parent would you be? How would you teach your kid(s) the difference between "right or wrong?" Just a random question. :]

*And another thing, how do you feel about teen pregnecy? Do you believe in abortion? Would you do it or give your kid up for adoption or keep it?*Once again just wondering, go easy on each other. :eek:

Rix

:)
Awards
I think that parents should find a balane between strict and easy going. I believe that if parents are to strict, ther childen will do things they are not allowed too behind their backs and lie more too them..
If they are too easy going, a lot of bad things can happen in that situation too.

And about teen pregnancy, I think that it is really imprtant to be really careful when you are a teen and wants to sleep with someone, because a teen pregnancy wont be easy.. I think abortion is ok.. But it is ok to adopt away your kid too, it depends on the situation. But if a een choose to take care of the baby her/himself she/he should make sure that he/she is able to manage that, if not, I feel really sorry for the baby.

MosesMohs

Ahh. Parenting. If I ever decide I want to have kids, I'd want to be like my mom. She's only strict when she has to be. My mom has few rules : - No sex of any kind, - No drugs, - No smoking, - No cussing, -No wild parties... These rules are probably why I'm sitting here writing this ._.; I wish I knew how my mom taught me right from wrong. Sometimes, I think, it was because I loved her so much, and I just didn't want to disappoint her. Other times, I think, it was because I wasn't stupid enough to do the stupid stuff. So, I don't really know.

--

In my opinion, I think you should have sex when you're ready. I'm not going to throw them out if they had sex. But teen pregnancy is a different thing. They would either have to get an abortion or adoption. I'm pro-choice, so abortion in my eyes isn't a bad thing. The baby hasn't even developed even organs to live. What's it matter anyway?

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Authoritative parents are both demanding and responsive. "They monitor and impart clear standards for their children’s conduct. They are assertive, but not intrusive and restrictive. Their disciplinary methods are supportive, rather than punitive. They want their children to be assertive as well as socially responsible, and self-regulated as well as cooperative" (Baumrind, 1991, p. 62).

We learned in Psych. class that, out of the four types of parenting, authoritative parenting was the most effective.

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
Well parents in my opinion should be open minded and acceptable to who you are whether you change religion or sexuality. They should been quite strict and teach the kids whats wrong and whats right. And stay to their punishments not do what many parents do and say "if you do it again..."

Teenage pregnancy i believe should come down to the parent and teachers and so on, if they all believe the child is to young to have understodd what she had done and the consequences the baby should be aborted, the father should also have a say. If most of the people think shes old enough then she should keep it, and if she understands it but cannot look after the baby even with help of her or his parents then it should go into adoption, where the mother and father have visitation rights. I believe abortion is needed in some cases, like rape or if you are both drunk and cannot control yourself then maybe.

Awards
I'm pro-choice, so abortion in my eyes isn't a bad thing. The baby hasn't even developed even organs to live. What's it matter anyway?

I was 4 month premature, I was born like 4 weeks before the end date of abortion if you get me. So if my Mum wanted to abort me she still had 4 weeks left to decide y'know?
(Man I sounded like Rai there yeah?) So yeah, I had every organ needed to live in my body, being 4 month premature and a mind! woop! Sure i was in Hospital for a bit, but no wonder XD

Teen Pregnancy, well I think you should either keep the baby or give to family members untill you think you may be able to keep the baby for yourself. Well, being a teen and all, it's self explanatry.

I think Abortion is wrong, and the idea that pregnant workers can have their baby aborted during their lunch break is disgusting in my opinion.

And it beats me how the surgeons and nurses who abort fetus get to sleep at night, how they put a live capable baby in a vice and crush them, it makes me sick. Anyway I'll stop talking about it, It's just that most babies who are aborted are aborted at the age I was when I was born, so those babies most of the time could have lived. Urghhh nevermind.

My Mum's like inbetween, Easy going and strict when she wants ta be. Go with your instincts hehe Iuno. I'd parent like my Mum parented me I guess. I guess I wont really know untill I am a parent. : )

Khluvarr! Do you wanna be a parent? Give me your thoughts -_-

Muahahahah! Kidding ;)

EDIT:
I believe abortion is needed in some cases
It's never needed, It's practically legal murder, there's always adoption. F*ck what your parents say, I would ( If I was a female XD) give birth to the baby and either give up my life and take care of it without a job or w.e, give the baby to your parents [ If you're sure the wont hate you forever xD] I mean surely your parents wouldn't want you to abort your own baby. If they had a right mind, They should take care of it. ARGHHH I should shut up now RANT DONE! xD

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Parents should beat their children.

give birth to the baby and either give up my life and take care of it without a job or w.e

Sure, have the child and live in poverty, and then your baby gets to live in the wonderful world of living on the streets before it starves to death in an alley, what a wonderful thing you brought into the world.

Or hey, burden the child on your parents, that sounds wonderful, "here, take care of my child because I'm incompetent"

Or, you could know that you're not in the condition to be able to take care of a child, and if you did all you would end up doing is providing a life of misery.

Last edited:
Awards
Or hey, burden the child on your parents, that sounds wonderful, "here, take care of my child because I'm incompetent"

Indeed, well it is better than bringing up the child in a life of poverty and misery isn't it?
Or hey, burden the child on your parents, that sounds wonderful,

I don't think anything sounds wonderful about giving up your child, abortion, or adoption. What would you expect it to sound like.

give birth to the baby and either give up my life and take care of it without a job or w.e
Last resort of course, who would want that for their child? You make it sound as though I would. When it comes to that, -If that did happen what else are you going to do? Taking all things into account of course, if either you dont want anything else to happen.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I don't think anything sounds wonderful about giving up your child, abortion, or adoption.
On the other hand, I don't think anything sounds wonderful about making your problem everyone else's problem.

Awards
Sure, have the child and live in poverty, and then your baby gets to live in the wonderful world of living on the streets before it starves to death in an alley, what a wonderful thing you brought into the world.

Or, you could know that you're not in the condition to be able to take care of a child, and if you did all you would end up doing is providing a life of misery.

Quote for truth.

The premise is that if the parents are the type of people who would have sex and then try to throw the baby away like a piece of meat, they probably lack the responsibility to be raising a child in the first place. Ergo, the child is better off never being born at all if it's going to grow up neglected and completely undisciplined.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Parents should beat their children.

lol if my child ever becomes too spoiled or a whining little brat, I probably will!!!

Khluvarr! Do you wanna be a parent? Give me your thoughts -_-

Well I agree with most of you. Be stricted when necessary but never be too easy going then the child would walk all over you. That's how my parents and it's not that bad of a method

When it comes to teen pregnency and what to do with it I would suggest (sorry Craig :/) getting an abortion or giving up for adoption. Adoption could acutally more dangerous then actually keeping the child IMO, but it's not a bad choice. Why abortion? Well I think most teens aren't physically or emotionally ready to become a parent. And like someone said, it makes matters worst at home for keeping it because it would then become everyone elses problem and that's never a good thing. And no I do not won't to become a parent it's just some random questions... lol :]

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
I think it's getting the balance between showing authority, and still allowing children to find things out for themselves.

And I hate to continue to vague, but it's the individual's choice when it comes to teen pregnancy and that kitten caboodle. Obviously it will affect those around them, but the ultimate choices and decisions come down to them.

<3

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, I would be strict with my children. Specially on schooling. I'm gonna force them and make them top of their class. And I'm gonna push music into their lives [just like I was] their gonna be in band all their life, and in sports too. However, as they get older, I'll let them make some of their desicions of their own. I wouldn't beat my children though, unless if they were whiny little brats.
---

teen pregnancy is totally wrong. that's all I have to say.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
I agree w/ rixam on the parenting.

If I were a parent, my kids would be f**ked. I can't lead, I can't take care of others (or myself 4 that matter), I REALLY can't set a good example, and I am crazy. I don't think the difference btw right and wrong can be taught, I think it needs to be learned.

I've had teen friends who r pregnant, and I don't mind it. but abortion I don't exactly approve of. I'd nvr get myself pregnant as a teen in the first place, but if sumhow it happened, I'd have it and give it up 4 adoption.

mesmerized

If there is a theard like this, my bad. But what do you think makes good parents? Should they be stricted or easy going? Should they have a lot of rules or let you do whatever you want? If you were a parent, what kind of parent would you be? How would you teach your kid(s) the difference between "right or wrong?" Just a random question. :]
I think that parents should be understanding and fair with their children. If the child does something completely uncalled for I believe that they should be punished. No child should ever be allowed to do anything they want, thats how you get rude obnoxious people in the world.

*And another thing, how do you feel about teen pregnecy? Do you believe in abortion? Would you do it or give your kid up for adoption or keep it?*Once again just wondering, go easy on each other. :eek:

I personally don't believe in abortion, I would never be able to have one. I feel if it pregancy happens, God did it for a reason. Also, I don't think I would ever have the heart to give my child up for adoption. I would be guilty for life. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back