• As we all know, this is a forum for Kingdom Hearts. Even so, if anybody posts spoilers for Endgame anywhere on this site without spoiler tags, you will be banned. If you change your avatar to something related to Endgame, you will be banned. If you put something in your signature, send a message to somebody that is visibly seen, or share spoilers with somebody who does not wish to see them, you will be banned.

Parental Complications :I



New member
Aug 15, 2009
Disney World
Recently, my parents split up. My dad is an alcoholic and my mom couldn't take it anymore. I'm happy that she finally stood up for herself, but now all my dad wants from her is money. Money for all the times he has fixed things or bought things for the house. He's even charging her money for opening the garage door. Like wtf??? Because of this, my mom's not even sure if she can afford the house. I just wish there was something I can do. I wish I could take legal action about this, but idk where to start. There has to be something!

I know I can't get anyone to give my mom money, but I am soooo tired of him asking her for money. She can't say no because she feels guilty.

Please help! :( I just don't wanna be kicked out of the house


New member
May 22, 2012
Hi, I'm sorry about what you're going through :(
Unfortunately, I'm also in a financial bind and can't give you a hand in that way >.<;
However, my word of advice is to try Tumblr for money--they tend to be generous over there and if not, they spread the message.
Otherwise, I think it's really down to your parents to work it out :/ My parents are also divorced and I know what it's like to have a shit dad
Is there any way to get a lawyer and pay back over time?


Never See Me Coming!
Sep 25, 2010
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
I'm not the best at giving advice, so bare with me.

I know divorces are awful. From the sounds of it, your mother did stand up for herself to divorce your father. So, unless he has a lawyer to make her pay money then she needs to take legal action against it. Or if he doesn't have a lawyer, don't pay him a single cent. In all honesty, parents usually work things out themselves but, just show your mother your willing to support her through any decision she makes; it should help a lot and try to talk more with her about what your options are. I'd suggest trying to find a part time job somewhere and if both you and your mother really can't live there in the house anymore due to money issues then at least you have each other. If you're that concerned about being kicked out, you should mention it to your mother. Instead of handing over money for the things your father bought just have him take back whatever he bought then. It might be easier. I wish you the best of luck with this.