• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

paranormal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

do ghosts exist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
basically a discussion of ghouls, goblins, bumping in the night and everything that can be considered spoopy. i'll start with a question, do you believe in ghosts?

noxy

Make this a ghost stories thread chuchu! ^_^

I was gonna do that, but I was already typing my response and was too lazy to copypasta into a whole new thread lol

Pandymint

Awards
As I've said before, I've experienced enough to know somethings's there. Just never sure what exactly there. Would love to see some others' opinions, though.

noxy

My take on it is this: I struggle with it, even though I do have my own proof. But it brings up my next question: if spirits exist and the dead can communicate, then obviously that means there are going to be malevolent spirits as well, right? So then should this definitively prove for me that God exists and I should start praying and whatnot? Christianity, God, and religion have never clicked for me. I've tried and tried going to church, praying, etc, but it just never clicked. I've never felt any God come and tell me I'm saved or whatever.

Sorry for the off-topic. But yeah, I think there -is- something out there. I'm very very curious about your being in the phobias thread though, pandy.

This post really creeped me out even though I kind of think OP is bsing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3nmxf2/guys_i_need_help_i_think_im_being_erased/

Last edited:

Pandymint

Awards
My take on it is this: I struggle with it, even though I do have my own proof. But it brings up my next question: if spirits exist and the dead can communicate, then obviously that means there are going to be malevolent spirits as well, right? So then should this definitively prove for me that God exists and I should start praying and whatnot? Christianity, God, and religion have never clicked for me. I've tried and tried going to church, praying, etc, but it just never clicked. I've never felt any God come and tell me I'm saved or whatever.

Sorry for the off-topic. But yeah, I think there -is- something out there. I'm very very curious about your being in the phobias thread though, pandy.

Well in my personal belief, you don't have to believe that there is a god to believe there are spirits. Adding on to that religion=/=faith. Even if you want to believe, don't feel it necessary to label it this or that. I classify myself as nonthiest, which is a fancy way of saying "I don't give a fuck about god" because I really don't. If he exists, cool. If not, oh well. I'm not going to spend my life worrying about it, because I know that if religion has taught me anything, whatever god there may be will accept me for who I am.

As for the spirit I've mentioned. It's a little girl, long dark hair, white night dress. Her name is Stacey, a murder victim. SHe was in my friend's house. I first saw her there. I looked down the hall, and happened to see her running across to his little sister's room. She was never that active there, though. AT some point, she followed me, maybe because I'm a little more sensitive to these things. First it was just a sighting at the end of the hall. Then there was the night I woke up to get a drink, and my door was locked. I never lock my door, and it locks from the inside. Now, due to the style of the doorknob and lock (a 1920's mechanism with is off to the side of a flat rectangle shape, nowhere near where my hand grabs the knob), there's no way I could unknowingly push it up into the locked position. At the time, I was really pissed with my mom. So it was kinda like she was protecting me. After that, I never really had anything happen for a while. ONce, the kitchen light was turned out when everyone else was asleep. I asked "....Stacey, is that you?" And I hear a little girl laughing.

But, the most interesting activity happened several months ago. For about a week, I remembered every dream I had (and I never remember dreams) and they all had a common element: A girl with dark hair named Stacey. They varied from being in school to being an adult and in normal situations. I'd just meet a girl and she'd say her name was Stacey. The only two explanations I have come up with are either living vicariously through my dreams since she never got to grow up, or was trying to get me to communicate with her. I tried to do the latter using techniques a friend recommended, but it wasn't very effective. She's been quiet since then, but I have had encounters with beings made of pure white in my house as well. Only twice, but enough to creep me the hell out one night when it decided to pop up right next to me.

Also,, as far as that Reddit thread I read? It was a comment on either Search and Rescue Park Ranger part 4 or 5.

noxy

Dude I was talking about the reddit being. I'm interested in THAT thing. I found the thread though, thanks!!

Your story about the little girl is really cool too, but something so old, so sinister, so smart and cunning that there aren't even stories about it other than this guy? There's no name? No face? It gives me chills, but I wanna know more.

Last edited:

Pandymint

Awards
Your story about the little girl is really cool too, but something so old, so sinister, so smart and cunning that there aren't even stories about it other than this guy? There's no name? No face? It gives me chills, but I wanna know more.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where to stand on it. It's plausible. I think that there is something out there. Reminds me of how a lot of the tribes of Native Americans had beliefs that there were some beings in the forest. Appalachia has a lot of interesting folklore regarding that. The Natives knew things we didn't when we came to the New World, I can't necessarily chalk it up to myth. We've hardly explored every living creature in the forests. And, if something was discovered, I doubt governments would actually let it get out, or networks that air those Bigfoot and Ghost Hunting shows. I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but I'm just saying they don't let you know everything. All these repeating stories and sightings. Even myths have some air of truth to them, something started it.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I've had enough of my own experiences that confirm for me that ghosts exist. From a disembodied voice wake up both me and someone from the other side of the house in the middle of the night (and have it stop when said person turned the hallway light on), to having a disembodied voice follow me around the house, to having multiple different things moved, the greatest of which was our laundry basket, which had been flipped upside down and moved out of place by a good five or six feet.

The activity has largely died down at this point, though there is still the occasional object moved or messed with.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
basically a discussion of ghouls, goblins, bumping in the night and everything that can be considered spoopy. i'll start with a question, do you believe in ghosts?

You beat me to the paranormal related game, I was planning on doing a thread about Halloween. Anyways, I did see a ghost, well I believe it was a ghost. Anyways, I was a preteen at the time when I saw him. He was a football player running next to the jeep I was in and we (my older half-sister, her friend, and me) were on our way to a reservation that a friend of my half-sister's lived on, apparently he lost a friend that was a football player. Maybe, that was a coincidence, but I don't think I knew that the guy was a football player and that he had died until after we got to the reservation, all I knew was that a friend of the friend of my half-sister's had recently met his demise.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
when i was a kid i heard a young, disembodied voice i never heard before calling my name while i was taking a piss. i was so convinced it was a ghost but since then i just chalk it up to imagination and lack of sleep.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I haven't really seen anything for myself that proves or refutes the existence of ghosts. Or seriously spooky paranormal stuff at all, for that matter. It's a boring, ordinary world over here. If they exist, okay. If they don't, whatever.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I don't know if there is anyone from South Carolina on here, but I heard about this urban legend:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I basically found it on somebody's post, the blogger's name was Violettempest or something like that.

But, can you imagine seeing a ghost? I've heard Charleston is notorious for them and maybe Catherine Chicken is still haunting the place where she was tied up, but I wouldn't feel right going to the grave of where she was tied up to her teacher just to see her ghost.

I do believe she is haunting this place and it's also possible she might be haunting a local plantation turned into a bed and breakfast, I can't seem to find the name of it. I think it was Magnolia something.

Wander

This post really creeped me out even though I kind of think OP is bsing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3nmxf2/guys_i_need_help_i_think_im_being_erased/

/r/nosleep is a subreddit for sharing fictional scary stories, but you have to pretend that everything posted there is true. It's essentially a storytelling/roleplaying sub that has some reeeaally good spoopy stories (including some of my very own!).

I have a cousin who can supposedly see the dead. When we were kids and went to our grandfather's wedding I was with him while he was "talking" to our grandfather under a tree. When I played at his house he would sometimes freak me out by refusing to go into one of the rooms and telling me "someone there doesn't want to be bothered". I vividly remember one time when we were playing video games and the door to the room caught wind and opened by itself. My cousin promptly screamed towards the empty air near the door saying "GET OUT, GET OUT NOW", which was enough to freak me the hell out. Another time something similar happened, we went into a room and he said to open air in a tiny voice "Get out please...", which was odd because I SAW him scream at something similar. I asked him about it once, he said that he spoke softly to nice "ghosts", and that some "ghosts" don't want to listen to him, so he yells at them. He also told me most of them look like normal people, but that he knows one who looks terrifying.

My cousin is a very religious person to this day. His experiences have greatly affected him growing up.

Where I come from there's also a traditional "game" called Jalangkung. I'm not going to explain it right now because it honestly creeps me out but you can Google it to see how it works. It's a lot like the Charlie Charlie Challenge except at least three times as spoopy and mixed with some Ouija shit. Why I'm sharing this is because this happened to my aunt (same side as my cousin, I have no idea what runs in this side of the family lol). So she played the game, and when the "spirit" asked her and her friends to take it home, she refused. The "spirit" asked them again to take it home and my aunt responded in the smoothest way possible by kicking the shrine over, ending the game prematurely. That night as she slept her bed began violently rocking itself. She flipped, screamed for her parents, and had someone from a mosque nearby come and "purify" the room that night.

Also a looot of cases of "possession" in my home country. Seen it happen like twice at school.

I've never experienced anything spoopy for myself so all of this is someone else's encounters. Ultimately I don't know what's out there, but there was this interesting article I read that said you have to actually attempt to make connection with spoopy things to sort of evoke them. So just, don't speak with the dead.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
/r/nosleep is a subreddit for sharing fictional scary stories, but you have to pretend that everything posted there is true. It's essentially a storytelling/roleplaying sub that has some reeeaally good spoopy stories (including some of my very own!).

I have a cousin who can supposedly see the dead. When we were kids and went to our grandfather's wedding I was with him while he was "talking" to our grandfather under a tree. When I played at his house he would sometimes freak me out by refusing to go into one of the rooms and telling me "someone there doesn't want to be bothered". I vividly remember one time when we were playing video games and the door to the room caught wind and opened by itself. My cousin promptly screamed towards the empty air near the door saying "GET OUT, GET OUT NOW", which was enough to freak me the hell out. Another time something similar happened, we went into a room and he said to open air in a tiny voice "Get out please...", which was odd because I SAW him scream at something similar. I asked him about it once, he said that he spoke softly to nice "ghosts", and that some "ghosts" don't want to listen to him, so he yells at them. He also told me most of them look like normal people, but that he knows one who looks terrifying.

My cousin is a very religious person to this day. His experiences have greatly affected him growing up.

Where I come from there's also a traditional "game" called Jalangkung. I'm not going to explain it right now because it honestly creeps me out but you can Google it to see how it works. It's a lot like the Charlie Charlie Challenge except at least three times as spoopy and mixed with some Ouija shit. Why I'm sharing this is because this happened to my aunt (same side as my cousin, I have no idea what runs in this side of the family lol). So she played the game, and when the "spirit" asked her and her friends to take it home, she refused. The "spirit" asked them again to take it home and my aunt responded in the smoothest way possible by kicking the shrine over, ending the game prematurely. That night as she slept her bed began violently rocking itself. She flipped, screamed for her parents, and had someone from a mosque nearby come and "purify" the room that night.

Also a looot of cases of "possession" in my home country. Seen it happen like twice at school.

I've never experienced anything spoopy for myself so all of this is someone else's encounters. Ultimately I don't know what's out there, but there was this interesting article I read that said you have to actually attempt to make connection with spoopy things to sort of evoke them. So just, don't speak with the dead.

Man, that's strange that your cousin might be psychic. I have heard stories from my mom that she told me that she predicted her own grandpa's death from diabetes. It was pretty creepy to hear that she saw him balloon up at five years old and didn't see him like that until she was in her twenties, no joke.

I tend to get paranoid with what she has told me, especially when she says that bad things might happen to me, because she feels bad that might be the case if she leaves the state that I live in. Maybe, it's mother's intuition, but either way, it still scary to hear that your own parent would predict ominous happening to you just like she did with her grandpa. I remember thinking that the shadow behind my bedroom door was that same relative that passed. I don't think that's the case, but that's what I believed when I was younger.

I also have messed with a Ouija Board and also did a seance. The results were me likely pulling the pointer, but we did get some weird stuff like this guy that told one of the people that I was with that she had died in a car wreck and another guy that had committed suicide after being told by his girlfriend that she wanted him out of her apartment and he had nowhere else to go, because his family abandoned him.

But, speaking of my mom, she said she once did a seance and called up the devil. She said the guy that she was with turned completely white and this guy she described as having a skin town of brown similar to mahogany. She also said that her and another girl's eyes that she was with turned red and yellow (her's yellow and the other girl's red) and that there was also a red shadow walking across the walls or something like that.

The guy refused to talk to my mom after that, she really didn't like talking about it.

Maybe, my mom was just embellishing her story or this might have been what it seemed to her.

laddyboy12

Re: 일산오피 ≪드라마≫ Opyo01。CoM 일산휴게텔〖【오피요】 장항오피 장항건마 &

일산건마 ≪드라마≫ Opyo01。CoM 일산휴게텔【오피요】 장항오피 장항건마 장항동오피 일산오피 ≪드라마≫ Opyo01。CoM 일산휴게텔【오피요】 장항오피 장항건마 장항동오피

I agree whole-heartedly with Lesleynor on this one.

Pandymint

Awards
I don't know if there is anyone from South Carolina on here, but I heard about this urban legend:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I basically found it on somebody's post, the blogger's name was Violettempest or something like that.

But, can you imagine seeing a ghost? I've heard Charleston is notorious for them and maybe Catherine Chicken is still haunting the place where she was tied up, but I wouldn't feel right going to the grave of where she was tied up to her teacher just to see her ghost.

I do believe she is haunting this place and it's also possible she might be haunting a local plantation turned into a bed and breakfast, I can't seem to find the name of it. I think it was Magnolia something.

Man I can't believe I didn't see this! I live in South Carolina, about an hour from Charleston. I don't know much about that particular haunt, but Charleston is a veritable petri dish of paranormal activity. There's haunted plantations, cemeteries, churches, hell the ghost of Edward "Blackbeard" Thatch is said to haunt Charleston. I don't ever spend enough time in Charleston to do exploring (expensive down there, crowded, and smells like a paper mill most of the time) but I've heard plenty of stories. There are things all over South Carolina including a well documented Crybaby Bridge in Anderson, and I heard a story about that one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back