• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Paranormal Discussion: Believer, Skeptic, What Are You?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoRose

The paranormal has always fascinated me since quite a young age. Although I'm not a for sure, one hundred percent believer in it the stories people have draw me in and really get me wondering if there really is an 'in between world' where lost souls are trapped for whatever reason.

What are your thoughts?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I think there are some things that we can't explain.

I had some weird experiences when I was a little kid. I remember seeing things like a leg stretching up and down, I was on the top bunk. My mom took me to a psychologist, who put me on some medications and my mom thought I was lying. It was kind of creepy looking back on it, I was probably hallucinating.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I used to think I saw strange things as a kid and young teen.

Then I did extensive research on what is going on in the brain during your formative years and as well as effects of interrupting REM sleep. It's just your brain hallucinating due to heightened brain activity during a dream cycle. Sometimes it is just effects from excess of a chemical in the brain as you are developing...

Essentially, the brain is utterly remarkable in how it can fool you into seeing things. I guess that puts me in the skeptic category.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I used to think I saw strange things as a kid and young teen.

Then I did extensive research on what is going on in the brain during your formative years and as well as effects of interrupting REM sleep. It's just your brain hallucinating due to heightened brain activity during a dream cycle. Sometimes it is just effects from excess of a chemical in the brain as you are developing...

Essentially, the brain is utterly remarkable in how it can fool you into seeing things. I guess that puts me in the skeptic category.

I guess that would explain sleep paralysis.

I had one experience where I was actually seeing a transparent cat at my opened closet door. I was able to move freely and because I am an animal lover; I decided to pet the cat. My hand just pretty much stroke air.

I can't explain stories like Elisa Lam. How could her body end up in an area inaccessible (the hotel's drinking water which was on the ceiling. Not sure if I got the description right)? I have heard that a game she was playing, The Elevator Game had something to do with her temporary disappearance. I have also heard that the hotel that she was, which has a notorious history of suicides, murders and in Elisa Lam's case, mysterious deaths. However, it is probably irrational to blame a game and what happened in the Cecil Hotel's past on what happened to Elisa Lam's.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Not sure if this is the right place but...what if I told you guys I witness Unidentified Flying Objects 8 years ago. Happened once I was parked outside of my little sister's middle school waiting for her to be released with my mom. We had a nice view of the sky until my mother noticed something in front of us. Plain day light and it had this beam of light that kept flashing towards us. I had to grab the nearest binoculars and the moment I tried to get a closer look. It disappeared. What an unusual moment.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i used to believe as a kid but as i got older i realized there is nothing scarier in life than what we see every day. my mind used to play tricks on me, one time when i was little i heard girl call my name at 4am when i went to use the bathroom.

then another time (the day i joined khi in fact), i saw a a teenager being held hostage in a car, her hands were tied over a bucket. it was really obscure and didn't make sense and i'm psure a police report was filed. the more i think about it, not really sure if it was real or not.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I used to believe in a lot of "weird" stuff until I, to be honest, realized there is enough creepy stuff in reality already. No need to freak myself out even more with things that seem supernatural.

EchoRose

An uncle of mine actually witnessed something that could classify as a 'UFO'. He said he was driving along one night when he saw this bright red thing in the sky. I asked him if it was just the light of an aircraft or something but he still denies that it was anything but. Said it kind of zig-zagged a bit, went up and down then left or right something of the sort disappearing any who after.

His story still has not changed. Quite a long time since he claims to have seen it.

My grandmother also had what she says to be a terrifying experience. I'm not sure if I believe this entirely, but whenever she mentions it if I tell her I'm not so sure on ghosts she has this...scared look in her eyes just bringing it up. Never know the right thing to say to comfort her about it. Her story is always the same to.

There could be things out there but it really is hard to say if you haven't experienced it yourself.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I used to be a firm believer and obsessed with the paranormal. I suppose in some ways I'm still obsessed a little bit, but I'm definitely more of a skeptic now. I've seen a lot of things that I consider paranormal in nature (Things I at the time considered ghosts, multiple sleep paralyses incidents, though, only one of which I ever saw anything... and it terrified me) , but, as some other posters have pointed out, it was likely all in my head. Lots of friends and family have their stories, but, it could have just as well been in their head. Or some other logical explanation (Or they're just plain bullshitting) . I think I'll remain a skeptic until the day I see something, wide awake, where there's basically no room for doubt. I still find the subject very interesting though, especially in fiction.

I do believe that there is more in this world that we don't understand or can't comprehend, however. And it's only classified as paranormal because science currently can't explain it.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
For the most part, I am a believer of the paranormal, unexplainable phenomenon that happen throughout our lives. But I also always question everything which can make me a skeptic but not to the extent where I think illogical and irrational occurrences cannot ever transpire. There are things that can be explained but their are certain things we are not built to understand yet, but eventually someone or something will figure it out, whether it be in our lifetime or beyond us.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm more of a skeptic. Even though I've only had one paranormal activity, I'm still a skeptical. Though being skeptical is a recent thing, seeing as how I was a follower of the paranormal no more than four years ago. And that sole paranormal experience I had was when I was, like, no more than four years old. I was climbing the stairs to my old house's balcony, when suddenly, I saw my dead nana climb the same stairs and pass along the balcony. Seconds later, a blue thunder flashed behind her, and she disappeared.

...actually, I have a second paranormal experience, but I don't count it as paranormal, since it was a dream. No more that two weeks after my grandfather died, I had a dream with him. I was sitting in front of my desktop table (where I had my laptop) and he wanted to come in and I let him. He sits on my bed, he leans on it for a bit, and when he's about to repose, he holds his hands together like they make the dead do in a funeral. In the dream I was going to tell my mom that grandpa wasn't feeling good, but the moment I opened the door, everything turned white. Like a flash of celestial light. I didn't feel like a warm light, but felt like... peace. Maybe I dreamed that my grandfather left at peace...?

Neyan

Not sure if I'm a complete believer but I'm open to the idea of paranormal/mythical things existing. I mean statistically it's quite likely that life developed somewhere else in the entire universe and 95% of the oceans are unexplored but people claim mermaids don't exist, despite variations of them existing in different cultures throughout human history, which applies to dragons as well.

I can't say I had any direct paranormal experiences, but every now and then there will be things disappearing from our house and no one knows anything about it, or like yesterday someone ate the leftovers from the day before but no one claimed to have done it... Though I suppose those can be expklained by people's lapses in memory rather than some ghost haunting us and eating our food.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I'm more of a skeptic. I have lived through paranormal events before like seeing a figure in the night, but I really don't believe in ghosts. Demons however is a different story.....so yeah, I'm a skeptic more or less. :/

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I've had a couple of experiences. One of them had to deal with me seeing a silhouette of a man in my mom's ex-boyfriend's packed sunroom. I tried telling them that I saw someone in there, but they didn't see anyone and said that somebody would have to get all the stuff out of the sunroom, that would have made noise, which they would have heard. This shadow person scared me badly, especially since I was in bed. The bedroom that I had was behind the jam packed sunroom.

Laeril

Awards
Considering my mom had a dream about Abraham Lincoln where he said hello to her at a funeral home before my mother even knew who Abraham Lincoln was, count me in the believer camp. I believe that the spirits of the deceased and yet to be born can contact us if we need the message badly enough.

For example, my maternal grandmother died before I was born. Yet my mother has felt her presence on more than one occasion after her passing. One time, when my little sister was off wondering close to the wooded area behind out property in Florida(we didn't have a fence yet), my mother distinctly heard her mother's voice saying "Dena, where's Kendra?!" My mom dropped what she was doing and went out to find her. Nothing bad had happened to my sister, but considering we were not far away from a rather busy road in a state full of snakes and alligators, it's a miracle nothing did(we got a fence very shortly afterwards).

All those shows about ghost hunters, though, can eat it. As well as all those psychics and mediums claiming to be able to contact the dead on a regular basis. Nothing but cheap drama and charlatans in my book. Contact with the deceased in my frame of reference most often accompanies a deeply religious experience, not a phone call to Miss Cleo(I'd apologize for misrepresenting how that works if I had any respect for such con artists).

Bottom line for me: contact with deceased relatives is possible, just not through a Ouija board.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Yes everyone, STAY AWAY FROM OUIJA BOARDS!

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm a skeptic even though I shared a paranormal experience with someone else. I was visiting family in the country side of Caguas and it happened at night(cliche I know). My grandma lives in an area that used to be a gated community and now it consists of 3 houses, 2 of which are abandoned. I really want to emphasize that she lives way off civilization and the 2 other houses have been abandoned for more than a decade.

Long story short, my cousin and I left the house to get our suitcases from the car when we saw a woman standing in the front porch of one the abandoned houses. I vividly remember that she had a floral nightgown and hid one hand behind her back, and she wasn't looking at us. My cousin asked our grandma who the tenant was to which she responded laughing, "Oh Lucy is out tonight? Bless her." The next morning she clarified that no one else lived in the community besides my grandparents and that "Lucy" randomly appears some nights. After that I never stayed at my grandparents's house.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Am I the only one who hasn't had any paranormal experiences to speak of?

I've never personally seen anything to prove the paranormal, but there's really nothing to disprove it either. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Weird world we live in.

Besides, if I believe in God and the idea that a person can be raised from the dead and reborn as a higher spiritual being, it would seem pretty hypocritical to call spirits and such "unbelievable."

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm a skeptic even though I shared a paranormal experience with someone else. I was visiting family in the country side of Caguas and it happened at night(cliche I know). My grandma lives in an area that used to be a gated community and now it consists of 3 houses, 2 of which are abandoned. I really want to emphasize that she lives way off civilization and the 2 other houses have been abandoned for more than a decade.

Long story short, my cousin and I left the house to get our suitcases from the car when we saw a woman standing in the front porch of one the abandoned houses. I vividly remember that she had a floral nightgown and hid one hand behind her back, and she wasn't looking at us. My cousin asked our grandma who the tenant was to which she responded laughing, "Oh Lucy is out tonight? Bless her." The next morning she clarified that no one else lived in the community besides my grandparents and that "Lucy" randomly appears some nights. After that I never stayed at my grandparents's house.

Damn. I wouldn't want to live near a spirit called "Lucy". Y'know, Lucifer... .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back