• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Paranoia Agent.....ftw?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diluted.Past

anyone seen this show? Its on adult swim sometimes, and its really weird, not random though, just weird. Its about this cerial killer, thats a kid, who goes by the name of "Little Slugger" and he somehow kills everyone who is really messed up at the moment( going through stuff, want to die, or normal people having a bad day)

example of this: one episode I saw was this lady who wa with her friends talking about the stories they heard about little slugger. The lady didnt know any of the stories, and decided to make some up, and is of course tormented by her "freinds" about lying to them. She then goes home to her apartment, where she finds her husband bleeding to death on the floor. When she asks what happened, all he could say was Little Slugger did it. At this, the ladys face begins to glow, and starts shaking her bleeding husband ferociously, demanding to know how he was attacked. Then the husband dies on the floor, while shes still shaking him......o_O"

So, anyone watch this, its actually pretty interesting...

ordyh

i watched it when it 1st came on awhile back...one of the weirdest animes ever!

Xanionot

Yeah, I've seen the show. I'm trying to watch every episode and I've seen about 6 episodes (though there are only 12 of them.) Its good in a bizarre sort of way, and I like how in almost every episode there is some form of satire. Today I saw the episode "No Entry", where Little Slugger almost attacks the police detective's wife and when the show Mellow Maromi first airs. Once agian, satire was everywhere and it was weirdish, but in A way it makes sence.

What got me interested was the theme song. I was flipping through channels and I heard the song start, and I changed it back becauce I liked it, and saw the beginning when the girl (I forget her name, its hard to say.) is on the building, and figured "This is odd enough to be interesting, so I watched it and I liked it. It was the episode "The Holy Warrior".

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
PA didn't get enough attention when it came out leik, a year ago... Now a thread comes?

I

inhiding

There's been like, two threads on this; one really old, and one that was just here recently. >.>;

Anyway, great show. Episode seven's ending = love

Fuse

When will we surrender?
I hate it when that show comes on ..
i think its so stupid..

Xanionot

Aww, its not that stupid.There are far worse animes, and far better ones to, but There are also FAR stupider ones.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
If you like crazed children/killers, I recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I was reading through this thread and it just gave me deja vu. They give off the same horror vibe. =P

This anime isn't a mystery, right? More like a horror/let's-have-this-happen-to-different-people thing? I'm sure people try to solve it, though it's not the entire point of the story... More like Jigoku Shoujo, perhaps?

I

inhiding

xxTsukixx said:
This anime isn't a mystery, right? More like a horror/let's-have-this-happen-to-different-people thing? I'm sure people try to solve it, though it's not the entire point of the story... More like Jigoku Shoujo, perhaps?
Albeit you're completely right, it's more of a psychological-esque thriller, the way I see it.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
RIDETHEPIG said:
PA didn't get enough attention when it came out leik, a year ago... Now a thread comes?

Exactly what I was thinking. I saw it when it first came out and got most of it (understood) on the first run.

Its a good anime and one that isn't mainstream crap. Like an above poster said, the satire is everywhere in the show and you have to pay close attention to truly understand everything.

Xanionot

The show's made me think about the human subconsence.

Most people want an easy way out of their problems, even with problems that could easily take care of themselves. Sometimes they'll do anything, turn to anyone, to rid of the burden, but sometimes they end up paying a high price. I think Little Slugger represents man's attempts to rid himself of trouble, only to have it destroy him. I also think he is representing the things we do to rid of the problems that we know don't work, like procastination, recklessness, and adiction. All of the charicters have flaws, but they deal with them in diffrent ways, as in real life. Those that were attacked let their problems consume them, but when one of them,older police detectives wife, met little Slugger, she was not attacked, even if her life was extremely distressful, she would always be the victor agianst Little Slugger because her will and determenation and her divotion to her husband made her imposible to be overpowered by her life's misery. If we find something we can always have hope in, we too can overcome our problems.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
He dosen't kill them, he just knocks the crap out of them. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to wake up in the hospitle >.>

I love this show. I love how every episode the characters gradually go insane, and if you watch it in order, each event is related in some way. Like the "perfect kid" in episode two's tutor was the focus of episode three. She had a second personality that happened to be a hooker. The hooker side had a very faithfull client, who was the focus of the next episode. That guy was the guard that got on the news for catching little slugger. I'm trying to watch them in order, right now the last one I saw was "The Holy Warrior".

Last edited:

BladesofJustice

Very strange show indeed, but I only catch bits and pieces of it every time it is on, so I can't grasp everything that's happening, but I feel there is something deeper in the story below the radar that we are not catching.

Xanionot

Finished watching Episode 12: Rader Man. Everything is making more and less sense now. Only 5 more episodes to go.

Your right, there is alot under the radar. But if you even skip one episode it does'ent make complete sense, so try to see every one to see how they interconnect with eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back