• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Panels: Why use anything but...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixnod

Here, my friends, is my situation:
I have all 255 sigils and I have 360 crowns. I pretty much play this game now solely for multiplayer. I use a Roxas with Zero Gear equipped to the brim with Sight panels and a Critical Sun equipped... this means that roughly every second hit is a critical hit, and with the Zero Gear's huge crit bonus, that's ridiculous amounts of damage.

I haven't found anything better yet.

Oh sure, I can use the Oathkeeper, and I would love to -- its design is so awesome-- but it lowers your strength by magnitudes when you turn the Zero Gear into it and it barely raises anything else to make up for it. And while Two Become One is an all-around good keyblade, it just really can't compare to Kingdom Key+ and its critical damage output.

I use other characters, and the game gets really fun when I find out what's good for them, but as far as my favorite, Roxas, I'm kind of bored.

I guess what I'm saying is: am I missing something? I find it hard to believe they would put in Oathkeeper and then make it intentionally gimped. I'm even looking for a reason to play the ridiculously-cool but not-very-effective hooded Roxas.

Any suggestions?

Allister Rose

French Lover
try unlocking characters like mickey, riku, and sora. though mickey and riku you should already have

Ixnod

I have everyone, and they're all fun, but my main problem is that my favorite of the group, Roxas, just has a setup that works way too well and it's hard for me to switch up anything with him. I still play others, I just want Roxas to be fun again.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I have everyone, and they're all fun, but my main problem is that my favorite of the group, Roxas, just has a setup that works way too well and it's hard for me to switch up anything with him. I still play others, I just want Roxas to be fun again.

maybe try to unlock all the gears that you havent gotten and put them on roxas. just to see what they would look like

Ixnod

Another great suggestion, but I neglected to mention that I'm a pack rat and I've not only collected/synthesized every gear in the game, but I've also tried them all on. I must confess though, I have a soft spot for Darker Than Dark, but against magic-resistant types it's kind of lacking. But it IS a very fun keyblade.

I might just have to live with gimp-ness and run with Darker Than Dark for its amusement factor.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Another great suggestion, but I neglected to mention that I'm a pack rat and I've not only collected/synthesized every gear in the game, but I've also tried them all on. I must confess though, I have a soft spot for Darker Than Dark, but against magic-resistant types it's kind of lacking. But it IS a very fun keyblade.

I might just have to live with gimp-ness and run with Darker Than Dark for its amusement factor.

I beat the game and have yet to run into a "magic-resistant type" of enemy. >_> Everything can be cut down with Magic, and I agree that Darker Than Dark is one of my favorites. Hazard Gear+ is so nice, with the Magic boost it gives. I like to equip the elemental Blocks with it, too, to add even more fun.

Also on the list is the Omega Weapon (Pandora's Gear+), as it doesn't need Criticals to deal tons and tons of damage. If you stay full health, you deal more damage with each attack than even a crit from the Zero Gear. (not counting finisher crits), and a Critical Sun with the Omega Weapon gives a respectable Crit chance, which makes your every-other-attack-finishers crit more frequently, allowing for MASSIVE damage. Y-chaining a second finisher to the air combo is a nice bonus as well.

IMO, Omega Weapon+ > Kingdom Key+

That's just me, though.

Another nice one is the weapon that comes with the Omega Gear+, the Lunar Eclipse+. It gives Brick Wall and Magic Bracer, both of which are very fun at high levels when nothing can damage you enough to knock you out of combos. xD

AND. You've gotten everything? I have heard something of an elusive Nimble Gear++. Any idea on this? D:

Ixnod

Ah, Igshar, exactly what I was looking for!

I was actually referring mainly to bosses (Leechgrave in particular) when talking about magic-resistant enemies, but you're right--- most everything succumbs to Thundaga, and what doesn't succumbs to any of the other spells.

So, Omega Weapon+? My friend was talking about that one, he seems to like it. I'm not the fondest of its combo, but I think I can give it a try if it means something new. Thanks for the suggestion!

P.S: If there is a Nimble Gear++, I need to know of it ASAP as well. My favorite gear on Roxas by far.

Xorbok

this will take along time but how about doing all of the missions with every single char and seeing how many times you die w/ each char. (boring right XD )

UnstoppableSound

Here, my friends, is my situation:
I have all 255 sigils and I have 360 crowns. I pretty much play this game now solely for multiplayer. I use a Roxas with Zero Gear equipped to the brim with Sight panels and a Critical Sun equipped... this means that roughly every second hit is a critical hit, and with the Zero Gear's huge crit bonus, that's ridiculous amounts of damage.

I haven't found anything better yet.

Oh sure, I can use the Oathkeeper, and I would love to -- its design is so awesome-- but it lowers your strength by magnitudes when you turn the Zero Gear into it and it barely raises anything else to make up for it. And while Two Become One is an all-around good keyblade, it just really can't compare to Kingdom Key+ and its critical damage output.

I use other characters, and the game gets really fun when I find out what's good for them, but as far as my favorite, Roxas, I'm kind of bored.

I guess what I'm saying is: am I missing something? I find it hard to believe they would put in Oathkeeper and then make it intentionally gimped. I'm even looking for a reason to play the ridiculously-cool but not-very-effective hooded Roxas.

Any suggestions?

I don't understand what you're asking? You have the best keyblade equipped, so how could you be missing anything? Kingdom Key+ is the best keyblade in the game, proven by the fact that it also takes 3 Ability Units to get (or none), which is above the other two (1 Unit for Oathkeeper, 2 for Two Become One). Therefore, you are maximized. Hooded Roxas is the shit though, which is the only thing I see wrong with your post. His damage output, combo chaining, and incredible speed make him amazing and fun to play as.

On a side note, I really, really enjoy playing Marluxia with Zero Gear equipped. By far my favorite combo chain.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I don't understand what you're asking? You have the best keyblade equipped, so how could you be missing anything? Kingdom Key+ is the best keyblade in the game, proven by the fact that it also takes 3 Ability Units to get (or none), which is above the other two (1 Unit for Oathkeeper, 2 for Two Become One). Therefore, you are maximized.

The Kingdom Key+ is not the best Keyblade, it is one of the best Keyblades. I went through all of it before, and you clearly can't read, so I'll just ignore the rest and let you figure it out.

S

Shadow Soldier

Go through the game on Proud Mode with just the Kingdom Key equipped, and use no magic. Make it a challenge for yourself.

Ixnod

I don't understand what you're asking?

There were actually a few questions hidden in my post:
a) Why did they put in Oathkeeper, a really f'ing cool Keyblade, that sucks stat-wise?
b) Ditto for Two Becomes One.
c) I'm tired of button-mashing-A Roxas for crit hits, and wanted more variety.

Which I found!

It's not the most uber builds ever, but I decided to throw on Darker than Dark+ after all with all ability panels equipped. I then put on both Aerial Payback and Block-Counter (with Thunder Block and Perfect Block on, too), and of course a plethora of spells. It's a build that requires at least some thinking to maximize and gives me a lot of options in the middle of combat, as well as helping out my buddies in multiplayer due to the huge amount of air-tossing, freezing and jolting going on from me.

As far as Hooded Roxas being "the shit", the only way I can see that being possible is if you have combo boost on. Otherwise, he's just too unwieldy and his damage output is much too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back