• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pacing of the story (Possible Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerGuitar

Alright, so I finished days and was actually happy AND sad that it was over and done with,respectively:

1. No more repetitive missions...yay!

2. What?! That's all the clips there is?! NEED MORE! WANT MORE.

Mhm. After playing Days, I realized not only did Roxas sit on his little bum bum eating ice-cream all day (how did he maintain his sexy figure? D:) but, for the majority of the game, made you do useless collecting hearts missions which was basically fan service/not necessary to the plotline. In my opinion, the pacing wasn't that great - it was only until day 200-250 was where all the interesting clips started to pop up and to me that was kind of a rip-off to be honest. =/ I imagined I would get a clip every 5 missions or so (not the ds quality ones where you had text and had the occasional sighs) when I first played the game, but overall it was well played in the end.

The massive flow of clips near the end of the game was kind of like getting the 'icing on the cake' after all the bosses and repetitive missions you've been through.

So anyways...enough rambling. Just wanted your guys' input on the overall pacing of the game, clip wise, boss wise, etc.

This is just my opinion, so bear with me. :)

Kenpachi

I played and beat days in a few days, thats cause i have way too much time on my hands, i found the ending sad, but the only thing about that pisses me off is....

It had more questions than answers, it's like i didn't learn a damn thing about Kingdom Hearts, BUT it did answer all the ones about what was going during CoM and between KH1 and KH2.

HerGuitar

I played and beat days in a few days, thats cause i have way too much time on my hands, i found the ending sad, but the only thing about that pisses me off is....

It had more questions than answers, it's like i didn't learn a damn thing about Kingdom Hearts, BUT it did answer all the ones about what was going during CoM and between KH1 and KH2.

Agreed. It basically was a followup to BBS as it had a couple of Ven references.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Well, I beat the game in about three days and I kind of sped through it, so I didn't really notice that there weren't a lot of cutscenes. The pacing would sometimes throw me off, but the ending was pretty good. All in all, the game was enjoyable.

UnrelentingLight

I really disliked Days. I beat it in a couple of days and honestly I thought it was the worst Kingdom Hearts game. I hated having to do the same mission several times just because Nomura couldn't come up with a more creative mission than "go collect hearts." I also felt that the story was really weak since nothing at all happened until the end of the game. Also, whoever writes the script really sucks, I mean it killed the ending for me "who am I going to eat ice cream with?"

inverse K-blade7

I really disliked Days. I beat it in a couple of days and honestly I thought it was the worst Kingdom Hearts game. I hated having to do the same mission several times just because Nomura couldn't come up with a more creative mission than "go collect hearts."
I never understood the complaints about repetitive missions. It's Kingdom Hearts. In Kingdom hearts, you kill heartless. I realize there's other stuff to do but killing heartless is 96% of all the games

HerGuitar

I really disliked Days. I beat it in a couple of days and honestly I thought it was the worst Kingdom Hearts game. I hated having to do the same mission several times just because Nomura couldn't come up with a more creative mission than "go collect hearts." I also felt that the story was really weak since nothing at all happened until the end of the game. Also, whoever writes the script really sucks, I mean it killed the ending for me "who am I going to eat ice cream with?"
I agreed with everything what you said until the last part - sure it was funny the first time, but if you think about it, eating ice cream with Xion and Axel was the only thing Roxas ever enjoyed. Infact, it was his only memory of them together at the time, so "who am I going to eat ice cream with" was a pretty touching line to me.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Just finished the game, enjoyed it, and I find it, right now, to be the best Kingdom Hearts game out.I wish there was more to this, filled in the whole 'Why did Roxas go back' question?

Sad ending ..V.V..Xion is probably my favorite KH girl, and I never had one before since they were all so ..boring..>>

As for the 'more HQ cutscenes post' ..its the DS, give them credit for what they put in, they really pushed it to the limit.

elveina

I dunno. I agree that the pacing of the cutscenes was weighted far more towards the end of the game, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I think the emphasis on the "comfortable" ice cream interactions at the beginning-middle allowed the tragedy of the ending to really hit home. The whole "ice cream" buildup let them do some really SAD scenes. All they had to do was show Roxas eating his ice cream all by himself while Axel and Xion were avoiding him and you started tearing up. And then the whole, "WINNER" stick? MAN, I didn't think a video game was ever going to make me cry like that. >_<

Last edited:

SilverCyrus

I liked the fact that the clips were at the end,
It made the end of the game more rewarding?

I didnt like the very small amount of human bosses, I mean like all the bosses are heartless except for 2-3 of them, i like fighting people.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I wish they`d put in a few more scenes, but I still loved the game anyways. I didn`t think it was too repetitive, and I enjoyed the storyline especially towards the end.

kolaida

What?! I loved beating the snot out of heartless, that is such great stress relief when I don't feel like going to the gym, xD I personally loved the game and thought it awesome even though I went into it KNOWING it would be sad and afterwards I was like, "Why did I do that to myself?! So sad!!"

I did wish for more clips, but I ALWAYS wish for more clips. And I kind of liked that there was more at the end, it did feel more rewarding, I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back