• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Overall outfits/style in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

vitxras

i hope that a majority of the characters get new outfits(obviously/most likely would happen). its a numbered title i think it should happen. as for the 13 seekers of darkness, i kind of hope they change up the whole black cloak thing. i've seen it in every game and something new would be cool or at least find a new way to make the cloaks fresh and cool again. what do you guys think.

oh and i cant wait to see what lea's stile would be
on top of the whole lea thing i think he should duel wield a keyblade and one of those wheel axle things. how or why would he give up that form of fighting all together

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: over all outfits/style in kh3

Honestly, I'd rather the thirteen darknesses stay in their coats. The black coat has become something that most associate with the primary antagonistic force of the game, who is Xehanort. Continuing to don those would then be a symbol, or perhaps a seal, that those darknesses would be bound to Xehanort as his pawns, and truthfully that's the fate that each of them is doomed to.

The major characters are very likely to get new duds. The ex-Organization members such as Lea, as well as Roxas and Xion once they have been rescued, probably would, too. While I'm interested to see how SRK's new outfits are going to look like, I'm more interested in seeing Lea's and Xion's since we've never seen them without their coats.

And FYI, those wheel axle thingies are called chakrams.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty sure the XIII Seekers of Darkness outside of probably Young Xehanort (or whoever ends up being our final, final boss) will just stick to the regular ol' Org XIII coats. Not much you can do to make it fresh without killing it. Tailoring it to each SoD's style would be interesting...but I kind of can't see it happening

Lea will definitely get a new outfit, probably in the vein of what he wore as a teenager. Probably more hipsterish, form-fitting to show off his thin waistline and cray hips, maybe the scarf being longer for interesting things to fly around while he's fighting rofl

Xion should go old-school Kairi, but with a vest and maybe puffy shorts that harken to the fact she's made from Sora. If Kairi is going to stick to pink, Xion can take purple & black. I would have said blue but Aqua's main color scheme is blue...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I would love if everyone got a different outfit but I'd be content if SRK at the very least got something new. I still stand by my feelings that their KH2 outfits are the worst they've ever had. I'd be a happy camper if I went through KH3 without having to see Riku's overly baggy clothes, Kairi's zippers help together by pieces of fabric, and Sora's chap like pants (and then it turns out their KH3 outfits are even worse *crying*).

I'm tired of the Org's. coats as well, but they're supposed to be "uniform" so I'm fine with them staying the same. The only one I can see maybe getting something different is Xehanort, akin to KH2 when Xemnas had his cow suit. Only something-hopefully, less silly looking.

vitxras

I thought the kh2 outfits were the best except for rikus, his ddd outfit was better. As for the change to the coats, maybe some plates of armor maybe some bad ass helmets, maybe near the finally they all wear armor for the war

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I thought the kh2 outfits were the best except for rikus, his ddd outfit was better. As for the change to the coats, maybe some plates of armor maybe some bad ass helmets, maybe near the finally they all wear armor for the war

It's hard to imagine suits of armour taking over coats, in my opinion. The coats thus far have been shown to be able to serve their purpose very well, so there might be little reason for them to switch over to armour that serves the exactly same purpose.

In addition, assuming that it's the Keyblade Armour that we're talking about here, it's likely that it can only be donned by Keyblade wielders. We don't know how many of the darknesses fall, or will fall, under this category.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I remember someone awhile back saying the coats all be worn by the 13 vessels symbolized their anonymity and how they are all Xehanort in 1 way or the other while the GoL each being so individualized shows their individuality and I liked that theory, so I'm okay with the outfits as they are now in terms of them sticking to coats and the GoL each getting some awesome, "hipster-ish" clothes.

Pretty sure the XIII Seekers of Darkness outside of probably Young Xehanort (or whoever ends up being our final, final boss) will just stick to the regular ol' Org XIII coats. Not much you can do to make it fresh without killing it. Tailoring it to each SoD's style would be interesting...but I kind of can't see it happening

Lea will definitely get a new outfit, probably in the vein of what he wore as a teenager. Probably more hipsterish, form-fitting to show off his thin waistline and cray hips, maybe the scarf being longer for interesting things to fly around while he's fighting rofl

Xion should go old-school Kairi, but with a vest and maybe puffy shorts that harken to the fact she's made from Sora. If Kairi is going to stick to pink, Xion can take purple & black. I would have said blue but Aqua's main color scheme is blue...

I demand those "cray cray" hips!

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd rather everyone got new outfits as well. I was never fond of any of the kh2 clothes and after so many years of kh1's I'm really in the mood for something new.

As for the Org I dont see them, nor really want them, to ditch their coats. They serve many in-game and symbolic purposes and I just dont see them ditching the coats to give each and every org member a new outfit when most are only there to serve as Master Xehanorts puppets.
Especially since the focus will be on sora and the other heroes.

DefiantHeart

Awards
I think overall, the new Kingdom Shader they'll be using should give more life to every character's appearance. Also, the game engine's better functions will enable more polys to be used, so we'll get to see things have more of realistic feel to them rather then just texture. I personally would like to see Sora in brighter clothes then KH II, but Nomura seems to like black and silver a lot, so I doubt he'll be willing to go back to that. Sora's design is supposed to be based off of Mickey, so it'll pretty much always have some black in it. Kairi's pink jacket vest thing, was a bit overkill in pink to me... hoping for more variety in colors. Kairi's a princess of heart, to me they should be a bit more colorful. XD Though yes the other princesses do share that similar theme of only having one or two main color palettes in their clothes. That's probably what Nomura was aiming for in unifying the princesses of heart's designs. Riku, I don't know what to say about him, lol. Riku's kind of a rogue figure, so Nomura will probably try to fit among those lines. Due to Riku's current status though, I think he kinda deserves a more unique look now.

The black coats of the organization... it added to the mystery and the inner chaos among those whom worn it. I'm kinda debating on how that should be handled. The cloaks have become a symbol themselves, and once something becomes a symbol, it's hard to get rid of without destroying everything it is tied to.

It would be nice to see Axel maybe switch between chakram form and keyblade forms while he attacks. Spinning around to use his chakrams first, then turning them into keyblade form for his finisher move.

All in all, I think the new shader and polys should take care of any staleness in design.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think overall, the new Kingdom Shader they'll be using should give more life to every character's appearance. Also, the game engine's better functions will enable more polys to be used, so we'll get to see things have more of realistic feel to them rather then just texture. I personally would like to see Sora in brighter clothes then KH II, but Nomura seems to like black and silver a lot, so I doubt he'll be willing to go back to that. Sora's design is supposed to be based off of Mickey, so it'll pretty much always have some black in it. Kairi's pink jacket vest thing, was a bit overkill in pink to me... hoping for more variety in colors. Kairi's a princess of heart, to me they should be a bit more colorful. XD Though yes the other princesses do share that similar theme of only having one or two main color palettes in their clothes. That's probably what Nomura was aiming for in unifying the princesses of heart's designs. Riku, I don't know what to say about him, lol. Riku's kind of a rogue figure, so Nomura will probably try to fit among those lines. Due to Riku's current status though, I think he kinda deserves a more unique look now.

The black coats of the organization... it added to the mystery and the inner chaos among those whom worn it. I'm kinda debating on how that should be handled. The cloaks have become a symbol themselves, and once something becomes a symbol, it's hard to get rid of without destroying everything it is tied to.

It would be nice to see Axel maybe switch between chakram form and keyblade forms while he attacks. Spinning around to use his chakrams first, then turning them into keyblade form for his finisher move.

All in all, I think the new shader and polys should take care of any staleness in design.

That's one of the things that botherd me in particular with Sora and Kairi's KH2 outfits-on top of rearranging their color pallete, for what ever reason they suddenly started leaning heavily on one particular color. I think Sora would look better in brighter colors as well and while the black doesn't bother me, his outfit had a sudden black-splosion. Same thing with Kairi, who always had pink in her design, but underwent a sudden pink-sposion. They just need to balance the colors out better. Reduce the black on Sora and bump up the red and yellow and have Kairi's primarily consist of white and purple again. They did balance it out better in 3D so that's good. As far as color consistancy goes, Riku's the only one who's gotten off scotch free, lol.

Nomura's over all outfit designs tend to be hit-or-miss with me. Mostly because his designs tend to be saturated with...thingsssss. Just things he thinks look good, and aren't bad looking in their own right, but then he goes over board. It's like he has a million concepts in mind so he either decides to use as many as possible, tries to make certain concepts work even if they don't make sense in context, or both.

e.g.:

I can not for the life of me understand why KH2 Kairi is wearing clubbing/party/night attire casually. I understood her KH1 outfit, she looked like she was ready for a day at the beach because she spent all her time there. KH2 Kairi looked like she should be in Shibuya shopping with Shiki, not on Destiny Islands.

I also can not for the life of me understand the cluster diddly that is KH2 Sora's outfit. He's wearing chap/wadder styled pants, shoulder pads, and a hoodie. Kairi's outfit at least looks like something someone would wear (I have seen similar outfits), I don't know what I'm looking at with Sora's.

Aqua's outfit is sort of a mix of the previous two I mentioned: It's a cluster of things that should never be together nor do I understand why she would wear these things. It's a bit more concise though, I'll give it that. It's the epitome of too many ideas working at once, but fortunatly Nomura had gotten better at juggling ideas at that point. Her outfit has bits of a kimono, armour, a corset, what I can only assume is a mock-neck semi backless leotard, dancer shorts, biker gloves, school girl thigh high socks, and boob straps. Why all these things, especially her line of work? *shrugs* How she even puts this stuff on is beyond me. I've been trying to figure that out since day one, Aqua's outfit is the greatest mystery in all of KH.

TL;DR I just want the outfits to have a nice color scheme and be concise. Not over clutered with...thingssssss. I get wanting to layer an outfit and make it look interesting, but I just want it to be done in a way that doesn't melt my brain trying to deciphere what I'm looking at.

*looks at Aqua's outfit*

Is that below the bust or over? Over would make more sense because she doesn't appear to be wearing a bra but the cups are so loose that there's no hold. Are the straps functioning as a bra? Why is she even wearing a corset in the first place, she's a fighter! Are the corset and shirt connected? They look connected. Does that mean it's one piece? How the diddly does she even get that on then? And what about the kimono/skirt/sash thing-*brain explods*

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
*looks at Aqua's outfit*

Is that below the bust or over? Over would make more sense because she doesn't appear to be wearing a bra but the cups are so loose that there's no hold. Are the straps functioning as a bra? Why is she even wearing a corset in the first place, she's a fighter! Are the corset and shirt connected? They look connected. Does that mean it's one piece? How the diddly does she even get that on then? And what about the kimono/skirt/sash thing-*brain explods*

Hey. Quit stealing my exact thought process.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Again, I have to suggest that you throw all senses and notions of practicality out of the window to prevent your brain from overheating.

I admit, though, that some of the attires are quite... interestingly unorthodox in terms of design. Yes, I'm looking at Sora's KH2 outfit here in particular, although I won't be going into the details since Ruran has so kindly elaborated about it in his post (thank you!). It seems that the main characters tend to get "interesting" costumes as well, such as Terra with his whatever-that-is pants, Ventus with his layers upon layers upon layers of clothing, and Aqua as described by Ruran as well (thank you again!). Quite possibly, the only main characters with believable attires are Riku (KH2 and DDD attire) and Roxas (Twilight Town street attire).

But hey, it's a fantasy game and it's not like their clothing is going to affect how they move and perform, so I try to deal with it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
*looks at Aqua's outfit*

Least there's no straps or zippers! 8D

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Oh? And what about that chest strap you were earlier inquiring about whether it functions as a bra? :p

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KHIII will be taking place in the year of our lord 2003, possibly 2004, so Roxas, Lea, and Xion being emo can't be ruled out

/sarcasm

Axel92

Awards
We saw Sora in his KH1 outfit so many time in so many different games, but the KH2 is style is used just in KH2 and briefly in DDD. I'm not sure Nomura will abandon those clothes easily.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
We saw Sora in his KH1 outfit so many time in so many different games, but the KH2 is style is used just in KH2 and briefly in DDD. I'm not sure Nomura will abandon those clothes easily.

Au contraire, I feel he will change it. Through TWEWY and KH:DDD, you can really see Nomura's style having moved past the BELTZ AND ZIPPERS thing he had going on in KHII. I don't like to use the word, but I do feel like that outfit was a product of the time. "Edgy".

We'll probably be using it at the beginning of the game, of course, circa KHII & DDD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure Sora and the others will get new duds. Just like how Sora got those belt clusterfreak of clothes in KH2, the writers will find a way to incorporate them into the story and they won't just appear out of the blue.

And to be fair, Sora hasn't appeared in his KH1 outfit in as many games as one might think. The only games in which he is playable and appeared in it are KH1 itself, CoM, and a small stretch of KH2 (and Re:coded, but I don't count Data-Sora as Sora because they are two different individuals). That's less than three complete games out of seven, and I personally don't think it's too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back