• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Over two?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberVIII

Okay, this has probably been asked/answered millions of times, but it's seriously been driving me crazy.

WHY is it 358/2 Days?!? Or, spoken out loud, 358 Days Over Two? Wtf?!?

I mean the 358 days is obvious but...over two??

*is at a loss*

I feel like a noob for asking this. >>;

Jolts

I can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly certain that it means 358 days split between 2 people.
Don't feel bad for asking, I had to search around for a while until I found the meaning. It's kinda cryptic even after you beat the game.

NumberVIII

I can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly certain that it means 358 days split between 2 people.
Don't feel bad for asking, I had to search around for a while until I found the meaning. It's kinda cryptic even after you beat the game.

Because two represents the two 'Soras' that co-existed.

For reals?

Man. That's dumb.

They should've just called it "Kingdom Hearts: Xion"

-.-

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it means Roxas and Xion. Cause the two of them kind of share the same power; it drains from one and into the other like a yo-yo. That's why by the end she must sacrifice herself in a tragically sparkly death, because the two of them tragically couldn't co-exist.

It is dumb.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not sure, but I'd guess it's because roxas and xion.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Nomura said the 2 was for two people, but he didn't give a definitive answer on who those two people were.

Personally, I think the two people were Roxas and Sora. On the DS, the top screen mostly focused on Roxas' story while the bottom screen mostly featured Sora's memories. Xion is featured more often than Sora, but Xion basically represents Roxas' connection to Sora anyways, so perhaps the significance of her presence in the story relates back to Sora (especially made evident in the clock tower scene near the end of the game).

Cherryjuice

Nomura said the 2 was for two people, but he didn't give a definitive answer on who those two people were.

Personally, I think the two people were Roxas and Sora. On the DS, the top screen mostly focused on Roxas' story while the bottom screen mostly featured Sora's memories. Xion is featured more often than Sora, but Xion basically represents Roxas' connection to Sora anyways, so perhaps the significance of her presence in the story relates back to Sora (especially made evident in the clock tower scene near the end of the game).

I like your explanation somehow, although I think it really means Roxas and Xion.
The interview, you wher talking about, was from the Ultimania right? i

Nomura said:
-- Just one more thing that I think everyone is wondering, just what does the title “358/2 Days” mean?
Nomura: That’s the question that everyone has to ask in interviews. (laughs) There is an answer, but I think it’s best not to answer it. Well okay, I’ll give a little hint. “/2” is read in English as “over two”, but this isn’t the kind of over that means to “pass over” something. The 358 days are shared between two people, so “/2”, but I’d rather you imagine which two we are talking about. After you’ve finished playing it you might change your mind about who the two people are.

According to that, there could be multiple answers.
Roxas and Xion is the most obvious one, Roxas and Sora is possible as well.
It could even mean Roxas and Riku...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh, I didn't think of that! I really like that. I forgot that Nomura never really answered it.

3keybladewielder

C2's Warlock
i thought it was roxas and xion

but i think it should be over 1 hence the game is more for xion then roxas in my experience playing it was more for her so that is y i think it's over 1

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Though Sora isn't really mentioned much in Days I think it is talking about Sora and Roxas.

I agree with Key of Valor's explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back