• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Outlaws (KHiRC Exclusive)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Collapsing her weapon and slinging it over her back, Enca tried to keep her footing as the Harbinger drunkenly lurched through space. Between the turbulence and the brazen one-liner that screamed across the ship's intercom, there was very little doubt in her mind about how was currently piloting the ship. "Well, better him than the holy pastry man..."

Via's voice sounded over the Holopiece, asking for a regroup. Isabella assented. Without saying a word, Enca made her way to the elevator, and soon entered the cockpit.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Natalie, currently in the lounge, puts down her holopiece onto the coffee table. She knew she couldn't speak, what was the use for it? The only thing she's good for is fighting her way through. Of course, she had to keep it to know the status of her teammates.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Aches takes a drink from his glass, tremors coursing through his body from the adrenaline. As the doors open up behind him, the interim captain steadies himself before swiveling around in his seat to address the crew
"Alright, this is a good one. A princess, elfen creature, metaphoric goblin man and birderer walk into a bar. Anyone know the punchline? I'd appreciate a goddamn answer." He spins again towards the console and stands up, setting out half a dozen glasses,

"In case you haven't figured it out, shit is hitting the fan quick. Does everyone here know what a fan is? You can all shit right? I have no clue anymore, or if you can even get drunk but drinks are on the cadaver that got us in this mess. I know I can be arrogant, but what frigging jamoch just walks about alone and unarmed? I checked around the cockpit for any clues he might of left but so far I just found the old man's space viagr-"

The sound of a toilet flushing fills the halls, interrupting.
"Yeah, now imagine that was a fan."

Pandymint

Awards
Gun shots. What a wonderful way to spend the evening. The holopiece woke up and Xelex heard Via contact him, before immediately being overtaken by Enca. Then Via again requesting a regroup. He grunted, taking his leave of the room and heading for the cockpit. Tapping a finger on his holopiece, he brought the HUD to life and examined its information. Eight names were listed with 6 being green, one red, and one gray. Jev's name was red. He was dead. Sighing, he reached to his waist and pulled out his sidearm, checking the chamber and magazine before slamming it back in and loading it. There was more talking over the channel. Nonsensical talk with a slur. Small Fry was drunk. All he wanted was a moment's peace.

"Heading to the cockpit now. Who launched us? It was small fry, wasn't it," he rolled his eyes talking in the group channel as he pressed the button on the elevator, "Give me a minute, making a detour."

As the elevator stopped, he stepped through the door into the armory with a purpose and grabbed several rifles before ducking back through the elevator and heading up. He was willing to bet none of them grabbed a weapon before moving. Amateur mistake that was sure to get someone killed if they weren't careful. Jev was dead, an entire station was after them, and a kid was flying the ship. Another day in paradise, he thought. He didn't think for long, however. The elevator stopped once more, and he opened the door. Several people were present including a certain nameless person visually buzzed.

Sighing once again, Xelex began removing the rifles from his shoulders and began tossing them at the rooms occupants as he stepped up to Aches, pulling his sidearm out and aiming at his forehead.

"You're drunk. Move before you get us killed, kid."

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
While on the toilet the Doc hears the ships starts going "Huh, I'm here just taking a dump why is the ship moving? Did they not understand the words that came out of my mouth about me flying? These guys don't respect the education that I obtain." The Doc finished up his business and washed his hands with soap because he rather have hygiene than smell like sardines.

"Where is everybody?" He screams a bit cranky. The flight doesn't seem very stable. "Man if that white trash crashes this flight and gets us all killed, I'm going to kick his ass" He suddenly sees Natalie on the lounge but she doesn't seem very talkative. "Want to workout" He asks

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"No," the drunken pilot exclaimed,
"Me being wasted is EXACTLY why I should be the pilot. I'm on a spaceship in the middle of nowhere sitting in a deadman's chair, getting threatened by the only other competent person on ship, surrounded by a saturday morning cartoon special's worth of God's mistakes; no offense Harvey Birdman." Aches stood up, gun still trained on him,
"Once you learn how to pilot this, THEN you can have at it. Until then, put your compensator away and have a drink like a reasonable person, you dishonorable discharged meathead."

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Via glanced around her in the room, before giving the current pilot of their spacetrainwreck a scolding look. "Cut the jokes for a sec, you could have at least warned us before doing this. There were options, we could have tried talking to them. I mean... I'm glad to know we have someone on board who can get this thing off the ground, but we look awfully suspicious right now! We don't know what happened, there might have been a misunderstanding. If we just... barricaded the doors and... tried to talk it out. Surely there's a speaker or something here, we could probably still go back and try to open conversation. I don't know about you guys but I really don't want to be chased by a bunch of—" Before she could end the sentence the door opened and Xelex walked in. He was carrying several guns, and after dropping most of them, aimed one at Aches.

"Hey! Timeout, timeout!" Via demanded, stepping closer to the man. She definitely understood him, maybe even agreed, but not like this. This was exactly why she disliked guns. "We're a team here, no one is getting killed okay!"

But as usual, she was being ignored, by both of them.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Enca wasn't about to try and directly intervene. Aches was trembling and wasted, and Xelex was... Xelex. Negotiation was more likely to get someone shot. And yet, something had to be done. Aches, while obnoxious, was undeniably useful in a fight, and Xelex was the most likely out of everyone to be able to pilot the Harbinger. In any case, Aches needed to shut up get out of the pilot's seat, and Enca doubted he would unless he was dead or unconscious.

Via, unsurprisingly, was trying to talk sense into the two trigger-happy soldiers, to little effect. "You're the one with the poisoned darts, aren't you?" Enca pulled the half-inari aside, hissing as quietly as possible, "Got any on you right now? Perhaps some that could knock out a drunken 'pilot?'"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The whole team wanted their drunken pilot out of the cockpit, he observed the situation and decided to sober up.
"Goddamn, you want me to stop joking? Fine, I'll level with you: I had a call to make. The most experienced member of our team was killed in seconds by two of them, who were boarding our ship and who knows how many were in tow. If I didn't take control, most of us would be dead and the survivors would have been captured. I'm no captain, probably the most ignorant bastard out of all of you but I understand life or death." He stepped away from the pilot's seat and console, gun still trained on him, slowly grabbing The Conundrum off of the ground and placing it on his back.

"You should be thanking me, because if I didn't fly us the hell out of there, you'd all be too dead to try and get me out of the seat. I don't know how they do things on Falla, but in the real world Via: people die. You saw it as well as I did, but what you didn't hear is that bastard Jev tried to con that greasebag and what he's still after is somewhere on that ship. We need to find it and figure out how to get out from under this." Aches capped up the whiskey bottle and put it in the compartment under the seat,
"And for your information, Xelex, my best piloting is when the room's spinning."

Pandymint

Awards
Xelex's aim did not waver as he heard Enca address the peaceful member of the group, and Aches stood out of the pilot seat making his claim. A call to make, he said. Teeth gritted. It astounded him how this boy had managed to survive if he just traipsed around like a chaotic rubber ball. Mostly carefree, which also made him angry. Xelex's life had been spent in service to others until he was eighteen.

"A call, sure. That's fine. But then you made a call to go and drown yourself in enough alcohol to impair yourself. That's a call that put all of us in danger," he withdrew his gun and holstered it.

"You don't know that you're the only one who can pilot it. I've piloted a lot of different vehicles in my day, and I'm not discrediting you. But what I am doing is trying to keep our only means of survival on the movie before some drunken idiot causes us to crash!"

He felt a surge of anger, sending a chill down his spine. Taking a deep breath, he felt his conscience regain total control. Now was not the time to lose himself. Now was the time for calm.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Aches shook his head at the man, letting out a chuckle.
"Don't act like you're the only one who's been indebted. My life has been about one servitude to another, only reason I'm here is because Jev ruined my life back home and forced me to join. Do you honestly think I would have started drinking if I knew that was going to happen? I made the best of a bad situation and once I solved it, I continued to treat myself. Your breath has reeked of booze since before we left to get that plot device of a suitcase, so don't act like you're so high and mighty." He sat down in the co-pilot's chair and let out a deep breath,
"Give it a whirl then, before the bird of prey back there gores me and you all take turns doing funny things to my corpse."

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
GM POST

The invisibility veils lifted on the four Enigma ships that had been quietly pursuing the Harbinger. The ships were slim and sleek, sporting a matte gray finish, similar to the coloration of the Enigma soldiers' uniforms. The ships circled around one another in an intricate formation, prepared to take a defensive stance if by some impossible manner the crew of the Harbinger had discovered them.

"Prepare attack formation," one of the ships radioed to the others. The pilots followed their instructions, moving their ships silently into a diamond formation. "Prepare shredders and target starboard wing," he said, and there was a short click that sounded somewhere from the bottom of each ship.

"Locked on," the other three pilots sounded in simultaneously.

"Fire!" the leading pilot commanded, and the four ships let loose a series of fast traveling razor blades, made of a metal that was nearly a hundred times stronger than diamond. The high-tech blades rocketed toward the Harbinger at an incredible speed, and upon contact ripped the right wing cleanly off the ship.

Sirens sounded inside of the Harbinger, with red flashing lights popping on throughout each deck. The ship immediately deployed a massive concussive blast as an automatic defensive measure, ripping the Enigma ships apart into thousands of pieces and sending the remnants of the pilots' bodies spiraling into space.

"Systems failure, major core disrupted, running systems check,"
a cybernetic voice echoed throughout the Harbinger.

"Combat systems failed,"
the automated voice sounded as the Harbinger began to drift downward toward the planet below.

"Backup combat systems failed. Steering systems failed. Emergency pod deployment
systems failed. Armory systems failed. Map systems failed." The system failures continued to sound off as the ship fell downward, crashing into the atmosphere of the enormous planet below, Terra IV.

As the Harbinger lost control in the air, items flew out of their shelves and compartments. Weapons flew off of walls in the armory, and crew members' rooms became a mess. In the cockpit, from under the pilot's seat, flew out a black metal briefcase, emblazoned with an encircled silver snowflake. The briefcase slammed to the ground on the opposite side of the room, resting near the staircase that sat next to the elevator.

A ding sounded over the alarm for a moment. "Toaster oven systems success. Crash automatic landing procedures success. Cooling and fire prevention systems success."

The Harbinger slowed automatically, even if it was just a slight speed reduction. It crashed into the rocky earth below, scuffing up the bottom of the ship but doing little additional damage, with the crew inside likely suffering little to no injuries from the impact due to the air pressurization adjustment. The Harbinger skid across the ground a bit before finally coming to a stop.

The ship had come to a halt on top of a heavily forested mountain, situated in the middle of a gigantic mountain range. The midday sky was a vibrant blue, with few clouds in the sky, the temperature a gentle chill. The air on Terra IV was that of a typical inhabited planet, and was likely breathable for everyone in the crew.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
BOOM. The wing of the Harbinger is torn off as they quickly descend, the ship turns sideways as the anti gravity fails to deploy. Aches twists a dial on his rifle to "HARPOON" as a hook and line shoot out, it grapples underneath the captain's chair as he reaches for his Xelex' hand.
"Come on, dude!" The hook catches the latch and opens the compartment beneath, his whiskey flies by his face whilst a black metal briefcase hits him directly in it, the force causing his arm to make a nasty 'POP'. Their vessel rapidly corkscrews before the computer reboots, their thrusters engage, leveling them and slowing them down. Aches stands up, cracking his neck and popping his shoulder back into place.

"You have reached Terra IV, I hope it was an enjoyable voyage for all passengers.

"Thank God we have the toasters," he groans.
"Ain't that the way to get sober? Its like I'm back in the damn corps. who else is alive? I hope not Christian." The pilot pressed a button on his suit's collar, his mask visualizing on his face.
"Okay Google, how badly screwed am I?"
"Left black eye, minor concussion, previously dislocated shoulder. Would you like me to scan for space aids-"
"No no no, just put all helmet power into my right visor" His left eye visor powers down as the right eye glows brighter, giving Aches increased vision. The pilot approaches the black case that has griefed him so and picks it up,
"So that's where you hid it you sly bastard." He scans it and sees an incredible power signature, before cuffing it to his hand.

He approaches the heavily compromised windshield of the Harbinger and pulls down two clips on his weapon, a jackhammer attachment. He presses it against the glass and pulls the trigger; immediately shattering the entire window. He walks out and jumps to the ground below, dusting his outfit off before scanning the environment.
"C'mon, we need to get this damn spaceboat fixed."
"Heat signatures detected - 2 miles south"
"And I have an idea where to start."

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"How does this happen?" The Dr says as he wakes up from a groggy state. One minute I'm taking a dump, the next I hear a voice telling me the systems are failing. I don't know what that means cause I never fail. This is probably that fat white trash rednecks fault whichever one of them choose to fly this piece of imaginary. If I drove this ship we will all still be flying cause I'm that good.

The doctor is outside the ship and he sees some other team members. "Which one of you freaks know where Javy is? He got some explaining to do" Nobody seems interested to respond. "Well wherever he is that coward will need to explain to me how we got into this mess. What if this planet is full of gigantic amazon women who will take me as their prisoner as a sex slave? I'm like a piece of bacon to them. I'm too young to die from snu snu and it's clearly out of all of us they will take me. Noffense"

The doctor sees Aches. "Hey are you the trash that crash this plane? You dumbass almost ruined my beauty and kill other people in the process. Now we are stuck on some goddamm world that may have no hot chicks on it. Who will I swipe right on for Tinder here? Huh a tree? GAH. I still not sure why you decided to take charge without consulting the rest of us.

Who died and made you leader?"

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
This day sure couldn’t get any worse. Via jumped out of their wrecked ship and looked around. Everyone was alive, at least for now. The environment looked somewhat familiar, a thick forest with tall trees as far as her eyes could see. She stopped to listen for a while. It was a bit more silent than you’d expect from a forest, but then again, they did just crash a huge pile of metal there, so it wasn’t too concerning.

“Hold up a second”, she called out to Aches, who was already on his way towards next possible troubles. “Can we stop running around for one moment, does anyone have any idea where we are? Besides that it’s called Terra something. There could be hostile tribes around, dangerous animals, there might even be Enigma people nearby, if we happened to crash next to a big city”. Via ignored the doctor who was rambling about bacon or something, and took just enough of distance to the group that she could see everyone.

“Listen up guys! I heard something interesting before the crash, that I’m not going to ignore. We were, apparently, betrayed by Jev. If I understood this correctly, he never intended to sell that briefcase in the first place, and instead gave that creepy looking guy a fake. I’m not surprised that he put us in danger, but what this means, is that whatever is in that case, is really a big deal. If he was going to just sell a fake, why did we need to even get the real one? It has to be worth a fortune, but it might have something special about it otherwise too. It could even be dangerous. The original, most likely, is still in the ship. So logically, the first thing we need to do is to find it, and make sure we keep it safe.”

Via looked at everyone, one by one. “Makes sense?”

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
"Son of a grackle..." Enca wasn't a starship mechanic, but anyone could see that the Harbinger was in terrible condition. The 3D holographic projection of the vessel was lit up in red alarms and warnings, most of them clustered around where the right wing should've been, which was now nothing more than a jagged stub of metal and severed, sparking wires.
The Harbinger was in no shape to glide, let alone fly at the speeds needed to enter orbit.

Doctor Christian, unsurprisingly, was indignantly squeaking like a hungry hatchling. "Well look on the bright side," Enca's eyes were narrowed down to a jeering leer, "If there really are... 'gigantic amazon women' on this planet, I'm sure they'll be willing to pay us a hefty price to get their hands on a pretty boy like you." Chuckling to herself, Enca stood upright as Aches shattered open the windshield. Via, once again, was trying to be the voice of reason. The others could just as easily ignore her like last time, Enca mused, But as for me...

"Ok, first of all. Aches, we don't even know if those heat signatures are coming off of a sentient species or wild creatures. Second, I don't even think our whole crew is here. I haven't seen the mute since we got chased off that last planet on account of that briefcase. And speaking of the briefcase, Aches, why exactly d'you think sauntering around with the thing that everyone and their egg-mothers are trying to kill us over is a good idea? How do we even know that Enigma isn't tailing us right now and just waiting for us to poke our faces out? Those ships were invisible 'til they smashed off our wing."

"I mean if you're gonna charge off to the first heat signature you see, fine. Personally, I'm gonna at least grab something to eat and wash the blood out of my wings before charging into the wilderness."

If there was one thing that her time as an escort guard had taught Enca, it was that a walk through the woods was never just a walk through the woods.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Aches grabbed his head in a move of frustration and pain, the ringing in his head grew louder as everyone barked at him, making the decision to reply grow more difficult.
"Can you goblins just... frigging chill for one second?" He pressed a button on the side of his helmet, it let out a faint sound of vibration offering him relief.
"Warning: your concussion has worsened. Food and rest recommended."
"Heh, hell is wrong with us anyway... The killer preaches, the priest crows and the bird is the grounded realist." He looked at the ship before turning back downhill at the heat signatures
"Look at the right wing. It was too precise, they knew how to bring the Harbinger down, and yeah, they were tracking us. The fact that you don't remember me grabbing the case, Via, means that you could have been injured yourself. Now here we are on an alien planet, our tracker who doubles as best acclimated to the terrain is potentially compromised, and whoever attacked us knew a hell of a lot about Jev and where our ship is."

He looked at the ship again and touched his holopiece, as if scanning it.
"Jev would talk about the Terra system, bragging about how they were his stomping grounds. Unfortunately we didn't land on Terra VI with the sexy amazon women, but this planet is mostly uninhabited. I think, honestly I can barely think and I really hope this is the Terra with those sex mongers but life is too short for regret." One grey signature, one green. What the hell are they waiting for?
"If you want to hear my humble opinion, we make camp for the night and let Via take the lead. I can probably make something with parts from the armory to constitute a protective field in case any non-sexy locals try to ravage us, but we call as in the morning because we won't stand a chance against Nash and his scummy boyband." He unzips his pocket and removes an energy bar from it's wrapper, shoving it into his mask to no avail.
"Shit, who here likes granola?"

Pandymint

Awards
Crashed on a foreign planet was just how Xelex liked to spend his weekends. In the moment it took the ship to go haywire, he plunged a knife into a panel to give him a grip, ignoring Aches' outreached hand just long enough to see him get pelted in the face by a case. It made him chuckle, as it was better than any of the kid's jokes. But now, there they were on a planet in the middle of nowhere, and Aches once again is gung-ho. He handcuffed himself to the case he believes has the real item and broke a window to escape. It occurred to him that either the kid was very lucky, or the window had been weakened.

The train of window-breaking-validity thought was interrupted by Via, who was making a speech of sorts to those present, not that Small Fry was listening. He was heading onward, so Xelex shrugged. He stood, listening to Via who was then followed by Enca agreeing and saying her piece as well. They had a point. No use running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They needed to regroup, take stock, and make it qu- What the hell was that doctor on about now? Snu snu? He rolled his eyes.

It seemed the words had had the desired effect, as Aches turned around and came back, speaking on his behalf. One less loose end to worry about. Xelex took the opportunity to speak to the group before Enca left on her errand.

"Okay, so you're both right. Via, we need to gather everyone, make sure the mute's still alive, and find what happened to Isabella. Small Fry is right because we need to move. Those ships knew what they were doing, and they weren't toying with us. Look at how clean of a cut that was. If these guys are at least half-decent at their job, they would know there's at least some chance we survived. They're going to come looking for that case that numb nuts over here decided to just cuff to himself. We need to move down this mountain, off of it if we can manage before dark," he took a breath and looked around at them all, "Alright? Gather supplies, weapons, then we need to move."

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Oh great. So the case really was hidden in the ship… well, at least it was not in the wrong hands. Sort of.

“If you didn’t notice, we were crashing down in a broken space machine just a minute ago, I think it’s understandable I had better things to worry about than what you had your hands on when it happened. I will say though — I apologise for jumping into conclusions earlier. I was too quick to assume you acted before thinking. It didn’t cross my mind you might have known more about the situation than the rest of us. You did get us out of there, and we’re all alive. I am thankful for that. Just… take care of that thing if you’re going to be carrying it around. Don’t go too far alone”.

Via sighed and looked at their broken ship.

“I agree with leaving though, as long as we leave together. It’s not safe near the ship. And Xelex, If you’re going to go search for our missing members I’ll join you. I know they’re capable of taking care of themselves, but that crash might have caught them off guard. I’m a bit worried since they haven’t come out yet”.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"Ok Team Redneck, What I learn from my highly educated university is that as a doctor I need to check on how the survivors are. My assement is the drunk one is still drunk, the crazy one is still crazy and I'm still hungry. Make sure the mute and the others are fine cause we can use as many live bodies as we can get it for foot soldiers. I think there is some first aid kit somewhere in ship but they can minster it themselves. Helex go get the bodies out cause it seems you are the most concern about other people safety."

"Now I agree with Vivian that we need to stick together. Now there is a saying that goes there are plenty of fish in the sea, but it's a dog eat dog world. And we aren't the fishes nor do we look like Twinkies, we are the dogs."

"I say we wait till sun goes down to start moving because I got holy water to stop any potential vampire attacks"

Now Acne I know you say u got a read on where civilization is but we have to make sure we are all in tip top shape in case they want to fight us. Or play a game of basketball. So we should work out here to get us into fighting shapes and then leave at night. So Vivian you take charge with your calm demeanor and think of a plan while I lead the workout session." "Got that?"

The Doctor says all of this with everybody choosing to ignore him to focus on a real plan for safety. The doctor puts his gigantic book on the ground and starts to do his pushups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back