• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Our Influence on New Worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephy 9 2 5

Well I've been seeing alot of threads saying there should be a world for Harry Potter and radical ideas of that nature. Or more likely ones like Mount Olympus. But guys your missing something about all these requests even for the Disney worlds.....they don't mean much.

Look back at KH2 and you'll see what I mean.

I remember back during the development stages of KH2 there was a world so heavily requested that people thought there's no way this can't make an appearance.

That world was the Hunchback of Notredame..... and there was a high public demand for it but for some reason didn't make the cut.

It makes me think it's more up to the staff than the fans. Gamers have influence on the characters but not the worlds.....

Plus the fact that Disney signed Pixar I mean the KH series can't pass up the oppurtunity to utilize as many of them as they can due to the critical and commercial success of most of them.

I don't know I think fan requests are left out of the conversation when choosing worlds.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Lol, fans dont count in the first place. I dont know how many people requested characters like Rinoa and Terra and similar characters that didnt make the cut...

There were more people against the increase of FF7 characters than people who were supporting it... and look how that turned out. The full cast is in the game, minus a few...

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
While it's true the developers create the worlds, I think the gamers give them the ideas. I mean who knows. Someone here could state they want Lilo and Stitch in KH3, and Nomura might put it in. So I think we do have an influence on the new worlds, just not a big one.

sephy 9 2 5

New2Ya said:
Lol, fans dont count in the first place. I dont know how many people requested characters like Rinoa and Terra and similar characters that didnt make the cut...

There were more people against the increase of FF7 characters than people who were supporting it... and look how that turned out. The full cast is in the game, minus a few...

Um....no that's not true at all.
The fans select the characters. The staff goes by the most heavily requested characters then adds a few in themselves. I know Rinoa was not requested by people more than Tifa. And Terra....no just no

Anyways characters are from the projects Nomura worked on so FF7/8 is bound to be more present than others. That's why people were surprised when Vivi was included.

More people support FF7 than any other FF series I don't know what your talking about. There are the FF7 haters but FF7 sells plain and simple. Square wouldn't use it so much unless it was the best series in their minds and by enough fans.

On what kind of basis did you choose the FF characters?
In a way, we selected characters that are on demand. We considered from both fans and the staff's opinions and it all ends with just characters that are highly on demand.

Kingdom Hearts II Ultimania - Tetsuya Nomura Interview

^ Every FF character was of the highest demand obviously Rinoa and Terra were not popular enough....

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
^^You just gave me another reason to hate Nomura..jk....but I dont give a damn..I'm tired of FFVII running rampant in KH(I mean Tifa wasnt needed hell nor was Yuffie)....but anyways...I got nothing to say at the moment cuz I got to go...I'll maybe post something..later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back