• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Orlando Nightclub Shooting-At least 50 dead

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
At Least 50 Dead in Orlando Gay Club Shooting, Suspect Identified, Officials Say - ABC News

A massacre at an Orlando gay nightclub early Sunday morning has been described as a "domestic terror incident" with at least 50 dead and 53 injured, officials said, making it the worst mass shooting in U.S. history and the deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil since the events of Sept. 11, 2001. The shooter has been identified by officials as Omar Mateen of St. Lucie County, Florida, an American-born citizen with Afghani parents.
FBI assistant agent in charge of the agency's Tampa division, Ron Hopper, was asked at a news conference on Sunday at 7 a.m. if the shooter, who was shot and killed by police, had ties to Jihadist terror groups.
At a second press conference, officials announced that the death toll of the attack had risen to 50 dead, more than doubling what had been reported earlier this morning

This is just tragic

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
My best friends live in Orlando, and some frequent clubs on the regular. Super surreal seeing the "safe" statuses on Facebook this morning. This was real scary.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The world is full of disgusting people. Rest in peace to the victims. :(

AuroraX

Awards
It's strange to think that it was nearby the hospital I was born. Not sure if this was true or not, but some have said Disney Cast Members were there that night. None the less, lives were lost and I'm praying for all the victims family and friends. Hope nothing more like this happens in my favorite city...

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I just can't believe this happened last night. I can't believe he took over fifty people down with him. Omar is dead thankfully, so he can no longer hurt or kill anyone anymore.

Why was he even doing at an LGBT bar?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Why was he even doing at an LGBT bar?
Muslim extremists hate homosexuals. Well, they hate pretty much everyone and everything, and believe that it's their holy mission to destroy whatever they can't tolerate. Thus, shit like this happens.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Hey, let's not pick on muslims you guys, the guy was a homophobe on his own merits. There's no need to be hateful, there are muslim people on this forum and in general they deserve respect and compassion.

D

Deleted member 36435

Hey, let's not pick on muslims you guys, the guy was a homophobe on his own merits. There's no need to be hateful, there are muslim people on this forum and in general they deserve respect and compassion.
He literally had ties to Islamic Extremist. What he did was religiously motivated, no matter how much you want to believe otherwise.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I just don't get this Omar guy. He's the same as that guy that shot his four daughters and wife in Roswell, New Mexico and that other guy that shot Christina Grimmie. Both Omar and Christina Grimmie's killer are dead, but the father that murdered his wife and their four daughters is on the run. If Omar had lived, he would likely be facing the death penalty right about now.

So, three shootings within three days. http://krqe.com/2016/06/12/roswell-...suspected-of-killing-wife-and-four-daughters/

I hate this weekend, but to get back on topic.

Why did Omar decide to associate with Isis?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
His father said that it wasn't motivated by their religion, he was using that extremism as a blanket, a crutch but he had issues outside of religion. He joined something to excuse his own wrage. He was also a wife-beating misogynist who was obsessed with cops and despite being investigated for terrorism TWICE by the FBI was never convicted, allowed to be a security officer and had no trouble buying an assault rifle.

This was an LGBT hate crime, but I think it's funny how people are even questioning why he was at a gay bar, IT WAS A HATE CRIME. No one's talking about that, no one's talking about how this followed 24 hours after the death of Christina Grimmie and details were released about Omar immediately but Christina's shooter, a white dude, remained in the dark for over a day. And nobody's talking about his religion.

Yeah, it's bullshit that they're making an LGBT Hate Crime and Gun Control issue about Muslim Extremism. And it's bullshit in this topic that it came up before anyone's talking about the gay aspect of it. The topic title doesn't even call it a gay club.

D

Deleted member 36435

Why would you believe his father in that regard? How are the details of his personal life as a misogynist and wife beater relevant? The man had a strong link to Islamic Extremism which is known for it's anti-gay "policies." I'm sorry a man who pledges allegiance to a religious organization and then goes out and kills 50 people in the name of said organization does not give the organization a free pass because of his past, however storied it is.

redcrown

Awards
Well this thread got ugly fast.

I think its been confirmed the shooter didn't have any real ties to ISIS or religious motivations to do this. This guy was just a average violent american homophobe joe who took his hatred out through the most popular form of massacre. That isn't new, except for the death count and target, and doesn't mean he did it for fundamentalist reasons just because of his Muslim ethnicity.

Also no one mentioned that the bar was having a Latino night, so most of the victims were probably Hispanic. It's not being turned into a racism issue there, as it shouldn't, because this is about homophobia and violence at its core.

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well this thread got ugly fast.

I think its been confirmed the shooter didn't have any real ties to ISIS or religious motivations to do this. This guy was just a average violent american homophobe joe who took his hatred out through the most popular form of massacre. That isn't new, except for the death count and target, and doesn't mean he did it for fundamentalist reasons just because of his Muslim ethnicity.

Yeah, it did. I don't think we should blame Islam for what happened. Islam doesn't have a physical form to go out and kill people, Omar was the one that acted insane and took many down with him. I hope the families get some sort of help.

aqualight

It's definitely a testament to some of the homophobia in the US at the moment. I also heard that someone was stopped trying to go to another gay pride event with a whole bunch of weapons? It's so sad to hear about this during gay pride month and i really hope the LGBT community in america are kept as safe as possible during this time.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It's definitely a testament to some of the homophobia in the US at the moment. I also heard that someone was stopped trying to go to another gay pride event with a whole bunch of weapons? It's so sad to hear about this during gay pride month and i really hope the LGBT community in america are kept as safe as possible during this time.

I didn't know that. At least, one potential tragedy was prevented.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
What happened was absolutely terrifying and heartbreaking. I pray for the families who've lost loved ones and I hope everyone else is safe after living this nightmare. I feel bad for those in the LBGT community for having a hate crime/extremist attack committed on Pride Month. And I ask everyone here on the forum to please stay civilized with one another. This isn't the time to fight, but to pray for the losses of loved ones.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Okay, really now? I thought that "Muslim extremist" would be enough to clue people in that I'm not bashing Islam in general, but apparently not.

People MIGHT be talking about the shooter's religion because, according to the article in the OP, he called 911 to declare that he was an ISIS wannabe. Regardless of his "true" reasons, he made a point to tie himself to Jihadism. There were likely other factors that lead up to this act; I mean, it's rare that a stable, rational person will decide to go on a shooting spree, even if they dislike a group of people. However, it's not a stretch to say that the reason that this creep went specifically after gays (or went through with the idea of murdering dozens of people regardless of sexuality) was because he was inspired by extremist nutjob beliefs, which glorify these sorts of heinous crimes.

I have nothing against Islam. I do have something against extreme fundamentalist nutjobs who try to kill everything they don't like, and encourage others to act on their own prejudices. Extremist scum is extremist scum, no matter the religion.

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Why would you believe his father in that regard? How are the details of his personal life as a misogynist and wife beater relevant? The man had a strong link to Islamic Extremism which is known for it's anti-gay "policies." I'm sorry a man who pledges allegiance to a religious organization and then goes out and kills 50 people in the name of said organization does not give the organization a free pass because of his past, however storied it is.
I'm pretty much entirely agree with you here.

His father said that it wasn't motivated by their religion, he was using that extremism as a blanket, a crutch but he had issues outside of religion. He joined something to excuse his own wrage. He was also a wife-beating misogynist who was obsessed with cops and despite being investigated for terrorism TWICE by the FBI was never convicted, allowed to be a security officer and had no trouble buying an assault rifle.
His father can say that all he wants, but it's pretty clear cut when you join the biggest Islamic terrorist organization in the world right now that you're going to adopt their extreme ideologies. Islam isn't kind to homosexuals in any regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back