• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Original stories for Pixar worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I believe it's a safe bet that any future Pixar worlds would try to go with original stories outside that of their original movies if possible, so let’s theorise!

-A Bug's Life: the movie’s ending allows a perfect spot for any potential follow-up stories to happen. The ants have to deal with whatever new threat the KHverse is throwing at them, with the newly crowned Queen Atta overseeing everything.

-Finding Nemo/Dory: could either happen during the gap between the two films or after FD. Dory’s memory problems could tie into KH lore.

-The Incredibles: would likely have to be post-Incredibles 2. New KH-specific threat arrises, the heroes get to work. Simple.

-Cars: ...I mean, if we absolutely have to (inevitable dumpster fire of awkward controls aside), it can happen just about anywhere, between 1 and 2, between 2 and 3, after 3, whatever.

-Ratatouille: may be difficult to work in the original movie as having happened, with Remy being in Twilight Town, and his history with Scrooge being a direct parallel of what happened to him at the end of said movie. But if they do, post-movie, simply.

-Wall.E: post-movie, could be set in the early days of the Earth rebuild period (the setting is still mostly dystopian-looking, but with noticeable signs of restoration). Wall.E and EVE being robots that seem to have hearts could be a theme.

-Up: post-movie, but we’d need an excuse to bring Carl back to Paradise Falls, which may be problematic since the house is still there, potentially undoing the closure Carl got at the end of the movie.

-Brave: post-movie. Badda-bing, badda-boom.

-Inside Out: post-movie, but the logistics of how we’d incorporate a world which is basically the inside of some girl’s head would be tricky to figure out, unless we put it in the Realm of Sleep or something.

-The Good Dinosaur: post-movie. Don’t really know, don’t really care.

-Coco: post-movie, and whoo boy what an interesting premise it could be. Here we have the Land of the Dead, a world where hearts seem to get a second chance at life before moving on!

-Onward: post-movie. Ian and Barley are up for more epic journeys, simple.

Perkilator

Awards
For Coco, I figured it'd be more interesting to set the story before the movie. Like, SDG (or, maybe, Roxas and Xion) attempt to help Héctor take his photo of his daughter back to the Land of the Living, but fail because they aren't the ones destined to do so.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would want Inside Out to be Namine or Xion entering Kairi's mind to try and find relevant core memories.

WaltK

Awards
They never really said Riley's emotions.

If you wanted to go into Kairi’s head to see her internal “Brainscape”, as it were, then you’d get a completely different set of emotions, settings, etc. And that’s assuming that beings from outside of the Inside Out world would even have those same internal mechanics to begin with.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If you wanted to go into Kairi’s head to see her internal “Brainscape”, as it were, then you’d get a completely different set of emotions, settings, etc. And that’s assuming that beings from outside of the Inside Out world would even have those same internal mechanics to begin with.
Don't you think it would be weird/creepy for Sora to enter Riley's mind and see her innermost thoughts/emotions/memories, let alone have control over them?

I mean, I think Sora going into Riley's mind could work, but they would have to drastically reduce what Sora sees and his influence on Riley's actual actions. They would need to keep it to just Sora exploring this world with Joy/Sadness and seeing the islands of personality/dream factory/lock-up, but never actually doing anything to affect Riley herself. If they actually do want to use Riley, they should actually let the game follow the film closely, and have Riley's emotions affect everything and Sora just there to fight Unversed/Dream Eaters.

WaltK

Awards
Don't you think it would be weird/creepy for Sora to enter Riley's mind and see her innermost thoughts/emotions/memories, let alone have control over them?

It’s not like he’d go in there voluntarily.

And why would he have any control over anything? He’d be there to fight Heartless/Dream Eaters/whatever, and that’s that.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It’s not like he’d go in there voluntarily.

And why would he have any control over anything? He’d be there to fight Heartless/Dream Eaters/whatever, and that’s that.
Regardless if he goes in Riley's mind voluntarily or not, it's just weird to think of an older boy in a young girl's mind. He'd have control because he's working with the emotions (presumably Joy's plan).

I definitely want an Inside Out world, but I think they need to make sure to do it tastefully.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
For Coco, I figured it'd be more interesting to set the story before the movie. Like, SDG (or, maybe, Roxas and Xion) attempt to help Héctor take his photo of his daughter back to the Land of the Living, but fail because they aren't the ones destined to do so.

Hmm... now why does this idea sound so familiar. 🤔

Back