• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Original Actors (Also, Hayden Panettiere)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

J0hnny0hm

By the time a KH involving Sora as the main character rolls around, do you think the original voices of the main characters will be called back?

On another note, I'm sure most have noticed that Hayden Panettiere didn't return to play Kairi in Re: CoM or 358/2 Days (even though it was Xion, it was the actor who played Kairi in Re: CoM and she used her Kairi voice)

I think I heard that something happened that stopped Panettiere's involvement with KH. If that's true, can someone tell me what it is?

Last edited:
A

Audo

The voice actors of Kairi and Nami have been replaced. Don't expect them to ever come back =/

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Well,you never know. Both games (CoM and 358/2 days) aren't really big budget, whereas KH3 would be. And so many famous actors lend their voices to teh KH series still, yet they are very busy too. So that's no reason.

I wouldn't immediatly say they'll never return. Panettiere seems to appreciate these kind of semi-jobs too.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Oh yea Hayden would have to come back to play Kairi right? Yet she isn't really busy these days

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Quinton said that he doesn't know anything for now, but he'll be happy to return as Axel's human form.

soragill150

Well.... she only had like 2 lines in recom and maybe they wanted a voice that sounded like kairi but wasnt just like it.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
I'd expect Hayden is awfully expensive to get a picture with, much less a full voice acting part. For like an extremely small role, I doubt they'd waste the money to bring her in. A much larger scale project however, it is much more likely. Only time will tell.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
I doubt they would hire a big-time actor like Hayden to record only 2 lines. I can't imagine anyone else being Kairi besides her anyway. Obviously disney actors like mickey, donald, goofy, etc. will have original actors. I hope they get the same actor for Aerith from the second game. The voice actor that did Aerith in the first game was soooo bad! Also, Kingdom Hearts is getting a bigger fan base, and in turn, more publicity. So I'm sure more big-time actors will be willing to do more voices. Didn't Nomura say he had a big-time actor that was hard to contact for one of the characters on BBS?

wait a second, not to sound ignorant, but since when did hayden penittere voice kairi?? i never knew that!!
lol, the first time I realized it was when I went straight from playing KH2 to watching Heroes, I was like "something sounds familiar here..."

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
wait a second, not to sound ignorant, but since when did hayden penittere voice kairi?? i never knew that!!

Yup. She was the voice of Kairi for KH1 and KH2. It was the first time I'd ever heard of her when I got KH1. And now look. o.o"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by Xnairb
Obviously disney actors like mickey, donald, goofy, etc. will have original actors. I hope they get the same actor for Aerith from the second game.

That was Mena Suvari, but there have been countless complaints from the fans about her as Aerith; that's why Andrea Bowen (who I think also played Moogle Girl in AC) replaced her in Crisis Core. Most likely it'll be her coming back.

The voice actor that did Aerith in the first game was soooo bad!

Mandy Moore. I didn't play FFVII or even heard of Aerith before KH, so personally, she sounded okay, I guess. But the change from KH, then KH2 for Aerith's voice was so drastic. Andrea's voice fits Aerith very well though; sounds very similar to Maaya Sakamoto, Aerith's seiyuu.

Didn't Nomura say he had a big-time actor that was hard to contact for one of the characters on BBS?

Yeah, to provide the voice of Eraqus, which is understandable. Look at him. He's badass.

A

Audo

I hope they get the same actor for Aerith from the second game. The voice actor that did Aerith in the first game was soooo bad!
You must be kidding right? Aerith was one of the worst recasts yet.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I agree. Whenever Aerith spoke I immediately considered pressing start and skipping the scene.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I doubt they would hire a big-time actor like Hayden to record only 2 lines. I can't imagine anyone else being Kairi besides her anyway. Obviously disney actors like mickey, donald, goofy, etc. will have original actors. I hope they get the same actor for Aerith from the second game. The voice actor that did Aerith in the first game was soooo bad! Also, Kingdom Hearts is getting a bigger fan base, and in turn, more publicity. So I'm sure more big-time actors will be willing to do more voices. Didn't Nomura say he had a big-time actor that was hard to contact for one of the characters on BBS?

I'm going to have to hate you for liking Mena Suvari.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
their new voice actors the girls from camp rock

That's why we don't like them (or at least the majority of us). They're Disney Channel tweener cannon fodder and shouldn't have stepped anywhere near the KH franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back