• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Organization XIII's hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

watermage9

So I have a question for you guys? Do the members of Organization XIII actally have hearts meaning the actual organ that pumps blood and circulates through out the body or do they not have one what so ever meaning no organ and no pulsating?

I know they don't have hearts when it comes to feelings and emotions, but what about pain and nerves and the actual human parts of the body such as all of the organs? So in otherwords is the anatomy of an organization member the same as a human or does it have some exceptions due to them being nobodies but with human appearance?
Please feel free to share.

lawl. the heartless, nobodies and unbirths aren't literal parts of the person's body. it's more of a metaphorical thing. when they talk about having a heart, they're talking about emotions and memories and such.

watermage9

Oh I know that, but I;m wondering if they actually have those kind of organs like their previous selfs had? In the manga I've seen them eating and drinking so I would assume that they do have these organs right?

sassysis10

So in reality people have two hearts. One for keeping you alive and one that holds the emotions and such. idk

watermage9

That makes a lot of sense. My thought is that they actually do have the organ to, but they are devoid of any feelings and can only remember their memories. I mean they do have bodies yet are they spirts too which is why they can pass through others or can only certain members do that like Marluxia did to Sora in Com?

Ikkin

Bronze Member
So I have a question for you guys? Do the members of Organization XIII actally have hearts meaning the actual organ that pumps blood and circulates through out the body or do they not have one what so ever meaning no organ and no pulsating?

I know they don't have hearts when it comes to feelings and emotions, but what about pain and nerves and the actual human parts of the body such as all of the organs? So in otherwords is the anatomy of an organization member the same as a human or does it have some exceptions due to them being nobodies but with human appearance?

I think that could go either way, really. Though, I'd imagine that either they'd have fully-human anatomy (non-metaphorical hearts included) or be something very far removed from human in all ways apart from outer appearance.

Nobodies aren't actually the same physical body as their Other used to have - they're somehow created from the energy created by the disappearance of that physical body. That's why Namine and Roxas could both be created from Sora's body.

So, the question is whether the body created by that reaction is anatomically similar to a human, or something completely different. I'm tempted to think that it's the latter, though there's no reason why it has to be, and there's a few clues that they might be more human. There's a few instances where the Nobodies react as if they could bleed (Axel's got a hit animation where he wipes the side of his mouth, and Saix brings his hand up to his face before he realizes that he's dying), but they can't show anything, of course.

sassysis10

That was always a cool part. At least in KH RE: COM version. Nobodies are mainly made up of just memoires and a body, right? so i'm sure other members could pass through people too.

watermage9

So they act upon their memories and those that they share they attempt to express? Some of the members think that they do have emotions or hearts which is what Demyx expressed, but then again he could be saying that to decieve Sora which brings back to the question if nobodies do have physical hearts and their body is consisted of darkness, and their element it makes us wonder the kind of elements each one was created with and maybe just maybe the element could link back to their somebodies' hearts before they lost them to the darkness?

Shadowlight

When dealing with Kingdom hearts, forget everything you learned in Biology.

The term heart is not used as an organ, but almost an extension of the characters. Don't let it bother you...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You people are forgetting that you're discussing Human Shaped Nobodies here, which are the minority of the minority.
Look at the Dusks. Look at the Berserkers. Look at the Crawlers.
I don't think any one of us doubts their "anatomy" when compared with a human being's. Why should we the human shaped Nobodies' then? Many people, myself included, go as far as believe that the human shaped Nobodies lack heartbeat. It's just the kind of thing for KH to pull off.
They don't bleed, they ooze Darkness and experience.
They can deteriorate and become Dusks.
How does that tie in with them having human anatomy?
It doesn't.

tl;dr human shaped Nobodies have only the looks going for them. Their true relation to the human anatomy is lacking at best.

C

crazyKHfangurl

I think that they do have the Organ hearts but concerning emotions im not sure because roxas, axel and xion (if you have heard of her) show emotions... and they are not fake so this still leaves us still wondering about this question...

Muse

you look atrocious
KH logic and real world logic are not the same. In KH, you can survive without having a heart. In the real world, you can't.

Also, the manga shouldn't be taken for canon since it isn't. :/

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Like I explained to someone before in another place:

For the question of the heart, in English, Japanese is hard to portray because it is much more complicated, and it has many more characters that define one thing. This is the case here. Heart, in English, means everything. Feelings, organ, emotions, etc. Name it. All one. In Japanese, however, it's set apart in two or three other meanings. The name of the heart, the organ, is, 心臓 shinzou.

However, 心 kokoro, means the"heart, mind, spirit". And also 胸 mune "bosom, breast, chest". Both are used to express the idea of the "heart" as related to emotions.

In this case, this is the exact them for KH in general. Which makes sense, when you look back, considering that when Sora stabbed the fake dark keyblade within his chest, a pink, glowing object floated out into the ceiling magically, instead of gush and blood, or the actual beating pump. And no being/creature, at least that have bodies or a body system, can really move and live without a "organ heart". This includes Nobodies. Or else, they wouldn't be doing a lot of things, and Sora would be dead. The Novels even present this more clearly. From what I know, Axel is described to eat ice cream [well, others too], and has bones and ribs. So why not the rest of the human anatomy? Translator turkish_delight said the kanji used in the books was 心, "kokoro". And to test it out, I also looked for scenes in the game in Japanese where they say Heart, just to clarify. And it is "kokoro" as well. A good example since it's repeated, listen:

Last edited:

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Like I explained to someone before in another place:

For the question of the heart, in English, Japanese is hard to portray because it is much more complicated, and have many more characters that define one thing. This is the case here. Heart, in English, means everything. Feelings, organ, emotions, etc. All one. In Japanese, however, it's set apart in two or three other meanings. The name of the heart, the organ, is, 心臓 shinzou.

However, 心 kokoro, is "heart, mind, spirit" or 胸 mune "bosom, breast, chest", is used to express the idea of the "heart" as related to emotions.

In this case, this is the exact thing for KH. Which makes sense, considering that when Sora stabbed the fake Keybalde within his chest, a pink, glowing object floated out, instead of gush and blood. And no being/creature, can really move and live without a organ heart. I mean, from what I know, Axel is described to eat ice cream [well, others too], and has bones and ribs. So why not the rest of the human anatomy? In the Novels, hence, from turkish_delight, she said the kanji was 心, "kokoro". And to test it out, I also looked for scenes in the game in Japanese where they say Heart. And it is "kokoro" as well. A good example since it's repeated, listen:

Pretty good answer

As far as we know they have all the organs a normal human has, but lack the ability to have emotions for the "KH heart".
In a sense they do have hearts, just not the ones that will let them have feelings.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
lawl. the heartless, nobodies and unbirths aren't literal parts of the person's body. it's more of a metaphorical thing. when they talk about having a heart, they're talking about emotions and memories and such.

Or their actually talking about a heart because real world principle dont apply to Kingdom Hearts. When nobodies are actually looking for a heart is because they have lost their own. Memories and emotion come from their heart that why they cant feel and some dont have memories.

AllEndsWith-

I just assume they do have organs and their hearts are just hearts, but special hearts of the KH universe.

And what's the problem with assuming they have human organs.

And for the lower Nobodies and Heartless, I just assume that their anatomy are more animal or mythical animal based.

Like I would think a Shadow would be a Goblin.

A Dusk would have an invertabrate-based anatomy.

You don't need to closely examine every aspect. That's just like asking why Bowser can spit fire. Just roll with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back