• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Organization XIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Why wasn't the Organization's name revealed in Chain of Memories instead of KHII?

By the time we ascertain who the robed antagonists are, their ranks have been halved.

Did Nomura want this occur?

If it were revealed in CoM, Sora and the gang would simply forget by KHII.

Shasta

Awards
You really just answered your own question by the last line. I can give my own answer though.

We to a certain extent, are the player. We only know as much as Sora knows generally speaking. If the concept of KH II and the organizations role were thought of at near or before the same time as KH: CoM then not revealing them in the game was a pretty smart move, as it relates to Sora and to a certain degree, us.

Nomura usually doesn't want us knowing what happens, till it happens.

Veritas7340

Yeah all right. It's just that in KH II it basically went: "We are Organization XIII, a group with seven members..."

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If we have already played CoM, I don't think we would be wondering why Organization XIII consisted only of 7 members. We should have been able to draw the connection through their black cloaks.

Also, Axel. He was in CoM and showed up in KH2's prologue trying to influence Roxas into coming back. He also said something regarding the Organization in the former game, so he sort of dropped a tiny hint about how the CO crew and the rest of the Organization relate to each other.

Samhain

Bronze Member
If we have already played CoM, I don't think we would be wondering why Organization XIII consisted only of 7 members. We should have been able to draw the connection through their black cloaks.

Also, Axel. He was in CoM and showed up in KH2's prologue trying to influence Roxas into coming back. He also said something regarding the Organization in the former game, so he sort of dropped a tiny hint about how the CO crew and the rest of the Organization relate to each other.

Here was the issue back then
KH1 - PS2
Then a year later COM was made...a lot of people wanted to continue on with the story, but it was for the GBA. The GBA was expensive at that time, and there was no youtube back then. Youtube wasn't made till '05...COM was made in '02-'03.

So when people skipped over COM and played directly to KHII they were left in confusion on who the f are these guys...and they call each other "Organization XIII" yet there isn't 13 of them. COM wasn't as advertised either for it's time...it was for an inferior system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back