• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Organization 13 keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgustD

Awards
I came up with a kind of theory about the new organization 13 and wanna to know what you guys think of it. So since each member of the organization has a piece of Xehanorts heart does that mean that each of them has access to wield a keyblade of their own? Being that Master Xehanort is a keyblade Master it could be possibility

TheMostRad

I came up with a kind of theory about the new organization 13 and wanna to know what you guys think of it. So since each member of the organization has a piece of Xehanorts heart does that mean that each of them has access to wield a keyblade of their own? Being that Master Xehanort is a keyblade Master it could be possibility

It's a cool theory, but I feel like Xemnas' lack of a Keyblade shoots that theory in the foot. Admittedly, you could call that a result of the retroactive elements/retcons made to the series from BbS onwards. Plus, most of the recycled Organization XIII members already have their own dope weapons, and I wouldn't want to see them take away Marluxia's scythe or Demyx's sitar.

okhi12

Awards
It's a cool theory, but I feel like Xemnas' lack of a Keyblade shoots that theory in the foot. Admittedly, you could call that a result of the retroactive elements/retcons made to the series from BbS onwards.
Didn't Nomura say that Xemnas not using a keyblade may have been intentional? Like, maybe he deliberately decided not to wield it. I wouldn't discard the theory just because of Xemnas, although I agree that Organization XIII members have cool weapons which define their fighting style, and it'd be better if they still have them. If everyone is using a keyblade this time, boss battles would lack variety. Unless each nort wields it in a distinctive way with keyblade transformations, which would be great too.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's a cool theory, but I feel like Xemnas' lack of a Keyblade shoots that theory in the foot.

That doesn't matter. Xehanort's able to give his vessels a Keyblade, even when they don't have the capability to have one. Young Xehanort in DDD was Xehanort before inheriting a Keyblade, however, Master Xehanort's influence during the last battle with him allowed him to wield one.

Any

Awards
Does this mean Vanitas could dual wield since a piece of Old man’s heart is within him?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It could happen. Not saying it will. But as the others have stated, there are elements that indicate the possibility.
I'm still not sure how I feel about it tho. One one hand, new Keyblades! Coordinated with the character's design! Perhaps allowing them to use more rad attacks in a fight!
On the other hand... new Keyblades. RIP diversity. And maybe instead of helping them stand out more, the battles would feel very samey.

Does this mean Vanitas could dual wield since a piece of Old man’s heart is within him?

Now that's an interesting thought, and it could happen, given how Ven's heart was doing basically the same thing in providing Sora and Roxas with the second Keyblade.
I'm not seeing it though. Vanitas with two Keys sounds just... off.

Leaferian

Awards
I feel like the first time we encounter them they'll use their standard weapons, but I wouldn't be shocked if there was a big set of battles at the end where they all wield keyblades. I think that might be my preferred outcome, especially if the keyblades can transform into their original weapons so they can do signature moves.

Any

Awards
It could happen. Not saying it will. But as the others have stated, there are elements that indicate the possibility.
I'm still not sure how I feel about it tho. One one hand, new Keyblades! Coordinated with the character's design! Perhaps allowing them to use more rad attacks in a fight!
On the other hand... new Keyblades. RIP diversity. And maybe instead of helping them stand out more, the battles would feel very samey.

Now that's an interesting thought, and it could happen, given how Ven's heart was doing basically the same thing in providing Sora and Roxas with the second Keyblade.
I'm not seeing it though. Vanitas with two Keys sounds just... off.

Honestly, Vanitas having two keyblades would make him more interesting than him having Sora’s appearance. If anything, I want Vanitas to be neutral chaotic and mischievous if he’s able to dual wield, he would play the “wildcard” role.

Two keyblades + an army of unversed is lowkey OP imo.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly, Vanitas having two keyblades would make him more interesting than him having Sora’s appearance. If anything, I want Vanitas to be neutral chaotic and mischievous if he’s able to dual wield, he would play the “wildcard” role.

I mean, many of these things aren't exactly connected really.
Vanitas having two Keyblades should have no relation to his face or why it's like that, and it's not even why many find him interesting either. Like, he started out as a dark Sora but he eventually grew up on some people. Personally I like Vanitas the most when he has the helmet on.
I'm not even really sure having two Keyblades equates to being the wildcard, it's not really tied to a character trait. Other people did it before him, one of them being the protagonist (certainly not a chaotic neutral).

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Oooh, I like that. Imagine that each of their unique weapons was actually a transformed keyblade the whole time? But because they weren't norted or they weren't worthy of wielding a keyblade at the time they couldn't collect hearts? Axel's keyblade (and they keychains that give you keyblades) all look like his Chakram.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I feel like them all having keyblades would take away from what is unique about their respective fighting styles.

sephydark

Awards

Honestly, Vanitas having two keyblades would make him more interesting than him having Sora’s appearance.

I think that Vanitas probably could wield two keyblades, but he doesn't either because he doesn't know how to do it or because Xehanort won't let him. I do think it would be pretty interesting if he pulled that ability out on the villains' side, especially since Sora and Roxas are probably going to be losing that ability during this game.

I think it would be more interesting if the organization members that weren't originally keyblade wielders used their signature weapons rather than gaining keyblades, though. I'm still not sure I like Axel replacing his unique chakrams with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back