• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Orchestral Game Concerts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Wasn't sure if would go in the music section or game section, but oh well. If it should be in the music section feel free to move the thread.

Anyway, anyone heard of them? In my opinion, these are by far the best arranged albums for game music there is.

This concert series was an annual event in Japan with a concerts in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1996 playing orchestral video game music.

The concerts were recorded on five albums that has become quite rare nowadays. It's basically the origin of all orchestral game compilation albums.

These albums has it all. The great, great instantly recognizable old classics in full orchestral glory, and the great great not-so-recognizable music from Japanese-only games.

Sporting games such as Wizardry, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and more, this collection is a must-have for all game music fans, and all hardcore gamers I would say too.

But anyway, you've heard of them? You have them? What do you think of them? Discuss!

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
i remember hearing about a orchestrated concert for kh2, they were going to play all the songs and utada hikaru was going to sing sanctuary(passion).

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
There was one going to be played by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra in Detroit (fifteen minutes away from my house...) ON THE DAY I HAD TO LEAVE FOR CAMP.

Yoko Shimomura was going to be there.

They were going to be playing songs from KH2.

I was so mad v.v

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Now you're talking about Play! A Video Game Symphony. Not the same thing.

But we could just do this to a general video game music thread...

But yeah, I went to Play! in Stockholm. Amazing experience, but it doesn't beat Orchestral Game Concerts in my opinion. Play! was for the fans it seemed, and OGC is more the music I'm guessing.

I don't like how they did the Kingdom Hearts segment at Play! though. They totally butchered it up, first was a little part of Hikari orchestral, then seemingly out of nowhere the March Caprice theme came in.

And then they had the whole Passion orchestrated theme. Sure it was nice, but they could have done it into something much better.

I did see Uematsu-san, though. That was awesome.

And Deinstar, have never heard what you're talking about. Where did you hear that?

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Play! was in Chicago in March... They had Akira Yamaoka ;-;

I wish I went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back