• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Orchestra Trailer Leaked

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I mean, apart from this person starting their recording halfway through, that's exactly the trailer that was shown to us.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Atleast we got to see Randall which means this has to be following the movies plotline.
Tasha Sounart confirmed that the story for the Monsters Inc. world is original and taking place after the events off the film.
Monster's Inc. world following an original plot

Even Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas in both the first and second games largely had an original story with the former taking place before the events of the movie and the latter taking place after the film's events.

Also, I'm still perplexed to know why say that this world is following the films plot, when Pixar had said (according to Nomura in an interview at D23 2017 regarding the Toy Story world) that the worlds based on their films need to have an original story that are exclusive to KH and fit somewhere within the film's timeline (e.g. Toy Box story taking place between the events of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3), instead of retelling the film's plot with Sora, Donald and Goofy there. I would like to point out a few things here that the story for the Monsters Inc. world is not retelling the plot of the film:

1. When Sulley and Mike Wazowski first met Boo (sans Costume), the former at the factory and the latter at the restaurant both of them were initially scared of her until they warm up to her once they reach their apartment

[video=youtube;CKsAhkVxd1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsAhkVxd1A[/video]

2. Boo largely remained in her Monster Costume throughout the film until the film's climax where they try to trick Mr. Waternoose.

3. I doubt this is before the event's of the epilogue because Boo's door was shredded by the CDA so that she will never invade the Monster World again. It wasn't until by the end of the movie that Mike had to rebuild Boo's Door with Sulley putting in the missing piece that wasn't shredded and he was reunited with her, which is where the event's of the Monster's Inc. story in III will begin.

[video=youtube;92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s[/video]

More than likely Randall found another door as a way back to return to Monsters Inc.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, to be fair, the trailer at the orchestra was shown before what we got at E3.
Op said “there’s one big difference, can you spot it”. I believed that to be a reference to a previous discussion where some people thought this trailer didn’t match up with a reaction video.

My post only served to confirm that everything shown there is exactly the same as it aired in the venue, minus the first half of the trailer.

SuperstarSaga08

Awards
Tasha Sounart confirmed that the story for the Monsters Inc. world is original and taking place after the events off the film.Monster's Inc. world following an original plotEven Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas in both the first and second games largely had an original story with the former taking place before the events of the movie and the latter taking place after the film's events.Also, I'm still perplexed to know why say that this world is following the films plot, when Pixar had said (according to Nomura in an interview at D23 2017 regarding the Toy Story world) that the worlds based on their films need to have an original story that are exclusive to KH and fit somewhere within the film's timeline (e.g. Toy Box story taking place between the events of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3), instead of retelling the film's plot with Sora, Donald and Goofy there. I would like to point out a few things here that the story for the Monsters Inc. world is not retelling the plot of the film:1. When Sulley and Mike Wazowski first met Boo (sans Costume), the former at the factory and the latter at the restaurant both of them were initially scared of her until they warm up to her once they reach their apartment[video=youtube;CKsAhkVxd1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsAhkVxd1A[/video]2. Boo largely remained in her Monster Costume throughout the film until the film's climax where they try to trick Mr. Waternoose.3. I doubt this is before the event's of the epilogue because Boo's door was shredded by the CDA so that she will never invade the Monster World again. It wasn't until by the end of the movie that Mike had to rebuild Boo's Door with Sulley putting in the missing piece that wasn't shredded and he was reunited with her, which is where the event's of the Monster's Inc. story in III will begin.[video=youtube;92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s[/video]More than likely Randall found another door as a way back to return to Monsters Inc.
I thought Randall died at the end lol, but now I wonder how KH3 fits into the Pixar Theory and Universe.
Edit: Should've been more detalied with what I said, By difference, I meant that Randall was in unlike the trailer we got at SE conference, sorry for the confusion I might have caused.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I thought Randall died at the end lol, but now I wonder how KH3 fits into the Pixar Theory and Universe.
Edit: Should've been more detalied with what I said, By difference, I meant that Randall was in unlike the trailer we got at SE conference, sorry for the confusion I might have caused.

Give him more credit than that, he was only getting beat up by an old lady and redneck kid for humor, realistically he probably strangled them both and then found another door to get himself back to the monster world. They mistook him for an alligator, they weren't very bright. Also, he can go invisible, that wouldn't have been to hard to do. All he'd have to do to get back is find another door like Mike and Sully did, it wouldn't be that hard cause he can be invisible completely. No Waternoose, however, means it's post story. He was arrested, but who knows even he could have escaped the clutches of the CDA.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'd be so down for a Vanitas and Randall collaboration. Vanitas gets Randall back to Monsteropolis and Randall scares Boo so Vanitas has screams for the Unversed.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd be so down for a Vanitas and Randall collaboration. Vanitas gets Randall back to Monsteropolis and Randall scares Boo so Vanitas has screams for the Unversed.

According to the Japanese website, Randall is the one causing the riot in the factory. I don’t think we’ll see Vanitas until after the main conflict has been resolved, but he could still be responsible for Randall’s return.

Meow Wow

Awards
So in that case, maybe Randall could be upset he was kicked out of Monsters Inc. (correct me if I’m wrong, it’s been a while since I last saw the movie) and wants revenge against the company. In that case he could be using Vanitas to help him with revenge and keeping he screams withtin the company.

Perkilator

Awards
According to the Japanese website, Randall is the one causing the riot in the factory. I don’t think we’ll see Vanitas until after the main conflict has been resolved, but he could still be responsible for Randall’s return.
Vanitas seems to be helping with the main conflict, though settling it might mean doing all the stuff with the fire in the factory and taking care of Randall, which doesn’t sit very well with me.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
So in that case, maybe Randall could be upset he was kicked out of Monsters Inc. (correct me if I’m wrong, it’s been a while since I last saw the movie) and wants revenge against the company. In that case he could be using Vanitas to help him with revenge and keeping he screams withtin the company.

Yeah, he wasn't kicked out of the company, Mike and Sully "banished" him by throwing him into a door that lead to a trailer in a swamp where he was assaulted by rednecks and then tossed the door so it would shatter and he wouldn't be able to go back through it. However, just as they found more kids who's doors were being opened for scaring at night, he could have just as easily (or even easier since he can go invisible) found one that was opened for laughing at night and sneaked back in.

shady543

Awards
ehhhh I don't know I just can't see Vanitas working together with Randall and I especially can't see him being used by Randall ether. To me so far it seems like Randall is the one causing the destruction (if that website is correct) and Vanitas is there for the scream power and Ventus. And if thats the case that's very interesting considering so far the SOD seems to be the main villain of each world, yet Randall is causing just as much terror if not more (randall a SOD confirmed????? xD). Or unless Vanitas could be the reason Randall got saved in the first place (if thats the case than Vanitas is using Randall), that is another way I can see going down.

sephydark

Awards
Yeah I think that if Vanitas and Randall are working together then it will be Vanitas using Randall and not the other way around. Maybe Vanitas wants to use the chaos Randall is causing as cover while implementing his own plans? In that case, we could find out about Vanitas before the end of the Randall bits, but still have to defeat Randall first because he's the one causing the most immediate destruction.

Of course, it could also be that Randall was resourceful enough to come back on his own and they actually have nothing to do with each other.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The full trailer leaked. It starts a little after 4:40. Go a little earlier though and Nomura says that filming will have consequences. He’s probably gonna delay KH3 to next Christmas. Lol. https://youtu.be/brwVh3t084g

The Tangled minigame looks great though!

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Also, the Carousel attraction flow is on all the three titans (Wind, Lava, Ice), and not just relegated on the Ice Titan.

In addition, since the sound quality is clear, I believe Randall's complete quote was: "Hey, who cares?"

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, the Carousel attraction flow is on all the three titans (Wind, Lava, Ice), and not just relegated on the Ice Titan.

Also since the sound quality is clear, I believe Randall's complete quote was: "Hey, who cares?"

Oh shoot! I definitely see the Lava Titan, but I can’t find the Wind Titan. Are we getting a three-way Titan battle in the first world of this game!? This is like a dream come true.

The fan girl screaming is over 9000! (also it's good to hear Xigbar say "As if!")

Right? It’s crazy that it’s been six years since we’ve heard him say it in a new game. I’m glad that the Organization members are retaining their unique traits and mannerism despite being under Xehanort’s influence.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I love how the biggest reaction was towards Remy.

Right? It’s crazy that it’s been six years since we’ve heard him say it in a new game. I’m glad that the Organization members are retaining their unique traits and mannerism despite being under Xehanort’s influence.
Everyone acting like Xehanort would get old pretty quick lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back