• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Optional Missions in 358/2 Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meteora

These, I would skip because I'm interested in mostly completing the story. However at the same time, I want a little of the gameplay aspect of it, which is why I wouldn't simply look up the scenes on YouTube.

However, I notice that even some of the optional missions may have cutscenes before, during, or after the missions are over. May not be major cutscenes, but nevertheless scenes.

My question though is this. If you decide to "advance" the date after you've completed the mandatory missions and have not touched the optional missions at all, and when both the completed and optional missions appear in the "Holo Missions" section where you'd be able to redo any old mission, do the cutsenes that appear before/during/and after the optional missions show up? Or do the optional missions omit this once they're in the holo missions section?

This is important because I wouldn't want to go through them now if I could just see the cutscenes from them later, and if I cannot see them, then I would do the optional ones. Doing every single missions apparently lengthens the game by at least 3 times compared to just accomplishing the mandatory ones.

I may wrong about optional missions showing any cutscenes at all (which I kind of doubt, but if someone is truly sure about this, let me know).

Also, sorry if the thread prefix says KH1. There were only Discussions, KH1, and KH2 to choose from, and I chose KH1 because this game if I recall correctly happens in the late part of KH1 and then into COM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
These, I would skip because I'm interested in mostly completing the story. However at the same time, I want a little of the gameplay aspect of it, which is why I wouldn't simply look up the scenes on YouTube.

However, I notice that even some of the optional missions may have cutscenes before, during, or after the missions are over. May not be major cutscenes, but nevertheless scenes.

My question though is this. If you decide to "advance" the date after you've completed the mandatory missions and have not touched the optional missions at all, and when both the completed and optional missions appear in the "Holo Missions" section where you'd be able to redo any old mission, do the cutsenes that appear before/during/and after the optional missions show up? Or do the optional missions omit this once they're in the holo missions section?

This is important because I wouldn't want to go through them now if I could just see the cutscenes from them later, and if I cannot see them, then I would do the optional ones. Doing every single missions apparently lengthens the game by at least 3 times compared to just accomplishing the mandatory ones.

I may wrong about optional missions showing any cutscenes at all (which I kind of doubt, but if someone is truly sure about this, let me know).

Also, sorry if the thread prefix says KH1. There were only Discussions, KH1, and KH2 to choose from, and I chose KH1 because this game if I recall correctly happens in the late part of KH1 and then into COM.
I'm fairly certain the cutscenes show up again.

In regards to your final paragraph, did you consider placing it in the handheld section? It is located at the top of the Kingdom Hearts discussion page.

Maxyli138

Some of the optional missions have small cutscenes, but they're not too important. Most of them are Roxas talking to Axel and/or Xion about his day. But if you really want to see them, just do the optional missions. They don't take that long. In the game, if the cutscene shows up before the mission review screen, then it can be seen again in the holo missions. If it is played after the mission review, then you can't see it again unless you replay the game.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net

Well, the optional missions are good for unlocking Sora and Mickey in Mission Mode, (In one go) as well as Leveling Up faster, but aside from "supposed" Replay value, it all falls down to how much of the game you wanna play.

The optional missions are, in my view, more for the hardcore fans demanding more gameplay than for being of any substance to the story. And if you think that's a lot, (which it is) consider the fact that Nomura originally considered putting exactly 358 missions into the game. Now THAT would've been a thumb workout.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back