• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Optimism!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Would you consider yourself an Optimistic person?

What do you do to remain optimistic?

Do you find yourself more at ease when optimistic?

How important is optimism in your life?

Does your optimism affect other people?

Discuss.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well, I prefer to be optimistic, as on the optimistic side, my life has only just began, I know what I want to do and all I have to do is get a plan together.

The pessimistic side isn't even worth thinking about.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
like 75% of the time I am. I try.

It really depends on my surroundings but I really do try for it to not get to me.

This is a given, of course.

If I were never happy in this world. I'd die of depression. Enough said.

Happiness is contagious. :D

Shawty

Awards

I try to be as positive as I can, so yes I consider myself an optimistic person.

Depends on what kind of situation I'm in, most of the time I just fill my mind with positive thoughts.

Definitely.

Well I'd rather be positive about things and I'd rather see people that way, so pretty important.

Yes, definitely. Like Nelly said, happiness is contagious!

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
True. But if we examine optimism as in realistic "positive" expectations. then optimism is very possible.

Like finding the positives in a bad circumstance. or out to make a good situation out of a bad one.

(and my fanbase isn't that big)

theirlosthearts

Awards
I have been known as a pessimist to many people. Honestly, I think I am more of a realist. I do try to be optimistic when I can just so I don't ruin other people's days or anything like that. And apparently, talking about death automatically makes you an emo pessimist. And yeah, I think being optimistic can affect other people. It has affected me, and I've seen it affect other people too, all in good ways.

Considering my previous rampant depression, I may not be the best person to respond to a thread about optimism, oh well -_-

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I have been known as a pessimist to many people. Honestly, I think I am more of a realist. I do try to be optimistic when I can just so I don't ruin other people's days or anything like that. And apparently, talking about death automatically makes you an emo pessimist. And yeah, I think being optimistic can affect other people. It has affected me, and I've seen it affect other people too, all in good ways.

Considering my previous rampant depression, I may not be the best person to respond to a thread about optimism, oh well -_-

Your past has no relevancy to your future, it's your history that matters.

Anyway, discussing things like death has always been a touchy topic, we're all going to die, so nobody wants to talk about it, but because we're all going to die, get the discussions out early and enjoy life, this is being realistic, not optimistic or pessimistic.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Your past has no relevancy to your future, it's your history that matters.

I just found it ironic because five years ago, I would have never imagined myself talking about optimism in a, well, optimistic manner.

Anyway, discussing things like death has always been a touchy topic, we're all going to die, so nobody wants to talk about it, but because we're all going to die, get the discussions out early and enjoy life, this is being realistic, not optimistic or pessimistic.
Thank you. I'm glad that somebody else thinks that death isn't always a pessimistic subject. I just wonder how many times people do something stupid that they wouldn't do if they thought about the fact that their life is finite and that they're not invincible.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I try to be as optimistic as possible given realistic expectations, if that makes any sense.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
^like this guy

i am a realist. i'm not going to delude myself and then be let down later. i'm going to approach it realistically and naturally and if i have reason to be excited, there will be a hint of optimism. the same goes for thoughts of pessimism.

but honestly it depends on the situation and i wouldn't assign the word "optimism" to my thought process.

Sorax 122

Hmm... I'm not too optimistic or pessimistic. I'm not going to say things like my parents died so now i get money, and I'm also not going to be like the world is going to end. So i guess i'm in between.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Yeah, I'm pretty much a swirling mass of cynicism, skepticism, pessimism, hatred, and overall negativity. I was already negative just as an 8 year old kid, and it developed more so over the years. But college has amplified it about 10x as much. I pretty much hate the world. The sad part is, I'm not even trying to be sarcastic or in any way humorous.

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
“To the question whether I am a pessimist or an optimist, I answer that my knowledge is pessimistic, but my willing and hoping are optimistic.” – Albert Schweitzer

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I'm pretty much the textbook definition of an optimist. Especially with being an athlete you have no room to be pessimistic or negative. It not only hurts your public image but your team as well. Apart from sports I still keep the attitude. I suppose you can say that it bled through to my personal life. But I am by no means blind to realistic situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back