• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Optimism!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm a total optimist. I don't default to assume the best from every situation, I take it for what it is and aim for what I see as achievable (mediocrity at its finest). However, I am hopeful and I make the distinction very subtly, even if there may be none, there is to me; I have this conviction that everything is survivable (well, everything except the last thing) and that I'll get by, make do, and find my own happiness in life. I don't have a daily positive outlook persay but I have faith in my own resilience and will.

Awards
Would you consider yourself an Optimistic person?
Regarding people, absolutely. I try to think the best of others. But when it comes to situations or outcomes, my views tend to be more bleak. Where something's going, how I did on a task/exam, how well I'll handle something I've been practicing for... I brace myself for the worst because that's just what I expect, I guess.

What do you do to remain optimistic?
I dunno, how I see things just came naturally to me. I don't remember thinking otherwise about people or, if there's a situation I am optimistic about, that comes naturally.

Do you find yourself more at ease when optimistic?
Not really, since there's always the possibility the reality could fall flat. A bit paranoid, but oh well.

How important is optimism in your life?
It's not, really. I'm not openly pessimistic, but I'm not saying everything is happy and beautiful, either. It's good to be able to look at something objectively, so it depends on the situation and what I'm being optimistic about, exactly.

Does your optimism affect other people?
Or my lack thereof~ Not really, actions say more than attitude from me, mostly because I'm not the most expressive girl ever.

very differentiable
Awards
I'd say i am a realist, though there are occasional instances of me being indifferent. Let-downs and luck can both occur, realism seems fitting.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I cannot say I am always an optimistic person, but I try to be optimistic for the most part.

I try to look on the bright-side of things, which usually does help. I know there are lots of annoying, bad, and awful things that happen in the world, but I decide to think that there is a reason for the things that happen. When there is a chance to hope instead of despair, I hope.

Very much at ease. It just makes me a more happy person when I am optimistic. Of course I do have bad times, and some really awful things have happened in my life, but when I think about things in an more optimistic way it makes things seem at least a tiny bit better.

It seems fairly important. Without some optimism I would be a very unhappy person and life would seem so much worse than it really is.

I would hope it affects at least one person in a positive way other than myself.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I hope for the best and expect the worst.

Dunno what you'd call that.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm a total optimist. I don't default to assume the best from every situation, I take it for what it is and aim for what I see as achievable (mediocrity at its finest). However, I am hopeful and I make the distinction very subtly, even if there may be none, there is to me; I have this conviction that everything is survivable (well, everything except the last thing) and that I'll get by, make do, and find my own happiness in life. I don't have a daily positive outlook persay but I have faith in my own resilience and will.

Heh, I've always really liked that scene.

I think I kinda force myself to be an optimist. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself so I don't feel comfortable settling with what I believe would be a realistic outcome. If I did, I would always be afraid of trying my best, out of fear that whatever my best would be wouldn't match what the realistic outcome should have been. Although not meeting my optimistic goals has its own kind of pain, I'd much rather be optimistic and confront my limits when I reached them instead of never striving for out-of-reach goals in the first place. Blegh, I'm not sure if any of that made sense but oh well.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Let's just say that I'm an optimistic realist. Like many have said before, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Why? Because it makes the most sense. By expecting the worse, you give yourself time to emotionally prepare for whatever life wants to throw at you before it actually happens. And hey if the worst doesn't happen, you're rewarded with a nice little surprise. Whereas if you would have been completely optimistic, you would have set yourself up for a huge disappointment.

I'm also pretty blunt; it's part of who I am. I will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. I'd rather tell you the cold hard truth than sugarcoat shit for you. It's also better to hear the truth from someone that cares about you than from some random mook.

So why do I say I'm optimistic? Because I always try and put a positive spin on everything even if things look bleak. Why? Negativity gets you nowhere. You wind up wallowing in your own grief and honestly, it just puts too much unnecessary and unneeded stress on you. Why worry? In the end, what good will it do? Will crying about something really make any difference? You're better off putting that wasted energy into trying to change your life for the better.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Only when I'm wish others and they need some optimism, when I'm alone I can get pretty pessimistic

Look on the bright side of things

I try to be optimistic when I'm stressed so yeah. I guess it helps me be at ease

Not very, I don't think about this stuff much :/

I'd like to think it does since that's why I try to be optimistic around people

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro

Yes, definitely!

Hmm...I don't think I've ever stopped being optimistic so I've never really had to do anything remain optimistic....I guess when things don't go as planned I just shrug and say I did what I could, I learn from it and then I look forward to tomorrow even more because of it.

I think I'm actually a little less at ease. With optimism, there's always the possibility of being let down. With pessimism, you expect to be let down, so there's really nothing to worry about. But I think I feel a lot happier when thinking optimistically than I do when thinking pessimistically so even though I may be a bit less at ease, I'm a lot better off overall.

Very. Many of my closest friends and family have a very pessimistic outlook on life. My optimism is kind of a coping mechanism, and it allows me to continue to have relationships with them without falling into their way of thinking. It frightens me to think of what might have happened to me if I had become the same way.

It encourages some of my friends, but I find it's pretty much ineffective for the really pessimistic ones. They find it useless, annoying, idiotic, and unrealistic. But I care about them, and I used to want it to affect them, even just a little. So I became even more optimistic. And when nothing happened, I thought I needed to be even more optimistic. But I realized that my optimism could not help people who didn't want to embrace it, so in the end, the only one it really helps is me. It's disappointing, but it doesn't stop me.

Maxyli138

Not really. It depends on the situation I guess.

Search for reasons that could lead to a happy and tolerable outcome.

Yes, if I am confident that I'm in a good situation and there's hope that good things will come then I'll be more relaxed. I'm not sure if that's considered "optimistic" or not though.

Sort of. I need a balance of optimism and realism to keep me in check. No optimism means I won't be happy and most likely the things I do will have little effort involved. No realism and I just do stupid things.

Probably not.

Discuss.

Honestly I don't think about whether I'm "optimistic" or not. I'm one of those people who needs factual information and observations to help decide her feelings on her situation. I won't believe that everything will be alright based on a pure whim.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Well, since the success thread is gone for whatever reason, might as well post this here.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good about an upcoming job interview later this week.

Shawty

Awards
Well, since the success thread is gone for whatever reason, might as well post this here.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good about an upcoming job interview later this week.

It's not gone actually, it's moved to forum insanity. I have no idea why though.
Anyways good luck at your job interview!

TraverseinTrance

I have my moments, but for the most part I'm a very optimistic person.

I realize that no matter what, everything has to be okay.

Yes.

Very.

I hope it does, positively.

I've had my share of problems and I'm going through stuff right now, but I know I'll be okay. I have a lovely support system and I just need to remember that I'm so lucky for what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back