• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Opinions on Namine?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasy08

I'm curious. I rarely see anyone talk about her. Good or bad. So I want to know people's personal opinions,and how does she mesh up for you in regards to the three other female protagonists in the series. :)

Last edited:

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Hmm... I like Namine I guess, I never really thought about it.

Oh and there's four females in the KH series, Kiari, Xion, Aqua, and Namine.

And I think the rest of the females are pretty cool (except Xion)

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
My levels of like do dislike go as follows for me:

1. Aqua
2. Kairi
3. Namine
4. Xion

Namine's alright, but I don't really see a big need for her.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
My levels of like do dislike go as follows for me:

1. Aqua
2. Kairi
3. Namine
4. Xion

Namine's alright, but I don't really see a big need for her.

I agree with this completely, but IMO Kiari and Aqua are tied. Cuz Kairi was the first female in the KH series and she's a PoH. (that one bitch in Destiny Islands doesn't count)

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I love Naminé; she's my favorite KH character, hands down. Does she have some Sue traits? Yes, but since most of the main characters are Stus/Sues, it can't be helped. If Stus/Sues push the right buttons, they can be likable. Not to mention she does have her share of flaws, so I can relate to her sometimes. So I suppose if you compare her to other KH girls, she's really not that Sue-ish.

To keep things short, I love how Naminé tries to help out others as much as she can (with saving Kairi, opening a dark corridor at the end of KH2, confronting Xion, helping Roxas with his dilemma in that virtual Twilight Town, etc). She's sweet and humble with a bit of badass to her (because I thought it was cool how she bailed Kairi out of prison and went up against Saïx). Not to mention she's pretty adorable >w<

For me, it goes Naminé > Aqua > Kairi > Xion

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dont care either way bout her to me shes just there.
for me <3 Aqua>the rest.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
I'm neutral when it comes to Namine, honestly. I don't dislike her, but I don't like her either. I think she's very sweet and I do think it's tragic how she was just being used (well, Xemnas was using pretty much everyone in the Organization), though.

But for the love of all things sacred, can someone please enroll that poor child in some art classes?

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
i never really liked her then again i dont like her sombody or other either i just really didnt like namine as a character

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally, I love Naminé. Not as much as Larxene, as she's officially my favorite Kingdom Hearts girl (that would be presented in the proper thread, whenever I get to it), but she's probably the only one of the Kairis I appreciate. Kairi herself doesn't strike me as "out there" enough for me to pay attention to - if any of the accusations about her is true, is that she's underdeveloped and mostly put aside. Therefore, I haven't really gotten to know the character herself, despite that I've understood her personality and actions. I don't hate her, I don't dislike her, but I don't love her, or like her either. For the moment, she's okay/neutral. Xion...I can go on about paragraphs and paragraphs as to why I just hate "her", but anyone who's seen me respond in the topics know my feelings. Aqua has yet to make a rank, considering I don't know her, but it's looking good so far.

It's hard to believe that the main girls (well, including one gender ambiguous one) that we have been stuck with have been this lackluster for a video game. They are either not used much, or just executed and written badly. And when you are going up against great male characters who they actually put time into, it's difficult to surpass them.

Generally, Naminé's a sad person, and appears to be a walking white ball of low self-esteem. Weak-willed, a pushover, quiet, keeps to herself, etc. Unlike others, this doesn't make her sympathetic, in my opinion, but sort of pathetic instead. Makes sense in her background: being born in Castle Oblivion, alone, stuck in a room to be watched over, used, and perhaps never seeing the outside in all her life until the end of CoM. It's this that propels her to summon Sora; the feeling of solitude, of having no one to care for her, to be there for her, to be a friend. Even with being forced to by the members (and aware that it wasn't right and acting right away when she got the chance), there's no doubt that a part of her wanted Sora to be by her side, to make her be a priority for him like he was for others. The result of it was just not the way she expected things to go, and it was her selfishness that got him into this problem in the first place. Hence, the guilt. This was truly shown when, despite agreeing to help fix Sora's memories in the final scene, you see a hope inside her that maybe, just maybe, he would choose to keep the experience of Castle Oblivion - no, her. When he didn't, she was visibly disappointed, but shrugged it off with a smile, saying along the lines, "who needs false memories anyway?" But got an oath that her and Sora can be real friends in return.

From then on, she had worked relentlessly to piece everything back together in dedication...and also as a means of redemption. She felt sorry for those who had to sacrifice their selves and freedom, and tried to help them, at least in the case of Roxas mostly (Xion was one moment, and even then, it was explaining the factors), as much as she possibly could in guidance. At the same time, she was tied to the promise of helping Sora recover, and while she didn't force the decision, she didn't convince them not to go inside him either.

It's THESE flaws, real flaws, including her frailness (negative trait like no other), that made me already like her in general as a character. Here's a girl who seems like a pure angel, dressed in white on the outside, but not so perfect on the inside, and liable to make mistakes out of her own personal, natural desires. I don't care if she's sweet and nice in positive terms. I like to see more beyond that, or else, it's just the angel incarnate, which is boring. That's not human.

Her growth was also done very well. She was fragile throughout the whole game, putting her head down, and just being there instead of doing something. It wasn't until Axel let her go that she found the first spark of strength to put a stop to all of it. Actually, it feels like she was mostly helpless due to being held back and trapped by the Organization, perhaps because of fear and lack of ability to do anything about it. Once that adversity was removed, she put herself on the line after witnessing all the damage she had to see. Kind of like someone in real life who was bullied, but was tired to see another suffer, and mustered up the courage to finally step to the plate. It continued when she placed herself as a shield in front of Larxene, trying to stop her from doing any more damage. And it further continued, in a sort of self-discovery, when the truth of what she had done was told to Sora, and he forgave her. There's this person who she really could have messed up completely to the point of being a mindless puppet (if it wasn't for Axel being a double-agent), who knew she had lured him to the danger by her own admittance, and still gave her forgiveness. Once Marluxia ordered her to finish the job, now having even more incentive to work for after that (and after hearing Sora stating it's alright to do what he says), taking example, she refused to do it anymore, coming full circle in standing up for herself.

When all was said and done, she came from being this little puppy, to understanding Sora's decision to get his real memories back, to disobeying Diz, breaking into the Data regardless of the consequence, and aiding Roxas in his time of need, to getting Kairi out of her cell, and to putting fists up at Saïx. She was still sometimes delicate and hesitant, but compared to before, it was a much needed progression. I also like how calm she is, the type of person who can read and see right through you, and comprehends the feelings involved. She was always mature, so it didn't surprise that she took going back to Kairi at ease. It's probably what she wanted, to be whole, than fading into Darkness. Naminé's importance to the series is also astronomical, more seen with Coded (which can be...bad, in some cases, because she's becoming the "know-all" omniscient presence) what with her ties to memories of the CHOSEN ONE and able to manipulate them. It's what also makes CoM crucial, in a way - it's what occurred there that caused the domino effect on 358/2 Days and KH2. (including them uh, building it happened in and what's in there) And since memories itself are a central topic now, it speaks for itself.

She escapes my Xion hatred of story because she was actually in a sequel to a game, rather than being put in between two games that would have mentioned her if she existed. Even when she was down in the dumps, it really wasn't concentrated on. Her introduction didn't take over the whole game, to steal the spotlight - she rarely appeared until the climax. A strong, key force behind the installment, but pertaining to that spot, and being nothing more to the extent of overshadowing everyone else, along with the hero and main character in question. Then again, CoM was overall well executed without leaving forced pity or contrivances. Now she escapes my Kairi neutrality, because she's, honestly, more interesting.

tl/dr: Yeah, I fcuking like the girl \m/. So far, it's Larxene, her, and possibly Aqua that I have no problem with.

About the art skills, she was never described as being Van Gogh or Picasso, you know. She just likes drawing as a hobby.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I despise her DiD roles/personality. The very image of her "too good for the world" self sickens me its like Nomura wanted to embody purity and ended up with its retarded stepsister. Nomura wants you to feel sorry for her and succeeds. The only problem I HATE weak-willed character waiting for there knight in shining armor to come and save her ARGGGHHHHHH EVERY HEARD OF I DON'T WANNA BE NO CINDERELLA? When somebody back slaps you do want to know what you do? You fight the bitch, hell bite her if you have to. Go down fighting!!!!!

All around she a nice girl so sickeningly sweet I may actually have a toothache from talking about her for so long. So i'll just end with I like her but I hate her role in the game.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I despise her DiD roles/personality. The very image of her "too good for the world" self sickens me its like Nomura wanted to embody purity and ended up with its retarded stepsister. Nomura wants you to feel sorry for her and succeeds. The only problem I HATE weak-willed character waiting for there knight in shining armor to come and save her ARGGGHHHHHH EVERY HEARD OF I DON'T WANNA BE NO CINDERELLA? When somebody back slaps you do want to know what you do? You fight the bitch, hell bite her if you have to. Go down fighting!!!!!

All around she a nice girl so sickeningly sweet I may actually have a toothache from talking about her for so long. So i'll just end with I like her but I hate her role in the game.
We must interpret the character pretty differently because I always saw Nami as a manipulative witch who did whatever she wanted to get her way (including leading Roxas to his "death" just so she could fulfill her promise to Sora). I thought she was an awesome character because she was flawed through her selfishness but that didnt stop her from ultimately using people to get what she wanted.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think there all great but Xion... she's a good charachter but she ruined days by giving it a story of it's own which we really didn't need (or want for me atleast)

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I think there all great but Xion... she's a good charachter but she ruined days by giving it a story of it's own which we really didn't need (or want for me atleast)
Uh, she ruined Days by -not- giving it its own story. Instead it was "Xion's Story".

bryanbryan

Namine is d-d-d-wopee. She's cool!
I like her powers. Although it'd be better if she could control other persons memories that have no relation to Sora.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Uh, she ruined Days by -not- giving it its own story. Instead it was "Xion's Story".
almost no games have there own story if you gonna look at it like that
Kingdom Hearts story was stolen by sora (in KH 1) for example
days was Xions/Roxas story, and a story of it's own = "Xion ruined days by giving it a story of it's own"
I don't see how it can - not - have it's own story just because it's about Xion

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
almost no games have there own story if you gonna look at it like that
Kingdom Hearts story was stolen by sora (in KH 1) for example
days was Xions/Roxas story, and a story of it's own = "Xion ruined days by giving it a story of it's own"
I don't see how it can - not - have it's own story just because it's about Xion
When you realize that Days was supposed to be about Roxas and the entire Organization, it's quite simple to see how Xion ruined it by hijacking the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back