• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Opinions needed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juro-Sama

Well lets start off by saying im a starving artists never been employed been t jail twice and life sucs In school got tons of friends no girlfriend we broke up a whie ago.

I want something more out of life my friend never want to go out they just want to play games all day. I know i wont get a job in this economy and due to my criminal record. Im altogether lost on what to do with my life. Got any motivational or inspiration things you could shre?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Try some Jesus? He's the most liberating thing I know.

Rest for the Weary~ Matthew 11: 25-30

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for you souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

JustSnilloc

Try some Jesus? He's the most liberating thing I know.

Rest for the Weary~ Matthew 11: 25-30

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for you souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

This guy knows what's up :D

@TC, try Jesus though... it doesn't seem like you have anything to lose, plus with him you gain

You could always try to find one of those non-normal jobs (think of standard jobs people go for, and go for something different) idk bro... Just ask around

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I'm not goin' to go down the Jesus road for various reasons, so I'll just say to go and get a job that most people overlook. I'd recommend a factory job or maybe something in lawn care with the warm seasons getting here. Those places tend not to care about the past and offer better money than people think. The only issue would be the hours. I once had a factory job where we had to work anywhere from 8-14 hours a day for five days out of the week. But it was night sift and anything past 8 hours was considered overtime. The checks were REALLY good on those weeks.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
1) Be glad you aren't on 4chan with a thread like this.

2) Don't get involved in Christianity, and especially don't get involved in Catholicism. I know that isn't constructive advice (although it's some of the best I can give as a baptized Catholic); I'm just balancing out the ideas here. Although, if you must, Eastern Orthodox is the way to go. (Conversely, if you're already Christian...stop doing that.)

3) This gif:
1212828561327.gif

On a more grounded note, try to really recognize that everything that happens in your life is just a series of options. I know that sounds vague, but if you think about it, what it means is that you're in control. And you always have been. Own even the idiotic things you've done, because at least they weren't out of your hands. And that means you can take account for every good thing that has ever happened and use those experiences to your benefit. :]

(Also, depending on where you live, getting a job with a criminal record shouldn't be an issue. A recent coworker of mine was convicted of and on probation for grand theft auto. Granted, my job isn't anything splendid or honor-worthy, but that's not the point. Again, it depends on where you live, but that isn't always an unmanageable obstacle.)

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I just stopped be a Christian just now, really works. Thanks alexis.anagram!

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I just stopped be a Christian just now, really works. Thanks alexis.anagram!

So much sarcasm xD I'll also back what I said with jobs. The jobs that require dirty work are the ones people hate. Get a job at a hospital as a person who cleans bed pans. You'd be suprised just how much you can make. It may be horribly disgusting but it's a job that will pay more because it is never taken. Of course that was just an example

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I don't think simply putting faith in Jesus is going to do anything for him. Jesus is not going to shape his life; he is going to shape his own life.

That being said, I've never been in any sort of situation that you're in now, so it's hard for me to be able to help here, but I'd say just keep at it. Get through school, try to keep out of going to jail another time, and lean on your friends for more support. I hope it all gets better from there.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It's not so much accepting Jesus into your life as it is accepting the fact that you can be a better person. Strive to be good-hearted and do what you truly believe to be right. It's impossible to fail if you do not give up.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I don't think simply putting faith in Jesus is going to do anything for him. Jesus is not going to shape his life; he is going to shape his own life.

That being said, I've never been in any sort of situation that you're in now, so it's hard for me to be able to help here, but I'd say just keep at it. Get through school, try to keep out of going to jail another time, and lean on your friends for more support. I hope it all gets better from there.

Well believing in Jesus would more than help the lonliness. The rest has to come with time. and perseverance

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Well believing in Jesus would more than help the lonliness. The rest has to come with time. and perseverance

So would creating an imaginary friend, but we're not encouraging him to do that because it sounds ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 36435

taylor that is exactly what aldrain is encouraging
heyooooo

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Because Imagination has never solved anything before, ever. Oh wait, yeah it has. And if the imagination provides a correct, or efficient solution, I'd have to say that darn imagination might be a genius.

There is a difference between reality and illusion, but who can clearly define what is merely the veil of maya or something else.

Imagination is one of the universe's ingredients.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Because Imagination has never solved anything before, ever. Oh wait, yeah it has. And if the imagination provides a correct, or efficient solution, I'd have to say that darn imagination might be a genius.

There is a difference between reality and illusion, but who can clearly define what is merely the veil of maya or something else.

Imagination is one of the universe's ingredients.

Except that you are giving them a method for their madness. (Just using that as a figure of speech) Last I checked we were here to help this guy, not critisize eachothers suggestions. No?

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I am helping him. By preventing him from following poor advice.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
*facepalm* I don't see why you need to object to a reasonable suggestion. You haven't really contributed to helping him. You haven't given him a suggestion to work with. I don't see how faith can hurt him. Besides the fact that you seem to hate religion, you have no reason to get in my face about a simple suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back